[Updated] – Modes Plus - Control Your Modes with ease

I agree with @doug. would be nice to have multiple selections. I want to set away mode when all presence sensors not present. If one departed then just keep current mode.
I could use " Show Optional Switch & Presence Restrictions * " but that means I will have to create a couple of child app to cover all my presences.
Possible I am wrong on my approach as well.

@Navat604
Presence Central will ‘combine’ multiple presence sensors to one virtual sensor.
I have this same sort of setup already.
I have a virtual presence sensor called ‘Humans’ this is a combination of myself, my wife and a ‘guest’
That way, I can control other things (including mode) on this presence.
Sometimes, when we have family to stay, we might both leave but don’t want some of the automations to stop.
For example, when we are away, we turn off all the tts messages (like ‘there is someone at the front door’) - we leave these on when we have guests, even if we both leave.

PC has lots of uses like this.
I combine: an ST presence sensor on HE, ST phone presence & Life360 to a single ‘Andy’ virtual presence sensor - this has been working very reliably since I had my HE hubs.

One thing to note is that the virtual presence sensor is also a switch so can be used to enable/disable many apps etc. (Including, obviously Modes Plus)

Andy

1 Like

@BorrisTheCat
Steven, the first bit is easy with Presence Central, as in my previous post to @Navat604 you can (and I do) combine multiple presence sensors into one virtual one.

Modes Plus can be restricted to only change mode when a switch is on (or the virtual presence sensor I use which is also a switch) then be restricted by time so the second part should be achievable too.

Sorry, it can’t turn your speakers on/off :slight_smile:
(Unless they are controlled by a mode :wink:)

Andy

yep just done this so that will remove one of the pistons then i may just move the decider one over to HE then its less pistons and should be faster :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s an interesting idea. I’ll be checking out PC.

1 Like

Guys
Modes Plus has now been added to 'Cobra Apps'

Andy

Can this be used to set the Mode based on motion being detected such as in ST Routines? ie: motion detected in the morning and changes the Mode from Night to Day.

It doesn’t right now.
I’ll add it to the feature list
I’m releasing a new version soon so will look at adding this before release

Andy

2 Likes

That would be excellent!

Guys
There are new versions of both the parent and child of Modes Plus.

Parent: 1.1.2
Child: 1.7.1

This release should (hopefully) fix the issues with the new UI.
No new 'features' as yet

Please update both the parent and the child.

One thing to note:
If you already have child apps installed/configured then you MUST go into each child app, check the configuration and re-save it.

Andy

How did you setup the holiday switch part?

quite a few of the child devices and a virtual switch, force it down direction if the switch is on and down another when it off.

Hey guys, I’m a bit new with habitat. Modes plus looks like a useful utility but can someone tell me where to get the code and how to install it?

Link to his Github is in the first post.

Installation for Cobra apps is a little different than the rest of the apps you will find here. He uses a container to group all of his apps. Best if you check out his website and click the 'Installation Help' button.

His website can be found here: http://hubitat.uk

Welcome to Hubitat!

2 Likes

This is a nice clean app thank you

one question - If my virtual presence sensor is already home and I'm in Home Day Mode.

Then it becomes evening so Home Evening Mode SHOULD be triggered. will this trigger it if i have it set to:
Switch on: presence sensor (virtual)
after sunset (between 530pm and 5am)
set mode to Home Evening?

Or does the switch actually have to change to on?

If it won't work how do folks handle this use case i.e if you're home and it becomes evening.

thank you

EDIT: looks like presence central does this quite well. I'm a bit confused what modes plus is used for then

I think the "trigger" you choose is the starting point, so if you choose a presence sensor as the trigger, the mode will not change again if the presence sensor isn't changed. So I think you should make two child apps:

1. Trigger on presence;
  2. Trigger on sunset (with time as a restriction) or on time (with sunset as a restriction).
2 Likes

@Cobra, many thanks to all the great work. I'm currently still figuring out what the best apps and drivers are for all my (current) needs. But I get excited every time I try something new on HE :slight_smile:

I have one question about a mode change on arrival though. I have a mode change on sunset (60 minutes before). If I arrive from away it should change to mode A or (60 minutes before sunset) to mode B. So I think I should make 2 child apps:

1. To set mode A with the restrictions the time is before 60 minutes before sunset?
  2. To set mode B with the restriction the time is after 60 minutes before sunset?

But the restriction settings for sunset / sunrise is a little cryptic in how it will act if chosen, would you be so kind to explain how I can apply this to my needs? Thanks in advance.

Correct!

If a sunset restriction is configured then the app can only react to the trigger if sunset has already occurred

For example, if you configure a restriction for sunset and the trigger is presence arrival.
When you come home.. if it is before sunset then the app won't do anything.
If after sunset, then the app will change to whatever mode you have configured.

Hope that explains things better

Andy

1 Like

Hi All,

I have installed Modes Plus on my new hub and configured 3 modes so far

Sunrise - Switch Mode to Day
Sunsite - 30 mins - Switch Mode to Evening
Night - 23:00- Switch Mode to Night

I think everything is configured correct and straight forward but for some reason the Sunset/Sunsrise do not fire at all.

My Settings

And the scheduled jobs it created

What i tried so far:

• re configure
  • restart the hub
  • pause and restart the apps

Nothing makes them work. So I am at a loss on what i am doing wrong here. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated

DISCLAIMER: I only had the hub for about 2 weeks now so i am still learning and discovering things so it is possible i did something wrong. But for 3 days now the Day and Evening did not get set but Night always gets set @ 23:00

I think I've found a bug in the sunset/sunrise routine.
I have updated the website with a new version of the 'child' code (V2.4.1)

Please update and try this.
Please let me know how you get on.

Andy