[Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)

Experienced my first slowdown after this driver update overnight. I might have an idea of what happened, fix impending...

Not sure what you did, if you are using a different version but 0.86 still working good here. I will keep it until I see a slowdown if I see it.

Thanks Adam

1 Like

There is something in either the socket implementation, or my scheduling implementation, that will create a recursive issue that I’m solving.
I’m glad you’re not seeing any issue with it! Let me know if that changes :slight_smile:

Adam- what are the characteristics of the slowdown you've seen with this driver? (I have 0.86 and some rules for other devices are responding wonky. Might they be related? )

I have some wonky rules too, but 0.86 is not installed in this hub. I have a multi hub setup.

I had to delete and re create a motion lighting app rule to make it work.

One rule with humidity turned off the extractor when the motion rule was activated on the same sensor, an Iris v3.

The only characteristic is that everything slows down a significant amount. Events still fire, albeit delayed a lot. I can usually still access the backend, but it takes a lot longer. Aside from that, schedules, etc, still work.

Rebooting always cures it. I’ve got benchmarks of page loads in the backend that I use to determine how much load is on the hub.

Edit: I’ll throw in that I’ve got 40-80 rules on my home hub. Some advanced, some not. The only issue I’ve found was a recursion but when it versions before 0.86 came in touch with the switch bindings app. What issues are you facing? Perhaps we can trade notes and help each other out :blush:

0.87 has a reworked scheduler and some improvements to the actual device interface (lets you choose between telnet and socket). I’ll probably sit on it for a few days to do some further debugging.

All the github links in OP go to 404.
Anyone know how the preset numbers work? i put in numbers, as without the number entry only some of the presets work, but the numbers disappear after saving . The number entry appears to affect the speeed, entering 99 sets speed to "1" which appears to be the fastest speed.
This is the Magic Home Wifi Controller RGB 0.86 driver with the controller pictured above by @veeceeoh

1 Like

That’s a nice feature, that importing.
Nice one @chuck.schwer & @adamkempenich

1 Like

I got a 3rd module yesterday, I will configure it today in HE. Do you know if the slowness is related to a specific driver/module? I'm still good with no slowness with 0.86 and 2 rgbw controllers(12-24v with ir), the 3rd controller it's the same model.

Thanks

I think [quote="Rxich, post:274, topic:5197"]
All the github links in OP go to 404.
[/quote]

That’s odd... I just tested a few them logged out and was able to load them. I’ll check into that more later. Here’s a link to their parent directory if they continue to not work.

Thanks for catching that bug in presets. It should be storing 0-100 for speed (or 99). I actually just changed how they were handled in the last version, and will get that fixed in 0.87.

Infinite thanks to Chuck for pointing that hint out in another thread :slight_smile:

No specifics. I think it’s moreso just a general error I have in the scheduling or socket routines. If you haven’t seen any slowness yet, I’d imagine you’ll be ok with one more.

2 Likes

Hey Adam weird issues lost control of led single color dimmer . From HE dashboard no issues . But pico remote lost functional use to control it. Lost group control also.

Scott

1 Like

If you press initialize in the device, does it begin to work again?

I'm testing my "wonkiness" and am suspecting it might be the unfortunate coincidence of a couple of unrelated devices going low-battery at the same time. Possibly/probably not 0.86. Willl advise.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile: Keep me in the loop.

Hey Adam

Nope weird CW Bulb controller shows up as dimmer not as bulb. I have lost Dimming via pico remotes no matter which way i assign them in HE on CW Bulb or Dimmable controller and regular RGB.

Scott

1 Like

Hey Adam

Also slow when i got home ,

Scott

1 Like

Thanks, Scott!

Do you have any rules or automations tied to your devices? It's helpful for debugging :slight_smile:

Hey Adam

Just simple lighting rules on and off ,present and then button controllers for dim up and down. 

Scott

1 Like

Did this end up being part of your implementation or part of the websockets implementation? Are you still getting slowdowns while using an active websocket client?

The short answer is ... I’m not sure :slight_smile:

The other short answer is that the new version offers telnet OR socket. I’m working with staff to debug what the actual issue is. Telnet doesn’t slow down, but the routine flow is a little different between the two.