[Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)

Hello @adamkempenich. Thank you so much for all your work on this driver, fantastic.
I just picked up some RGBW floods that work with smartlife app. I can't seem to get them to work with any of your existing drivers. Some network scanning indicated the mfg as Espressif(i'm GUESSING esp8266) but all ports are not open with the exception of 6668(labelled IRCU). I tried changing the port to 6668 in the driver(s), but no luck. They are very bright and have excellent colors, but if I am forced to use smartlife app, it's a hard pass.

Here's the item, and it's totally sealed so I can't flash it

Unfortunately, SmartLife is a different LED brand than the MagicHome apps use. Currently, there's no easy way to add SmartLife devices to Hubitat. It's a project I've got interest in, but I don't have the bandwidth to take on right now.

If you'd like --- I might be able to find some flood lights that work with MagicHome. Otherwise, IFTTT may be an option.

I've been sticking to devices listed above. The brand of the controller I've been using is Magic Hue. Is that the only brand that works with the MagicHome app? If not what should I be looking for to make sure the bulbs will work with your driver?

Anything Wifi device that uses an app that looks like this:

Or this:

Will work :slight_smile: I’m still working on the serial controller—I’ll have that one done early October since I plan to use it for Halloween.

Thanks for the link though, I wonder if TuyaConvert still works if I never connect these to the app.
They probably have the firmware that blocks the reflashing AP.
I have three dumb IR spots atm so I can't really justify the expense this holiday season..

I've found a way to get some Tuya/SmartLife devices to work locally---I don't have any bulbs to test out, but I've made some progress with switches. Maybe there is hope, there...

2 Likes

Yea I'd settle for chopping Tuya off at the knees I mean firewall.

1 Like

Got any extra bulbs you'd be willing to lend out for a few months? :laughing:

I flashed my two to Tasmota already.

And that Flux bulb keeps loosing it's WiFi assignment like you were talking about. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
A shame because it's nice and bright.
I keep coming home and it's purply white.
I love Magic Home...

1 Like

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Seems like something on that one's ESP8266 chip must be messed up.

I just bought a bunch of D1 minis, so I'll be an expert soon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Not really.

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing more about this. I have several and would love to get rid of slow old IFTTT from the equation.

1 Like

Are you trying to get a switch to work locally? If so, send me a message and I can help you out :slight_smile:

This driver works great for all my magichome controllers without resorting to flashing tasmota - however I'm getting an error in logs:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_MagicHome_MagicHome_Wifi___Controller__RGB__353.setColor() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Integer, null) values: [98, 62, null]
Possible solutions: setColor(java.lang.Object), iterator() (setColor)

Not quite sure what it means, I am using a RM rule to set a random color every time the LED strip turns on.

It looks like you haven't set the level of the bulb/strip in the rule.

This is the what I'd say, too. I had null-checking built into the driver a while back, but removed it during debugging when all of the slowdown was occurring. I will see to adding it back in.

Yes! Well, wall sockets to be precise that are connected to SmartLife. Is there a way to drive them from Hubitat?

I'll message you :slight_smile: If anyone else is reading this and is curious, feel free to reach out.

If you flash the Smart Life/Tuya device with Tasmota you can use my driver to make it work

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this—my method doesn’t work with any bulbs—not sure if it ever will, so people looking to integrate those should definitely look into flashing their SmartLife devices.

1 Like