[DEPRECATED] NOAA Weather Alerts

@anon61068208

I looked at the documentation from tonesto7. I think I am using the correct function now. Give this a try and report back please.

v2.1.3 - added automatic volume restoral for EchoSpeaks devices

NM.. it is restoring volume.

Thanks

1 Like

Any news on Canadian support ?

Appreciate you checking in! Still waiting on the CE for an update. Sent another inquiry today.

Can you add support for Hydrologic Outlook ?

aaron thanks for this...I got the groovy code and all installed but I am stuck on what you mean by "install NOAA tile driver". can you elaborate on how I install the NOAA tile please? Thank you.

@anon61068208

Not sure how to enable an option for just Hydrologic Outlook but what I did do is add now certainty to the mix as well as selecting more options for urgency and severity. You should be able to acquire Hydrologic Outlooks by selecting the appropriate settings. Now keep in mind you if you do not set the what alert you are watching for to flooding then you will get almost every alert under the sun. :slight_smile:

v2.1.4 - added alert certainty to support Hydrologic alerts, changed alert severity and urgency to multi-select, cleaned up code a bit, reset tile alerts if no alerts in feed

1 Like

@mojoman2600

You will need to download the RAW device driver code from the GitHub and paste that as a New Driver in your Driver Apps section. Then follow the directions to setup for Dashboard display.

My test message speaks over my google minis, but Iā€™m not getting any real WX alerts, we have been under flood and tornado watches for the last 12 hrs and not a peep.

Can you send me your settings?

I sent you a PM. Based on the NOAA weather API you are only having wind gusts currently. No Tornado warnings according to the feed. Also, please send me screenshots of your app configuration not the events. Do this in PM rather than public as your LAT/LONG is being exposed.

For those who want all weather alerts minor, moderate, severe, extreme i have now added the minor option in severity type.

2.1.5 - added minor severity for those who want weather forecasting and ALL weather alerts

@aaron Just want to report that your app worked perfectly the other night. Amazingly, with a 5 min poll, it managed to beat Accuweather mobile notifications and the local tv stations. Great work and thanks!

1 Like
  • 2.1.6 - minor code cleanup for install, modified test alert to use custom formatting for testing

Never got this to work for me. We had high wind and frost warnings and non came through.

Can you send me a PM screenshot of your NOAA app settings?

Sorry already removed it

Hard to help you. Sorry you had issues.

No worries. I'll have to attempt it again in the future when I can dedicate some time to it.

1 Like

Well @aaron, gonna give your app a real test today as we have tornadoes popping up everywhere around me.

Will give me a chance to see if I have it all set up correctly as I head to my hidey hole should the need arise!