[Deprecated] MLB Game Day Live - Follow your favorite teams Game Day Live

Introducing 'MLB Game Day Live'
Follow your favorite MLB teams Game Day Live, put a Scoreboard right on your Dashboard!

Do yourself a favor and check out [RELEASE] GameTime - Pro & College Sports Schedules Integration! Awesome app. :smiley:

Features:

• Retrieve a schedule of your selected team for the next 10 days. Place it on your dashboard!
  • Checks daily to see if it's a game day for your team
  • Get a notification 15 minutes prior to game time
  • Track the game live, updates every 10 seconds!
  • See the live scoreboard right on your dashboard!
  • Notifications on runs scored include speech, push and flashing lights
  • Speech requires 'Follow Me'
  • Flashing lights requires 'The Flasher'
  • Parent/Child App structure
  • Create as many child apps as needed

Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using the Hubitat Package Manager.
(HPM is highly recommended)

When reporting problems...

• Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
  • Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
  • Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.

Thanks

Sample Dashboard...

dang, i was gonna support this but then i see you're a boston fan...i hope you guys lose #Yankees :smiley:

1 Like

I installed thru Hubitat Package Manager and am on Ver 1.0.0 so I assume that is the latest since I just installed from HPM. I get this error when I click on "Add a new 'MLB Game Day Live" child:

This is everything in logs from installation with HPM to trying to add a child device and getting the error:

App 3 is HPM. App 161 is the MLB parent app and Apps 162 & 163 are the child apps trying to be created.

Yup, just fixed that a little bit ago. Look for a new version soon with a big new feature... :wink:

New version on GitHub...

Update the Child and Driver

07/23/20 - Restructured liveScoreboard tile, added lastPlay tile, other adjustments

That did it! Thank you.

1 Like

New version on Github...

Child:
1.0.2 - 07/23/20 - Fixed typo with inning 6 on scoreboard

New version on GitHub...

Child:
1.0.3 - 07/24/20 - Added code for Rain Delays, other adjustments

Anything else needed?

So I'm a total NOOB. I see how it uses Flasher for lights for the criteria set. How would I set it up to keep a device (light) on until, say 11:59 pm?

Awesome app BTW!

Are you sure you posted on the right app? This doesn't keep lights on or off. It simply notifies if one team or other scores. Notifications include speech, push and/or flashing lights.

Thanks

Sorry for not being clear. What I'm looking at is if my team (go Angels) win, instead of flashing lights, it just turns on a light/ switch.

Now that's different! lol

I'll add it to the list

I have a plan for it. Lol

New version on GitHub...

Child:
1.0.4 - 07/29/20 - Added light notification when score/final, fixed myTeam/otherTeam, other adjustments

Holy cow! That was quick..You're awesome!

1 Like

I know this is out left field (pun intended), think you would be interested making something like this for stock prices? I would love an app that let you enter custom ticker symbols and produces a dash tile of current price; in green if up, and red if down (from last tick).

Not sure if you take request, but if you do....

I would need an api to get the data from. If you know of any, I would give it a shot. I'll add it to my list and see if I can find something.

1 Like

This is all kinda Greek to me, but I'm a decent googler. How about...

https://www.alphavantage.co/

Started a new topic for stocks...

1 Like