[RELEASE] New beta version for Android (1.5.0) and iOS (1.1.0) mobile apps (Update 4)

@moncho1138 just noticed something in this release (possible was in others as 2st time I have had more than one hub).

It doesn't give you the option to say no. So I was trying to select this hub so I could connect too it, but my devices are on another hub.

For each hub a mobile device needs to be created, even if that device already exist on other Hub. If what you want to do is get the HubUI using Hub Discovery option on Tools is the way.

1 Like

Dashboard seems to only load if local (connected to wifi). Just keeps spinning loading layout.
I have watched the dashboard as I drive out of Geofence and the little green circle with the check mark turns red. It used to just switch over to cloud. If I click on the red check mark to refresh, it tries to load the dashboard, but just spins. Anybody else having this problem? I did not have this problem until I switch to the beta app.

No I wanted to get too this.

The z-wave plus bit. (Had to create a device to get here even though I don't need one on this hub).

What if someone wanted just dashboard and access? There is a option in the app of no geo so I would have thought it would work without it?

I just got this update of the app. On the tools tab the Hub WebUI is pointing me to wrong local ip address. Same with Hub Diagnostic. I guess it is pointing to an old ip address. Under my hubs and hub Discovery I can see the hub with the correct address.
I can't find how to solve this. Tried to logout and signed in again, clear cache on the app but the link are still wrong.

Under settings. Click on "Hub" and select the hub you want from the list. That's what I do anyway !!!

Hmm now the links works, pointing to the correct ip adress. Was just clicking around in the app and now the links are updated with correct ip :thinking:

I've noticed with the beta version that when I click on the hub IP under Hub Discovery nothing happens. Once I click on dashboards then it actually loads the UI for the hub. I'm thinking it's just a bug.

Feature Enhancement Request.
Would it be possible to add seconds to the reported time of Notifications.

Hi There,

Just installed the Beta Version on Android and I read on other posts to clear the cache which I did but the app just sits on the intro screen to no avail.

Thanks

Chris

I switched to Hubitat because Smartthings was not providing local control for Home Monitor.
Now it SEEMS that you cannot access devices (check status, turn on or off) from phone or laptop when you are not on the local network... please tell me that is not true because that would be ridiculous !!!

vpn

I don't see any menus for a vpn.....is this not built into the system like Samsung Smartthings?

You can. You just have to make a Hubitat Dashboard (or however many you want) and use either the app or the cloud link from the Dashboard app to get to it. You could also use another dashboard solution like SharpTools or a different solution like Homebridge. (You could also VPN into your LAN as suggested above, but for just this purpose, that is overkill. You would need that for hub administration, but that wouldn't include anything you mentioned.)

2 Likes

Bertabcd1234 THANKS SOOOOOO much.
I was seriously freaking out....like what did I get myself into....dumping Samsung and then getting something unreachable when away from the home.
I had created dashboards but was getting to from the webui instead of dashboards at the bottom of the app.....
The dashboards at the bottom work great even when I turn off wifi on phone.
Thanks again...

Geofence just freaked out. While home and sitting still at my PC I supposedly departed, arrived, departed again, and arrived:

and I supposedly just departed at 4:20 PM and returned as soon as I opened the Hubitat app on my iPhone.

YOu can also bookmark the cloud link for your dashboard to your start screen. Sometimes I think it's faster going through that than going through the app. Very doable, just not as polished at ST. There are some trade-offs for more local control (that actually works).

1 Like

Also.

If you have a wifi router, such as one of the ASUS ones that has a built in OpenVPN server, with a bit of configuration, you can set that up.

Then, you can load an OpenVPN client on your phone and/or laptop.

Once you do that, you are effectively "on" your local network--and all of the Hubitat functionality is totally accessible. Without any funky hacks.

In fact, if you're more worried about security, you could consider blocking it from the internet and only using it via OpenVPN (a bit more of a pain--and I'm not sure of any other considerations as I've not done that, but it has some potential depending on your needs).