[Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)

Thank you, has been like 30 minutes without any issues or logs, I think I had to remove the devices from long time ago, probably that was my reports of slowing, I replaced the driver but I never deleted the devices.

Lets wait until morning to get wife's report :joy:

1 Like

If we don’t hear back by tomorrow we all know what happened... :joy:

Lol, everything is good, :joy:

Thank you

1 Like

A quick note — I’ve merged the Bulb/Controller dimmable drivers, since they were the exact same. Less code for me to maintain. You’ll have to copy in the new code or URL to update from 0.87

@adamkempenich - like an idiot i was running Telnet on 2.1. Just changed it today. My hub has been ROUGH lately, a lockup almost daily. How likely was this to be the culprit? (I'm hoping its the reason!)

It shouldn't --- it should actually be smoother on Telnet (theoretically) because there are fewer I/Os to the database.

Does disabling the MH devices fix the lockups?

It may be worth removing and re-adding your MagicHome devices, not that it should change anything, but maybe it would fix some corruption?

Do you have any custom apps running? Feel free to send me a message about that.

That being said, both of my Hubs have been smoothly sailing since last week when I updated. Telnet and Socket performance have been pretty equal.

Thanks Adam. The most interesting updates I’ve made on the hub lately is updating the MH drivers and Combined Presence app. I’ll have to experiment with disabling MH and see if that’s helping things. Be back...

1 Like

This WAS the case for me. Hub locking up daily, having to pull power to the hub to get it back. I disabled the MH and smooth for days.

1 Like

That’s on telnet and socket? What hub software version?

Last setting was Telnet ON. Always on the latest HE software. Went through a few updates hoping the problem would go away. Since I disabled the device HE is solid.

1 Like

Any chance it was corrected with switching to socket, and then saving the device settings? Or by reinstalling the MH devices?

@adamkempenich probably incidental, but since ive switched my devices to Socket theres been no crashes.

1 Like

Let’s hope it’s permanently incidental :joy:

1 Like

Updated from 87 to 88 and set to sock @0600, fingers crossed.

1 Like

Ohhh yeah. Some good fixes in 0.88 that should fix your slowdown. I changed some of the logic pretty substantially.

Would that be the reason for this crap ? My Magic Home LED WiFi controller isn’t even plugged in and nothing triggered this to happen.

I have three MH Wi-Fi controllers running great on latest HE and .88 using socket. Only if I switch to telnet do I get hub slow downs and logs full of errors. All good here, wasn't always, but working great now.

If you’re on 87, yes.

That’s one of the reasons it’s getting removed in the next version. :slight_smile:

On 88. :frowning:

1 Like

If the driver can't find the device it's going to throw errors. Do you get the same errors when the controller is plugged in?