[Deprecated] Notifier Plus

Already is, any app that is set up for pushover can send to the new app. Just select your device from the same drop down.

Ahh, didn't know that. I will give it a whirl. Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

Bryan,

After you get to feeling better, I am getting an error in Notifier Plus app.

I am trying to setup a rule that fires every other week. I had it working before, but I was going to make it notify on every other Monday. When I click Done in the app, I get the following error in the logs:

[app:1513](http://192.168.86.5/logs#app1513)2019-06-03 09:48:24.320 am [error](http://192.168.86.5/installedapp/configure/1513)java.lang.RuntimeException: CronExpression '0 15 7 06 17 ? *' is invalid. on line 461 (updated)

I don't know what has changed but I have deleted the child instance and recreated it, but same thing.

Anyways, no rush, whenever your health lets you get back into the swing of things.

Scott

Sorry about that, will have to look at a bit later... hopefully tonight.

1 Like

Please try the new version on github...

V1.1.6 - 06/03/19 - Fixed error with every other week option

Thanks

In scheduler now..... Thanks for the update!

1 Like

@bptworld thank you for a great app and many other apps as well. Been trying to use Notified plus and can't make it work yet with Alexa TTS. I keep getting this error. Do you think you can take a look and fix it?
In this case error happen with any Echo device
I have tried with Echo dot and Echo Show

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'setVolume' is not supported by device. on line 915 (dayOfTheWeekHandler)

Hi,
Alexa TTS doesn't support volume commands. Please see this post.

I've added additional wording to the volume control options...

"NOTE: Not all speakers can use volume controls. If you would like to use volume controls with Echo devices please use the app 'Echo Speaks' and then choose the 'Music Player' option instead of Speech Synth."

New version on Github...
V1.1.7 - 06/06/19 - Added more wording to Volume Control Options. Code cleanup.

Thank you for the quick reply @bptworld. This is a nice workaround. I will try it tonight. If i keep Alexa TTS but just remove any volume values would Speech synth still work?

Don't know, I only use Google for announcements. Give it a shot and let us know!

So it all works like a charm with Alexa TTS. Tried "Welcome Home" and "Notifier Plus" - trick is since volume and restored volume are required values they cannot be left empty but when I set them to 0 this seems disables them and Alexa TTS works when Speech synth is selected as notification device without any issues or errors.
This could be good notification to be added in the app Instructions :slight_smile: @bptworld

1 Like

Bryan,

Was looking at your app trying to figure out how I needed to go about setting up a notification. I can't seem to find what I am looking for in my use case.

We have installed some Mosquito traps that attract and kill mosquitos (cause they're the size of hummingbirds right now) and the trap needs to be replaced every six months for maximum effectiveness.

I wanted to create a notification to notify me six months from today's date. And then 6 months from then, etc. Almost like the every other week method, except every 6 months if that makes sense.

I can create a notification 6 months from now and afterward, edit the notification and change the date again. Was hoping to automate it.

Is this doable, or is this capability already available and I am not seeing it?

Hope all is well with your health scare!!!!

Scott

NP isn't set up to do this. Let me see what I can come up with.

Thanks

Don't waste too much time on it, was just a thought....

I think I got it. :grin: I added another option to 'Run every X days (1 to 365)'. So in your case you would tell it to run every 182 days.

Running a test now but won't know if it works until Wednesday morning. If it works it'll notify me and reset to run in another two days.

Awesome. That was quick! Sounds like exactly what I need.

Ok, new version is on Github. This took a good amount of reworking the 'By day of the week' section. Any apps using the 'By day of the week' option will have to be redone, sorry. If you were using the 'Every other week' option, now you would simply put 14 in the 'Run every X days' option.

Note, I'm still doing some testing but wanted some real world testing to be done. Let me know what you think! Thanks.

V1.1.8 - 06/12/19 - Removed the 'Every Other' option and added 'Run every X days'. Changes made to 'By Date' section, please reselect the 'Month' on any child app.

Thanks for the update. One question. If I had a rule that runs every other Monday, now I would instead have it run every 14 days? But I would still need to create the notification on that day correct?

I'm on a train right now, but later this evening I'll start testing it.

Yes, that is correct. Trying to make so we don't have to do that but still got some work to do on that part. :thinking:

1 Like

Gotcha.