[Code Freeze] NHL Game Day Live - Follow your favorite teams Game Day Live

Introducing 'NHL Game Day Live'
Follow your favorite NHL teams Game Day Live, put a Scoreboard right on your Dashboard!

Do yourself a favor and check out [RELEASE] GameTime - Pro & College Sports Schedules Integration! Awesome app. :smiley:

Features:

• Retrieve a schedule of your selected team for the next 10 days. Place it on your dashboard!
  • Checks daily to see if it's a game day for your team
  • Get a notification 15 minutes prior to game time
  • Track the game live, updates every 10 seconds!
  • See the live scoreboard right on your dashboard!
  • Notifications on runs scored include speech, push and flashing lights
  • Speech requires 'Follow Me'
  • Flashing lights requires 'The Flasher'
  • Parent/Child App structure
  • Create as many child apps as needed

Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using the Hubitat Package Manager.
(HPM is highly recommended)

When reporting problems...

• Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
  • Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
  • Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.

Thanks

3 Likes

Sample Dashboard:

1 Like

I'm not seeing the live scoreboard as an attribute option on my dashboard. I have it set up the same way I did you MLB one.

You have to let it check one time before it will create the scoreboard. Open the app and hit done again. You should then see it in the device. Once you see it in the device THEN try to add it to your dashboard. Be sure all dashboards are closed until you see it in the device.

Hope this helps.

Got it, uninstalled and reinstalled and it finally showed up. I must have rushed too quickly in excitement. Great work.

1 Like

I think I have things mostly set up with using The Flasher and FM, but I have a couple of quick questions. It's possible that I just don't entirely know what I'm doing...

Is there an easy way to test the goal scored configuration without an active game?

I have a few lights set up to flash when a goal is scored, but would like to also have other lights turn a solid color for the duration of the sequence and return to the previous state. Can this be done within The Flasher, or is there another easy way to do it?

Thanks for turning me on to this. I can't wait to see it in action next game!

Yes and no. There is code hidden for my testing purposes. I'll clean it up and make it visible on the next release.

Already in the NHL app...

1 Like

Ah yes. It was getting late. Thanks!

Wondering if a couple other things are both simple to change and possible in a future release.

Could the 30 second "switch on" time be made variable? I'd love if it could be timed out to match the duration of the goal horn, which is like 80 seconds or so I think.

"Message when My Team scores" and "...Other Team scores" are not optional. Could these be made optional like other fields?

New version on Github...

Child and Driver:
1.0.2 - 08/02/20 - Added Score Testing buttons, other adjustments. On Score, lights can stay on for a user set time. Each message is now optional.

I'm watching the bruins game right now, so hopefully can test soon. :wink:

1 Like

Not soon enough...I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s halak or what...not what I wanted to see today :worried:

It's killing me, the Bruins were flat the other night too. Not good!

I know itโ€™s gotta be weird without the crowdโ€™s energy. Hopefully they can find their game quick.

1 Like

I was thinking this exact thing last night!

Amazing. Thanks! Can't wait to try it out!

Well I'm starting to feel like I'm become a PIA, so I apologize for any headaches... I tried the test button for myTeam Score, and it doesn't seem to be using the variable "switch on" time. I have it set at 60 seconds, but it seems to still be using the original 10 second time. Any ideas?

Could you point me in the right direction to play a local file upon a goal scored? I found it and had it working when I first tried all of this, but now can't find it for the life of me. I can't remember whether it's buried in the NHL app, or FM, or what, and t's driving me crazy.

Lastly for what it's worth, I has an issue using The Flasher integration while trying to change some bulb colors to white. It seems to like to move to cyan for some reason when some colors were selected (soft, white, warm white), sometimes when starting to flash, others when restoring from the captured state. I worked around this by using Flasher as a standalone, using "White - Concentrate" as the color and tying it to the switch I'm using, and that seems to work fine.

Thanks again for all your hard work on this!

No problem at all. I can't fix what I don't know about :wink:

adjusted the code.

New version on GitHub

Both, setup your sound files in FM (parent app). Then call them in the message section of the NHL app (or any other of my apps that have speech options). See the instructions in the Message Options section. (Format: [priority:sound:speaker]).

As stated many times, all of my apps are written for Hue bulbs, if another brand is used results may vary. :grin: What brand of bulbs are they?

Please post a debug log over on the Flasher thread of the bulbs going through the changes, so I can take a look at what's going on. Could always be a bug. :sunglasses:

Everything I'm using is Hue. I've gotten rid of the problematic portions for now, but I'll try to recreate it once I have some time. I can't promise I'll be nearly as quick as you are however!

Thanks yet again for all of your help!

1 Like

I just ran a test after setting the switch on time for 60 seconds after updating, and it seems to run on indefinitely now and doesn't turn the switch off.

Let me know if you'd like any logs.

1 Like

One more... It seems the switch is not being activated in real time when a goal is scored. Activates fine with the test button, but not during a live game.