[DEPRECATED] NOAA Weather Alerts

@aaron I am not seeing a repeat still after updating and also running the test alert. Does having the App open or closed have any effect? EDIT: tried it open and closed no effect on outcome.

ADDITION: When running the test alert I also noticed that when it announces the State after the Town it will say the letters CO instead of the name Colorado.

I leave the app open when clicking the test alert option as the switch resets itself so you can do multiple tests.

Can you delete the content out of the repeat input fields, uncheck the repeat option, click done on the app, open app, check repeat option, set for 3 minutes, hit done, open app and run test?

As for the CO that is what is being provided in the normal alert message from weather.gov. Each region does it differently so haven’t put thought into how to handle that scenario.

Also open a new tab to capture logs. Ensure enable logging is checked prior to running a test alert.

@aaron Ok, it worked this time at 3 minutes. How long will it do this repeat and how do you reset it to stop it? EDIT: It only ran once after 3 minutes but did not repeat again at another 3 minutes.

Why does the second announcement show the test speech and the first one has the speech for our area? Yet the speech for the second announcement was the correct one for our area not the test speech it shows in the log?

Here is what was in the log:

2019-05-07 09:15:05.505 am debugResetting NOAA Tile in 30 minutes.

dev:10672019-05-07 09:15:05.499 am infoNOAA Weather Alert displayed on dashboard.

dev:10672019-05-07 09:15:05.495 am infoReceived weather alert from NOAA App.

app:10072019-05-07 09:15:05.486 am debugSending to NOAA Tile - msg: Attention, Attention. Severe Weather Alert for the following counties: Springfield County. The founder, Jebediah Springfield has spotted a cloud above the nuclear power plant towers.. Expect heavy polution, possible fish with three eyes, and a Simpson asleep at the console.. This is the end of this Weather Announcement.

app:10072019-05-07 09:15:05.382 am debugSending alert to Speech devices

app:10072019-05-07 09:15:05.359 am debugRepeating alert.

app:10072019-05-07 09:13:02.393 am infoWaiting 5 minutes before next poll...

app:10072019-05-07 09:13:02.387 am infoNo new alerts.

app:10072019-05-07 09:13:02.384 am debugAlertSent: '2019-05-06T18:47:00-06:00 Pastalert: '2019-05-06T18:47:00-06:00'

app:10072019-05-07 09:13:02.379 am debugalertMsg built: Attention, Attention. Severe Weather Alert for the following counties: Adams, CO, Broomfield, CO, Weld and CO. Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued May 6 at 6:47PM until May 6 at 7:30PM by the National Weather Service Denver CO. For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a building.. This is the end of this Weather Announcement.

app:10072019-05-07 09:13:02.373 am debugBuilding alertmsg.

app:10072019-05-07 09:13:02.059 am debugURI: https://api.weather.gov/alerts?point=39.962352%2C-104.806035&status=actual&message_type=alert&urgency=immediate&severity=severe,extreme&code=BZW,EWW,SVA,SVR,TOA,TOR,WSA,WSW

app:10072019-05-07 09:13:02.048 am debugChecking/Building alert message

That part in bold is very strange with the CO as written.

The alert only gets repeated once. There must have been a residual setting from older code. Glad that cleared it up. This should now repeat with a regular alert.

@aaron Ok, thanks I will probably get another chance to hear it today again. They are calling for the same as yesterday. I will let you know.

Also your region is still posting the alert but it isn’t new. So the app is just building it accordingly but since it is an old alert it doesn’t announce. I had some code to skip the building of the alert but I didn’t flush it out enough in this build.

Again as for the CO that is your region and how they are handling their message format. You can customize the alert message to just use the headline and instructions and remove the areas.

@aaron Thanks, I will take a look at the alert message.

@aaron I am having issues of the app repeating every 5 minutes, I've deleted and re-installed it twice (v2.2.0) Two days ago I deleted it because of the repeating, and We're supposed to have bad storms again this evening so I tried again installing, and it is still repeating warnings from yesterday morning at 730 am.

I'm kinda wondering if this isn't a chromecast issue though as the repeats don't come by pushover, ONLY on the chromecast speaker.

But one other thing I notice with the most recent app update, is the "custom coordinates" doesn't allow for entering them. as shown in screenshot.

I will look into it. My apologies about the repeats. Not sure what could be causing that. I will add more debug code so we can troubleshoot this.

I'm leaning more towards a chromecast issue, and not thinking as much of an app issue, as I've had to re-discover devices in chomecast multiple times per week because rules that run that are "supposed to" make announcements don't announce.

Thanks for looking into it.

Ok I will definitely get the custom coordinates fixed. Truly appreciate the discovery of this bug.

Question: when the repeat every 5 minutes occurred was it also repeating in PushOver? Did your tile work and scroll too?

Using the timetable in the screenshot, I haven't received a pushover alert SINCE 1:50 pm from when I installed and ran the "test alert".....I have the volume turned down all the way so I can't hear it hoping maybe it's just a cache thing, that eventually it will stop but as you can see from the screenshot log, it goes every 5 minutes.

This looks like a typical Chromecast issue. Go into the device and look at the 'uriQ' under 'State Variables'. If there is anything other than [] next to it, then it's stuck. You'll need to go into Chromecast and remove the device and then re-add it. Remember that you'll have to re-add the device into any apps that use it.

This happens to my Google hubs every now and then.

If this is was you're referring to this is mine?

cq And the repeats are occuring

Yes, typically there would be a url in that field when it gets stuck. I would still just go ahead and remove the device and re-add it. My hubs do this about once a week.

My only "google Home" device is this JBL Link 20 speaker, I tried figuring out how to remove this from the google home app, and was unable to figure it out.

Do you have any tips on how to accomplish this?

Don't have to remove it from Google Home App, just from the Hubitat's Chromecast Integration app. Just un-check the box next to the device and hit 'done'. Then go back into the app and re-check the box and hit 'done'.

Then go back into any app that uses this device and add it back in.

Ya, I actually figured it out, removed everything

Device from HE
Chromecast App
Device from Google Home

Then readded everything and rediscovered devices.

The speaker still repeats the alert from yesterday morning.

Yeah I am not sure what is going on with the repeats. That shouldn’t happen. In the NOAA app what do you see at the bottom for scheduled time?