[Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)

No current plans to, unless HPM comes out of beta. I’d like to see Hubitat implement something from their side, in all honesty.

2 Likes

In case its helpful, we recently added some of the newer models to flux_led which might be helpful here:

gh/Danielhiversen/flux_led/blob/master/flux_led/models_db.py#L129
gh/Danielhiversen/flux_led/blob/master/flux_led/protocol.py#L682

1 Like

I saw that. Thanks for saving me a PR for the front end integration in HASS too. Still having some issues with a few devices in HASS. Feel free to grab any of my code to make it work, and ask away if you have any questions.

I made a post regarding these drivers to see if anyone knows how to solve this issue. The RBGW Controller driver works great except I cannot get the white levels to work when creating scenes. I can create scenes with the RGB values just fine, and I can adjust the white levels to my liking in the device commands.

Update: I am also having a hard time controlling the lights in Webcore (trying to use Webcore as a workaround so that when a scene is active, it sets the light strips accordingly). I think the custom setWhiteLevel() command is not working as intended. It changes my RGB lights to white and not my warm white lights. I thought that was weird since the same command works fine in the Devices tab.

I'm a little confused by all the options out there so I have to ask @adamkempenich is this a good app to control bluetooth mesh RGB+CCT lights that are accessible via a MagicLight Smart Hub?

Edit to answer my standing question: no, the nice code here does not handle MagicHome devices that operate through a LAN<>Bluetooth hub.

First, I apologize for being the confused guy in the thread - I'm here because I have a three kinds of devices I'm experimenting with controlling

1. Maxxima Luvoni wifi lights (RGBCCT)
  2. Vanthylit RGB outdoor LED string.
  3. Some bluetooth bulbs from https://www.magiclightbulbs.com/collections

As far as I can tell both the Maxxima and Vanthylit supposedly speak the same Smart Life protocols that MagicLight does, however, that's kinda my first question: does the fact that these work in the same general apps mean they should work with the driver here? My devices are open on port 6668 instead of 5577 (I snooped from my AP via Wireshark) and I'm generally curious about all the chatter here saying, "default port should be 5577... but what are we supposed to do if it's not?" (perhaps the answer is "packet sniff and figured it out!" which is fine with me, I'm just being explicit).

For my Bluetooth devices, perhaps if I just swapped for the WiFi version that will for sure work with the controller here?

Thanks all!

Hi I added the MagicHome device driver and changed the device IP in Device Preferences to the device IP . I'm not sure how to add network name or were to add it.
The device shows Current Status
Level 100
Switch off
can't seem to get it working.

You should only need the IP. Enable debug logging, then click initialize on the device page. Post a screenshot of what your logs show.

This is an RGB or RGBW controller? Did you hit Save Preferences after changing the IP?

its a singe color LED controller. Yes hit save.

Which driver are you using?

Try deleting the driver code and re-importing it.

I had to delete the device to delete the device code. I reinstalled both.. N/G

Reinstall the code again. Hit initialize. Updated it.

The bluetooth models use a different protocol. Workign on it...

1 Like

This is the controller I have. Sumaote Single Color LED Strip Lights WiFi Controller

1 Like

I tried again. Does not seem to work for me. Is this driver supposed to show in Package Manager?

Did you hit initialize since you reimported the code today?

Mind sending an error log if that doesn’t clear it up?

1 Like