[Deprecated] Notifier Plus

I figure out how to select a start date! Thanks to Google. :wink:

V1.1.9 - 06/12/19 - Added ability to select start date for 'Run every X days' option

When you say select a start date, do you mean start day? For example, do i select Monday and run every 14 days, or can I pick say 06/17/2019 every 14 days. If it is the latter, I do not see where to enter a date.

Scott

EDIT: Never mind. It shows up after leaving the every X days field.

1 Like

Yeah I just edited my post. You have to leave the Run every X number of days for it to show up....

Both of my notifications are showing in the scheduler for the correct date. After that date arrives, it will repopulate the scheduler with the next date?

That's the plan, we will see. :grin:

1 Like

I have faith in ya!

1 Like

Well......:slight_smile:

I created a NP rule to fire every 14 days starting today (06/17) at 7:15 AM and notify me via Pushover. Rule worked as expected. However, it appears it did not readjust the Scheduled Jobs for the next date of 07/01. It is empty. Does it take a bit to do this or should it have been immedately after the time for the notification had lapsed?

Scott

@bptworld I am getting a duplicate on the Day Selection. The other Child devices I made have it correct with month, day and year. Child App is at 1.1.9. FYI, I was making my 7th child.

Well the Hub started to slow way down after I tried to created another child a couple of times. I rebooted the hub and tried again. This time it came up with this. Sorry to bother you. I know you are still trying to get better.

I changed some things around in the new release. Testing now.

Whoops, I fixed the typo in the Feb section. :sunglasses:

New version on Github...

V1.2.0 - 06/18/19 - Fixed a couple of typos, Attempt to fix the 'run every x days' option

@bptworld I just updated and tried to create another child. I got the same results as the lower picture above, no "day". Do I need to do something different?

Did you select a 'Month'? The day only shows up after you select a month because each month can have a different number of days.

@bptworld My bad. I thought the 3 drop downs would be there. Works great now!

1 Like

Bryan, I updated the app to the latest version and setup a test case notification. Just thought I would let you know that the notification worked and the next event is in Event Scheduler for 2 days from now. If it fires again Friday, I would say that your fix is working.

Just thought I would update you. Thanks for the hard work you have done!

1 Like

Noticed that the child device I created did not run. I have 1.2.0. I set it to trigger on a day (today) at a time that was ahead of the current time. I set it to speak on a mini. When the time rolled around there was no speech. I also had it set to send a pushover to my phone. Nothing there either. Here are the logs.

app:19782019-06-25 11:40:00.099 am infotest to see if this app is working - Control Switch is OFF - No need to run.

app:19782019-06-25 11:40:00.098 am debugIn magicHappensHandler...CS: off

app:19782019-06-25 11:40:00.097 am debugIn controlSwitchHandler...Checking what type of trigger to use

app:19782019-06-25 11:40:00.096 am debugIn dayOfTheWeekHandler - Match: state.dotWeek: Tuesday - values: Tuesday

app:19782019-06-25 11:40:00.093 am debugIn dayOfTheWeek...days: [Tuesday]

app:19782019-06-25 11:40:00.092 am debugIn dayOfTheWeek...dayOfTheWeek: 3 dotWeek: Tuesday

app:19782019-06-25 11:40:00.089 am debugIn dayOfTheWeek

Looks like you need to either setup the 'control switch' or turn it 'on'. It won't do anything unless the 'control switch' is on.

Wouldn't a day and a time be a trigger like in RM? What if you don't have a switch to turn it on/off prior to that specific time? This is confusing.
So I need a switch to be turned on prior to the child app running? Is this a one time thing or do I have to use the switch each time?

Say you want something spoken at 1:00pm and repeated over and over. You would then use the control switch to stop the message.

If you have it setup to just speak something one time, every day. Then you would just leave the control switch on and it would run every day. If you ever wanted to skip a day, then just turn it off.

So it looks as if you would want to create a virtual switch for each child so you can control them individually or use the same virtual switch if that would work, yes?

Exactly, I have one for my 'Alarm Clock' and then all the rest use a shared one.

Ok, great, I think I got it. Thanks for the help.

1 Like