[Code Freeze] NHL Game Day Live - Follow your favorite teams Game Day Live

Nothing happens in real time. The app checks the game stats every 10 seconds (says so in the first post :wink:). Sometimes you'll get lucky and it's only a 2 second delay, sometimes it could be 14 seconds. Just depends on when the NHL updates the stats and then when this app checks them.

Well that's unfortunate. :disappointed_relieved: I was going to setup some flashing for the sports season but seems the flasher won't handle my devices.

You left out the important parts

I'm always willing to try.

Sorry, I should have worded that better. What I meant by that was that the switch was not being activated with the app running during a game. Works and triggers under the test button, but not during live action.

I saw in the live logs where the game stat update triggered successfully and triggered the speakers when a goal was scored, but the switch was never activated. I only had 3 chances to try since the Blackhawks let McDavid run them over last night, but the app went 0-3 on the switch turning on.

I don't expect an instantaneous response with stat polling. That's completely understandable.

1 Like

Alright, try the new version on GitHub...

1.0.4 - 08/04/20 - Adjustments

This now uses the same handler for the test that it does when live.

Aaand I'm back...

Still having a couple of issues. Based on the logs it looks like the "switch on" time is working properly, but the switch is still not resetting.

I have mentioned a Follow Me issue earlier, and I'm keeping this post here for now as it appears it may be an issue with the NGD app. Everything tests out fine within FM, but an error occurs when activated through NGD. The speaker wakes up but the mp3 file doesn't play. Here's a snapshot of the errors in the log:

Any ideas??? Thanks again as always!

I've got this one fixed. Will be in next release

Looking at the log I see your sending [L:2:2] . I don't see any words or a . after the like it states in the Priority Message Instructions? It should be - [L:2:2].

New version on GitHub...

1.0.6 - 08/07/20 - Fixed a typo with resetScoringSwitches

Still getting the following post update with the switch not resetting. Sorry...

app:2962020-08-07 05:55:32.504 pm errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "null" on line 840 (resetScoringSwitches)

Checked the FM as well and still no audio...

need a log

Please show me exactly how you have it setup in NHL

Seriously, thanks again for all of this. Here's a log of the full 15 second sequence:

And the FM config in the NGD app:

1 Like

Sorry, I can't make it big enough to read it. :eyes: lol, old eyes

Actually, don't worry about it. I was just able to recreate the error. :grin:

No worries... This enough of it to get what you need?

1 Like

Thanks, I'm seeing the error on line 840... which is the switch not resetting.

But my speaker is playing the sound file without an issue. Do me a favor and double check your sound file setup in follow me and make sure everything is good on that end.

It looks to be and fires just fine via the test button. Anything else that could help pin this down?

Could it have anything to do with the 72 second duration?

Okay, first I put a new version on GitHub...

1.0.7 - 08/07/20 - Really fixed the resetScoringSwitches

Looking at your log above for FM... can I see the rest. There should be about another 20 lines. It'll end with 'In letsTalk - Ready for next message'

I realize there's a bit extra, but here's the full 'In letsTalk' sequence just to make sure I didn't miss something:

Should've posted that in reverse order. Sorry if it's confusing. Let me know if I should repost.

Switch issue is resolved by the way. Thanks a ton!