[Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)

When you upgraded to 0.88, did you switch to sockets?

Which driver are you using? I can run some tests on my dev hub. :slight_smile:

Edit: just want to say that I agree—hub reboot shouldn’t be necessary, but I’d rather have automations that work, and a happy wife, while rebooting once a day, other than the other option :rofl:

I had been using sockets already.
I was running Magic Home Wifi Controller - RGBW

MagicHome Wifi - Controller (RGB + W) 0.88

And agreed 110% on the happy wife issue. I left the kitchen lights and the automations that start when someone comes home on our Alarm system's z-wave controller. That stuff worked perfectly, mostly because it was real simple stuff. Hubitat is where I "play" and have all the man cave automations running so I don't interfere with "hers."

1 Like

@bjcowles I hear ya. And I had no reason to think anything with @adamkempenich 's driver was causing my headaches. I only wanted to share what the Hubitat Support folks had to say. They could certainly be wrong.

2 Likes

I hope you don't think I was being accusatory or doubting what you posted. I was just trying to give Adam some data- the driver I'm using doesn't seem to have any problems. :smiley:

1 Like

Not at all! Glad you did. Probably not as glad as @adamkempenich, though.

Its probably some odd interaction with my Google Home, since I know I've had problems with the Android app losing connection to the cloud servers for MagicHome, and MH has been way less than helpful in figuring that out.

1 Like

Could using the RGB vs the RBG+W driver be the issue?

I ordered some RGB controllers to test with a blacklight LED strip. And RGB+W for the LEDs under my daughter's bed. I think I've got an RGB+W controller (since thats the driver I picked), but maybe I hooked up the RGB. I can't be sure, and can't check right now.

I could have put the wrong controller under the bed without realizing it. Could that be it?

It shouldn’t be. The socket implementation is just copied/pasted between the drivers for the most part. I usually start my batch changes in the RGB or RGBWW drivers, so it’s possible I mixed up something during some of the code transfers.

@ckronengold What is your setting for Reconnect Pings set to in your RGBW device settings page? The error looks like it comes into play because that may not be saved properly. I'd set it to 3 and hit save --- even if there is already a value in that field.

I think it is 3, but I'd have to check when I get home.

1 Like

Github definitely shows when I got married :laughing:

4 Likes

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll do my best to get 0.89 with a fix today. A foot of snow in North Dakota wasn’t part of my original schedule, but I think I can still find time :joy:

1 Like

That doesn't look like much fun. No pressure from my end!

Yikes, that looks nasty. I hate cold weather.
My weekend location... :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Took my gazebo top off today for fear of this. I got burned last year by a light wet snow while I was in AZ for business.

1 Like

I had problems with MagicHome drivers and hub slowdowns, but I discovered it was something when I updated the driver from an older version, I deleted everything of MagicHome drivers and devices, installed 0.88 code, configured devices, not a single problem then. I'm using socket.

0.89 is in testing, too :slight_smile: I think there was an occasional issue where socket connections would compound and just keep opening. I've worked around it here, I think.

1 Like

RGB controller users... feel free to hit that update button!

Other drivers will be updated by Friday.

4 Likes

0.89 is out across the board! Features aren't implemented totally across this release—I wanted to get the socket fixes out there more than anything.

1 Like

Seeing 2019-10-22 08:34:22.412 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: Exception evaluating property 'red' for java.util.ArrayList, Reason: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: red for class: java.lang.Integer on line 231 (setColor) on a RGBW