[Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)

Sorry but silly question. External DB? What are you talking about.

I have your 0.89 driver installed controlling three of the RGB controllers in post # 543. I’ve been using it for about a month now. Two are installed and one I my test strip.

I did learn the hard way that decreasing the refresh to 1 second does allow you to control light patterns like the MagicHome app but doesn’t do good things to the overall responsiveness of the hub :wink: I keep it set at 60 and I think I could disable this feature in my case because I only control them through your driver.

Anyway I have been following your thread since the original install and I don’t remember you mentioning external DB before.

Btw your live stream was awesome.

OK, my turn...
What's a live stream and how do I watch it??

2 Likes

Lol. Glad I’m not the only one :wink:

See this thread.

2 Likes

Just got a Magic Home-compatible controller and got confused by the Presets. I mistakenly assumed that it's was the DIY boxes on bottom of screen. is there a way to select those in your app. I am just interested in single colors, not pulsing or strobing thru multiple colors. I'm boring. It's white 6500 light for TV bias lighting when TV is on and blue when the nearest Alexa is talking or playing music so far. I use the Hubitat Nodes in Node Red and it takes 3 Command Nodes to set color with HSL because Maker API won't accept the HSL format in brackets. That's fine but being able to use one node is preferred.

Can you pass a custom command through?

I can add a setRGB command for you.

I wouldn't worry about it. Here is my problem:

from this thread.

Since I am using Node Red and it relies on Maker API, I cannot use setColor. I would assume that would rule out RGB too. The Hubitat Command Node can only pass the commands that the driver supports. It's not a big deal. I just have to do this to set a color using 3 consecutive nodes; one each for Hue, Saturation, and Level. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in the driver that would allow be to use those DIY colors.

Thank you thank you for this driver. I have had an LED strip behind my TV for bias lighting for over a year that has a cheap IR remote so I never did anything with it other than keep it white. With a $12 controller and your driver, I can start having some fun with it. It probably won't be good for the WAF though.

1 Like

Hello,
I tried your driver to control a RGB led strip and it works great, thanks!
I have 2 noob questions:

1- What's the purpose of the number field below the preset options?
2- Is it possible to apply one of those presets in a rule in Hubitat? For example, I want the led strip to strobe after a movement is detected during the night. I can turn it on and off but I didn't find a way to do this

1 Like

The first preset option selects the preset number (1-23). The second is the speed of the preset.

For rule machine—create a custom command to call whichever preset you’d like to fire. Then, select it as an action for your rule :slight_smile:

1 Like

@adamkempenich seeing these issues in the logs after 2.20 update.

dev:44632020-04-21 09:06:59.150 pmerrorjava.lang.RuntimeException: CronExpression '0/60 * * * * ? *' is invalid. on line 460 (initialize)

dev:44632020-04-21 09:06:59.120 pmerrorjava.lang.RuntimeException: CronExpression '0/60 * * * * ? *' is invalid. on line 460 (initialize)

dev:44632020-04-21 09:06:58.405 pmerrorjava.lang.RuntimeException: CronExpression '0/60 * * * * ? *' is invalid. on line 460 (initialize)

dev:44632020-04-21 09:06:24.879 pmerrorjava.lang.RuntimeException: CronExpression '0/60 * * * * ? *' is invalid. on line 460 (updated)

dev:44632020-04-21 09:06:03.511 pmerrorjava.lang.RuntimeException: CronExpression '0/60 * * * * ? *' is invalid. on line 460 (initialize)

2 Likes

Yeah. You’ll have to change your refresh settings to 1-59 seconds. The old scheduler was a little more forgiving with that.

5 Likes

Hello hello there, with the new version 2.2.0 the kitchen lights stopped working, I'm ok, but I will not be ok so much longer if my wife gets mad, so please, could you verify? Thank you.

Edit: Doh, I just read the fix, lol, thank you

1 Like

Hello all! I am new to Hubitat and have this kit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076GFNYLF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The driver seems to work but none of the presets for stobe, fade, etc work.
Is there a tutorial on how to use the driver? Should it work by simply clicking the preset?

You'll need to enter a number (1-99) under the button on the device page. That sets the speed of the effect. Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Got it. I was just beginning to figure it out. I did notice that if I enter "95" in the field it works and actually translated to a speed of "5". I ran through the code quickly and found that if I use the number "95" as a default, the button works or at least visually indicates that the function intended takes place without having to enter a number.

I have a feeling I am going to be doing a lot of tinkering with this stuff!

2 Likes

Careful reducing the number too low. With three devices using the driver I found it had an impact on my overall hub performance.

1 Like

I'm glad you posted this. I'd only tried numbers like 1 - 10 and it seemed they didn't work. Now I know 99 = speed 1 and incrementing down: 98, 97, 96 gives a speed increase: 2, 3, 4 all the way to 90 for a speed of 10. Those speeds work great. The delay of 1-10 (90-99) was so long I thought it was broke.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Exactly what I thought until I looked at the code.

1 Like

Maybe @adamkempenich can add a note that says 99=Speed 1 / 1=Speed 99 somewhere on the driver page? Or change the driver to make 1=1 and 99=99. I've not used these in the year plus I've been using these lights so I can't say this quirk is a deal breaker.

Huh. I thought I’d already been doing that. I’ll see what’s up.

I have a Smart Switch that's using the 'MagicHome Wifi -- Controller (Smart Plug)' driver that also stopped working after the upgrade.
I couldn't find a way to change the Refresh Settings so I went into the source for the driver and changed every instance of 60 to 59. This is known as the 'Shotgun approach". :wink:
I'm sure this is non-optimal but it did the trick and is now working.

1 Like