[Depecrated] My Next Manager for your Nest® Tstats (firmware below 2.3), Protects and Sensors: all Nest attributes available (home/away, motion detection, setTargetHumidity, setHotWaterBoost) for automation-and no throttling!

Great! If everything works, don't worry about it. The auth tokens will be renewed automatically when needed.

• EDIT* Just FYI, I made a small change in MyNextManager v3.5.1 that may help in fixing your issue.

That's what I've been trying to say, it works for awhile then stops. The auth tokens are not renewing unless I go back (next/done) through mynextmanager.

I'll try the 3.5.1, thanks!

• Shane

Hi, as indicated before, the code renews the auth tokens automatically. You may have encountered a specific issue.

1 Like

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors and all Nest users that new versions of MyNextManager (v3.5.1), MyNextTstat(v3.5.3), MyNextSensor(V3,0) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

You can download the Next devices at my store:

https://www.maisonsecomatiq.com/hubitatstore

• The new version of MyNextTstat (v3.5.3) avoid displaying the 401 error in the logs.

• All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for the device drivers and MyNextManager

• Prior to the code upload, you'd just need to save the tokens info and restore it after the copy & paste.

• Since V3 of MyNextDevices, the UI presentation adds the following commands for controlling your HVAC:

• setTargetHumidity: to control your humidity inside your home via your dehumidifier/humidifier connected to Nest
    • setHotWaterBoost: to set a boiler's hotWaterBoost timer in minutes (Europe)
    • Nest Home or Away: to set your Nest structure to Home or Away.
    • setThermostatFanSchedule: to create fan schedules at your tstat
    • setThermostatFanTimer: to set the fan timer in minutes
    • setDualFuelBreakpointTemp: if you have dualFuel/alt/emergency heating, you can set the breakpoint temperature for switching to dualFuel/alt/emergency heating
    • setDualFuelBreakpointMode: You can set the following mode for alt/emergency/dual heating: "DUALFUEL_BREAKPOINT_ALWAYS_ALT" or "DUALFUEL_BREAKPOINT_ALWAYS_PRIMARY". This command allows finer control of your dualFuel/alt/emergency heating.

MyNextTstat (p1)

MyNextTstat (p2)

MyNextAlarm For Protects

MyNextSensor with new capabilities (switch on/off to make it active/inactive)

On top of it, there are many complimentary smartapps designed for My NextTstat DTH and are located at my github.

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

MyNextManagerV3.5.1, MyNextTstatV3.5.3, MyNextAlarmV3 (For Protects), MyNextSensor V3 are available at my store:

P.S. As a reminder, MyNext devices are fully compatible with dashboards (ex. SharpTools) and rule engines (RM, WebCore, Sharptools).
Regards

2 Likes

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors and all Nest users that new version of MyNextManager (v3.6) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

• The new version of MyNextManager (v3.6) brings better cache handling for all structures & objects

• All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing smartapp under the IDE

• Prior to the code upload, you'd just need to save the tokens info and restore it after the copy & paste.

• Since V3 of MyNextDevices, the UI presentation adds the following commands for controlling your HVAC:

• setTargetHumidity: to control your humidity inside your home via your dehumidifier/humidifier connected to Nest
    • setDualFuelBreakpointTemp: if you have dualFuel/alt/emergency heating, you can set the breakpoint temperature for switching to dualFuel/alt/emergency heating
    • setDualFuelBreakpointMode: You can set the following mode for alt/emergency/dual heating: "DUALFUEL_BREAKPOINT_ALWAYS_ALT" or "DUALFUEL_BREAKPOINT_ALWAYS_PRIMARY". This command allows finer control of your dualFuel/alt/emergency heating.

MyNextTstat (p1)

MyNextTstat (p2)

MyNextAlarm For Protects

On top of it, there are many complimentary smartapps designed for My NextTstat DTH and are located at my github.

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

MyNextManagerV3.6, MyNextTstatV3.5.3, MyNextAlarmV3 (For Protects), MyNextSensor V3 are available at my store:

P.S. As a reminder, MyNext devices are fully compatible with dashboards (ex. SharpTools) and rule engines (RM, WebCore, Sharptools).
Regards

1 Like

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors and all Nest users that new version of MyNextManager (v3.7) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

• The new version of MyNextManager (v3.7) brings better polling performances for large Nest installation base.

• All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing smartapp under the IDE

MyNextTstat (p1)

MyNextTstat (p2)

MyNextAlarm For Protects

MyNextManagerV3.7, MyNextTstatV3.5.4, MyNextAlarmV3 (For Protects), MyNextSensor V3 are available at my store:

Regards

2 Likes

Hi,

Trying to set up the thermostat app. I was able to get it connected to my google account and it picks up my Nest temperature sensors but does not pick up my thermostat. Logs say it successfully connected to Google. Any ideas? Thermostat is 3rd Gen Nest Learning Thermostat.

Thanks!

Hi,

Please refer to my previous post. You'd need to reset your tstat with the WWN option at the unit:

I tried to do that... oddly, when I reset the WWN, it doesn't allow me to reconnect the thermostat back to my app - it errors out - I ended up doing a full factory reset also, to no avail.

Note - I have my nest attached to a Google account, purchased it in early 2020 through my utility, but the order was fulfilled through the Google store. By the time I had purchased, the only option was to connect it to my google account.

Hi, you have to reset with the WWN option at the unit, and then, configure it within the Nest app, so that it is recognized in the Nest structures.

And, it's supposed to work for both accounts (Nest and Google).

You may want to contact Nest support about this weird error.

Regards

I think I got it...

Had to take a couple of extra steps... first reconnect the wifi on the unit itself... removed the thermostat from the nest app, restarted the thermostat, and then re added the thermostat.

Where I was getting stuck was it was generating an Entry Key correctly but when I would enter it into the Nest app to re-associate it, it would error out that it could not connect.

Thanks for the help! Looking forward to using this app.

1 Like

Very straight forward and easy to follow directions. Very well written too. Thank you for such an easy process. These incredible drivers and app are making my migration off Vera and onto Hubitat so much more easier. Thank you again @yracine66.

1 Like

I went to Hubitat Store | maisonsecomatiq, but I am a bit confused on what product I need out of the multiple buy options. I have the Hubitat C7 hub, and have Nest thermostat. Most probably, all I need is to be able to create a rule in my Hubitat, that when few contact sensors are open, Nest thermostat can be turned to Away/Eco mode.

Can somebody please help me understand the difference between:

MyNext Bundle for Hubitat

My Next Devices for Hubitat

MyNext Tstat for Hubitat

Hi, it's indicated at my store, along with images.

MyNextTstat : driver and service manager for the Nest thermostat,

MyNextDevices: Drivers for the Nest Tstat, Sensor, and Protects and Service Manager

MyNextBundle: MyNextDevices + zoning smartapp called ScheduleTstatZones for many use case scenarios with the Nest tstat. See ScheduleTstatZones - Things That Are Smart Wiki for more details about the use cases supported.

For your specific use case, there is a smartapp called WindowDoorOpen at my github.

Refer to my 1st post of this thread for all use cases covered.

Regards

1 Like

Thank you! I just purchased the Tstat version and it might be just what I need. One question - I have installed the app to make Nest go to Eco, if contact sensor is open. Can I somehow use that even to trigger a notification to the Hubitat app?

Hi, your notification requirement is outside of the scope of my smartapps.

You can only get audio notifications within the WindowDoorOpen smartapp as notifications are not supported natively by the Hubitat platform (contrary to the SmartThings platform).

For more details, refer to this thread

Regards

What about push notifications to the Hubitat mobile app?

And, for push notifications to your phone, you can use the native notifications app and send them according to your event selection and other notification requirements.

This is not something that can be implemented within my smartapps.
Regards

So I installed the tstat app and drivers, and can see that my Nest thermostat appears successfully as a device, and is showing the correct numbers. But, I am not able to figure out how to use it in my automations. Like, if my rule needs to enable "eco", I am not getting the tsat to appear in my list of switches, or buttons etc... what do I need to select in the rule to be able to push the tsat device buttons?

Hi,

As you have chosen to code your own custom automation rules, and not use the ScheduleTstatZones smartapp, please check RM(Rule Machine), WebCore or Sharptools.

All those rule engines can call any methods on the driver (ex. eco(), away(), home(), setHeatingSetpoint(), setCoolingSetpoint, heat(), cool(), etc.) according to your own requirements and automation rules.

There are several threads in this forum about rule engines. I don't use those rule engines myself.

P.S. The list of capabilities and commands supported are listed here:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Tstat#Information

Regards.