[Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)

You guys were supposed to give me something to frantically work on between trips when I get home :joy:

I’m glad it’s working well. I haven’t been home to monitor anything or test the Socket transmission status now that 2.1 is public. I’ll find time for that in the next couple weeks though.

3 Likes

Not getting polling on socket . Turn on lights Dashboard does not change state. how about that.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Also no dimming available driver needs steps for dimming ie dim by 5 10 or 20 also -5 -10 and -20

:grin:

Care to elaborate? Any other drivers that do this? It'd be easy to implement.

Hey Adam

I'm running single color bulb single color controller and rgb controller no polling or dimming on any of them , didn't know until my family told me , lol

Scott

1 Like

Really? That’s interesting. RGB and single channel devices were working fine on this end when I tested.

Do they work in Telnet, but not Socket? I know you have a different single-channel device from what I have, so I may purchase one of those to fax out the differences.

Hey Adam

I will see if they still work on teienet later

neither a=socket or telenet dimmer is working.

1 Like

@adamkempenich

Just wanted to say thank you for this driver! It lets me use inexpensive outdoor RGBW LED strips in my automations.

With @bptworld's Lighting Effects, it will be simple to cycle red, while and blue on my front porch for the 4th. Or purple and gold for LSU games!

If I could make one suggestion for an improvement, it would be to suggest that hue be supported as a 0-360 degree wheel.

1 Like

I have an LEDENET RGB WW +CW controller that uses magichome firmware but I cant connect do you think it is not supported? I have tried WW+CW and just W drivers. The error is [error])java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'state' on null object on line 543 (installed)

Thanks

Problem seems to be solved. For whatever reason my hubitat was opening in Edge and seemed to work fine with the exception of this. When I tried to delete the driver I got no response so I tried it in chrome. Driver deleted and reinstalled using chrome and bingo works fine.

1 Like

New HE user here - I picked up a Ledenet RGB WW+CW controller to use with this as an indicator light. I've got some RGB strip connected to it, and it works fine from the MagicHome app.

I installed the 0.87 driver (fully updated HE as well, so 2.1.0.123). The strip works, sort of. Clicking any of the preset buttons in the device settings turns the light on, but with the previous preset. I have to click the preset button twice to get the correct color. If the strip is already on, they change colors/presets correctly.

Likewise, I tried settings up rules in RM to have motion sensors or door sensors trigger certain colors. It usually doesn't come up the correct color, and it doesn't always turn off when the time is up.

I did check the logs on the device, and it LOOKS like it's sending the correct things (ie if I press a preset button, I see a currentPreset command and then a switch On command) but it's like it misses the preset command. Does the controller "go to sleep" or something?

1 Like

Sure! This feature is actually built into the driver; I just have to add a setting for it. I think I actually have a private version with thay somewhere. Is there a stock Hubitat driver that supports this that I can compare language with?

Can you send me a link to your model? This may be an issue with how I’m sending telnet events ... I’d bet that socket works (but don’t use it yet). Maybe I missed a pause somewhere. Most of my RGB+CCT models work fine with telnet, but I have one on a newer firmware that I haven’t tested that might behave differently. Which version firmware is yours?

1 Like

I have this one, as listed in your first post:

I did try both the telnet and socket options; neither seemed to have any change in how it performed.

I'm not sure on the firmware on the RGB controller - for some reason the app is refusing to connect locally to the light. The app works to control it over the internet, but even when I have the phone on the same wifi network it won't local connect. I'll mess with it more tonight. Might even full reset the controller and see if starting over helps. Is there a way to update the firmware on these?

Update: I removed the controller from the app and from HE, reset it, and set it back up from scratch. So I can say the firmware on the device is 25.v2.8.6457-A. And it made no difference - I'm still getting the same effect of it turning on with old colors and sometimes not at all.

Update 2: When I set it up, I picked "RGB" as the mode in the app. I'm using it with an RGB strip. Does that matter to the HE driver? Should I use DIM, CCT, or RGBWW? I've got the strip wired to just the RGB terminals. I did try RGBWW mode, but that didn't change anything either.

1 Like

Nope. The only thing that changes is how the app loads the UI for your device. Thankfully, the protocol is the same, or I'd be dealing with a nightmare-ish number of drivers to create :laughing:

I'll take a look into the other stuff once the dust settles from traveling. :slight_smile:

1 Like

0.88 is out. Rock solid. Use socket if you're on 2.1+.

This will be the last version with Telnet, since future features will rely on parsing. I'll release my current work as an example driver and simplify it for others to use.

7 Likes

Hello Adam,

I'm getting an error, could you look into it? Thanks

RGBW Controller with IR remote

Do you have your settings for failed ping attempts and refresh set? Sounds like one of those isn’t saved properly as a number.

Ok, I had to uninstall both controllers, re installed, now I get this on both controller logs

Maybe the error will be just once, but debug false, what is that?

That error should be a one- off thing. I’ll initiate that for the next release, and remove the error.

The false is some debugging tools I left in there. I’ll remove them in the next release.