[Depecrated] My Next Manager for your Nest® Tstats (firmware below 2.3), Protects and Sensors: all Nest attributes available (home/away, motion detection, setTargetHumidity, setHotWaterBoost) for automation-and no throttling!

I think I got it...

Had to take a couple of extra steps... first reconnect the wifi on the unit itself... removed the thermostat from the nest app, restarted the thermostat, and then re added the thermostat.

Where I was getting stuck was it was generating an Entry Key correctly but when I would enter it into the Nest app to re-associate it, it would error out that it could not connect.

Thanks for the help! Looking forward to using this app.

1 Like

Very straight forward and easy to follow directions. Very well written too. Thank you for such an easy process. These incredible drivers and app are making my migration off Vera and onto Hubitat so much more easier. Thank you again @yracine66.

1 Like

I went to Hubitat Store | maisonsecomatiq, but I am a bit confused on what product I need out of the multiple buy options. I have the Hubitat C7 hub, and have Nest thermostat. Most probably, all I need is to be able to create a rule in my Hubitat, that when few contact sensors are open, Nest thermostat can be turned to Away/Eco mode.

Can somebody please help me understand the difference between:

MyNext Bundle for Hubitat

My Next Devices for Hubitat

MyNext Tstat for Hubitat

Hi, it's indicated at my store, along with images.

MyNextTstat : driver and service manager for the Nest thermostat,

MyNextDevices: Drivers for the Nest Tstat, Sensor, and Protects and Service Manager

MyNextBundle: MyNextDevices + zoning smartapp called ScheduleTstatZones for many use case scenarios with the Nest tstat. See ScheduleTstatZones - Things That Are Smart Wiki for more details about the use cases supported.

For your specific use case, there is a smartapp called WindowDoorOpen at my github.

Refer to my 1st post of this thread for all use cases covered.

Regards

1 Like

Thank you! I just purchased the Tstat version and it might be just what I need. One question - I have installed the app to make Nest go to Eco, if contact sensor is open. Can I somehow use that even to trigger a notification to the Hubitat app?

Hi, your notification requirement is outside of the scope of my smartapps.

You can only get audio notifications within the WindowDoorOpen smartapp as notifications are not supported natively by the Hubitat platform (contrary to the SmartThings platform).

For more details, refer to this thread

Regards

What about push notifications to the Hubitat mobile app?

And, for push notifications to your phone, you can use the native notifications app and send them according to your event selection and other notification requirements.

This is not something that can be implemented within my smartapps.
Regards

So I installed the tstat app and drivers, and can see that my Nest thermostat appears successfully as a device, and is showing the correct numbers. But, I am not able to figure out how to use it in my automations. Like, if my rule needs to enable "eco", I am not getting the tsat to appear in my list of switches, or buttons etc... what do I need to select in the rule to be able to push the tsat device buttons?

Hi,

As you have chosen to code your own custom automation rules, and not use the ScheduleTstatZones smartapp, please check RM(Rule Machine), WebCore or Sharptools.

All those rule engines can call any methods on the driver (ex. eco(), away(), home(), setHeatingSetpoint(), setCoolingSetpoint, heat(), cool(), etc.) according to your own requirements and automation rules.

There are several threads in this forum about rule engines. I don't use those rule engines myself.

P.S. The list of capabilities and commands supported are listed here:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Tstat#Information

Regards.

I see that when I am setting the mode of my Nest thermostat, there is option for "eco", which is perfect. But, later when I am checking the current mode of the thermostat in my If condition, there is no "eco" mode in the list. Is this intended, or a bug?

Shown below is where i can correctly see "eco" mode during setting:

Shown below, is where during mode condition checking, "eco" is not available.

Hi, please talk to the developer of your rule engine. I don't have any control over what appears in the interface of the rule engine.

Regards

Hi,
I do not think this is a "rule" issue. The screenshot I displayed, are rule configuration input screens. The screenshot shows the available tstat mode values...not the actual rule logic. The values shown are what Hubitat is giving me from the tstat device. So my guess is that the device driver is exposing those in that way.

Hi, that's what I'm saying. The list of values in the rule engine interface should come from the supportedThermostatModes attribute in the driver which contains the eco mode.

But, the rule engine is using its own list of values which doesn't contain the eco mode. It's an issue to report to the rule engine's developer.

Regards

Ah, i see your point now. I thought by rule developer you were referring to me, who is creating the rule. I understand that this might be an issue which Hubitat staff might need to look at. Thanks.

Anybody knows, if we can tag hubitat rule engine staff team to this post for their review of the issue?

When you get a moment, please have a look at [Bug Report 2.2.8.156] Rule Machine is not picking up all Thermostat modes - #21 by bravenel

It turns out that there is a a bit of a fix needed from both Hubitat and the Next Manager app to better support "eco" mode. The good news is that for now, there seems to be a possible workaround (still need to test that) and in an upcoming Hubitat update, hopefully there will also be a fix for Thermostat. But, at the same time a fix is also suggested for this app by Hubitat in that thread. Please comment directly on that thread if you have any comments/thoughts.

Hi @saurabh9, RM will soon support the attributes "supportedThermostatModes" and "supportedThermostatFanModes" which is the right way to leverage the information exposed by the driver.

As you may know, some Nest thermostats support the cool mode, others not. Some Nest thermostats support some fan modes; others don't support any fan modes as there is no fan wired to the HVAC.

The only way to correctly expose the right thermostat modes and related fan modes is through the "supported*" attributes, which were designed for that purpose.

My understanding is that there is nothing more to "fix" on my side of things.

Regards.

Any idea how to correct an "Illegal character in query at index 84:" error on the issue token url?
Edit - what in chrome as %20 converted to "spaces" which was tripping the error

2 Likes

Thnx. Works indeed but either the toDo list or the app should compensate for the spaces and paste in %20's.

Hi, this is a new google chrome issue, but it's now corrected with the new minor release.
MyNextManager's version 3.7.1 automatically converts all spaces to %20 in the URL string.
If needed, you can download it using the same sellfy download link.

Regards.