[Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)

I haven’t implemented any color names. To be honest, I thought this was done on a system level.

I’ll add it in :slight_smile: for the meantime, a Hue/Sat of 0/100 will get you the color red.

Anyone having any issues on 0.89? It’s quiet here, which is usually a good sign. My home hub has been fine—no 500 errors, but my office hub had one, although I have my suspicions it wasn’t related to this driver. I disabled the that I suspected and haven’t had any issues since.

I have not had any issues, but then I didn't have any with the previous version. The clean logging is very much appreciated. Thanks Adam!

1 Like

No issues (RGB). I did have a hub lockup last night, but a week after installing your latest, so no reason to think that the lockup was due to this.

1 Like

No issues here. Awesome Driver.

1 Like

Thanks! Let me know if you notice anything. I’ll be working on 0.90 in the coming weeks.

I am getting this unfortunate log entry.
dev:992019-10-29 09:41:23.714 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: Exception evaluating property 'red' for java.util.ArrayList, Reason: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: red for class: java.lang.Integer on line 231 (setColor)

dev:992019-10-29 09:41:17.112 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: Exception evaluating property 'red' for java.util.ArrayList, Reason: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: red for class: java.lang.Integer on line 231 (setColor)

dev:992019-10-29 09:41:16.105 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: Exception evaluating property 'red' for java.util.ArrayList, Reason: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: red for class: java.lang.Integer on line 231 (setColor)

I'm using the RGBW controller. I have three running currently, only the one is generating the error though. The color is set to purple, not red. So I have no idea where red comes in here.

You’re using Rule Machine colors?

Edit:

Presumably, pushing a purple HSL parameter like 75, 100, 100 will probably set purple properly?

Changed to custom 75,100,50. Same error message.

1 Like

Weird! I’ll take a look

Hi Adam. Did the RGBW driver change its behaviour regarding switching lamps on by setting Hue/Level? I have routines that used to switch the lights on by setting these parameters. But now I'm having to add a switch command to first turn the lamps on prior to setting the hue and level. Which also means the lamps turn on at their previous state and then change to the required hue/level. Or maybe I'm going mad?

You’re not going mad :slight_smile:

I had Enable Color Prestaging backwards in previous releases. Disabling that switch in your device preferences will revert the behavior.

So, if anything, I was the one going mad :laughing:

Nope. Tried that already. Pre-staging is off and it still requires a switch on to get the lamp to start up. And switching pre-staging on doesn't change anything (at least with my lamps) :cry:

I'd prefer the previous behaviour if possible.

Wondering if it's something going on with groups. I have 4 lamps in a group and they really are acting strange now...

Hmm. My RGBW still changes with HSL. Not sure if a group behavior would alter that, as the only group MagicHome devices I have are RGBWW. I’ll take a look once I get home from work :slight_smile:

I'm just using RM, not HSL. Not sure if that will make a difference.

With pre-staging on or off, and the lamp off, I'm seeing the device parameters change when I enter a value and click in the device page (for example for Hue or Level) . But when I switch the lamp on, it always turns on at the previous state. I then have to click on Hue or Level to get those values applied. So pre-staging is not working, at least for me.

And with pre-staging either on or off, it is not possible to turn the lamp on using Hue/Level alone. I have to use the on switch to start the lamp. That would be ok as long as the pre-staging was working ok.

Hope it makes sense.

Anyway, no worries. Its very late here now so going to sleep, and lighting is not required lol

1 Like

@dt1, @michael.l.nelson
The red issue has been solved. I murked up part of the setColor() method in two of the drivers. Using the github import update function will work to fix this

1 Like

@Angus_M

I've fixed that issue with RGBW bulbs. Using the import button in your driver code to pull from github will update it for you.

Great, thanks. Will try it and let you know.

1 Like

My logs no longer have red in them, thanks!

1 Like