[Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)

Okay, cool. The reason I'm wondering is because I'm trying to pinpoint some slowdown behavior as you've explained and an eventual crash (just one time). I haven't determined for sure what is causing the slowdown but at this point I have only drivers with a websocket implementation disabled and my hub has been fantastically stable.

Please continue to update this thread if you find any fixes or problems.

1 Like

Absolutely.

What is the other websocket driver you have? Might be helpful for debugging

This section bothers me

def setLevel(level) {
// Set the brightness of a device (0-100)
level > 100 ? (level = 100) : null
sendEvent(name: "level", value: level)
logDebug "Level set to ${level}"

setColor(hue: device.currentValue("hue"), saturation: device.currentValue("saturation"), level: level)

}

Ogiewon's Logitech integration. Again, I don't know for sure if it's websockets or if my hub just hasn't been up long enough since the last slowdown and crash. I'm only at about 36 hours uptime. Or if it's just that these extra devices are pushing the hub to its limit. I don't have any automations with the Logitech or Magic Home devices so they really shouldn't be adding much load especially idle. They are mostly for control and consolidation so that everything is in one place.

I was having slowdowns usually within 24 hours and they would get gradually worse until I had 2 and 3 second response times to any automation. I'm guessing I didn't catch one in time and that's why the hub went down.

Anyway, I'm trying to isolate the cause and the next few days should be very telling hopefully.

1 Like

Hi Scott!

Why does that bother you?

— thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks! Let me know what you find

I received my development hub today. I’ve got ~20 MagicHome devices with the new driver running on my home hub with over 100 hours of uptime. First reboot was last night with a developer update. I’m gonna keep working on it and aim for a release in the next couple days

Its the level level double call.

Scott

1 Like

Hm? There’s only one call in there. SendEvent(...) is a status write to the database only. I’ll take a look at it and triple check there’s nothing recursive, but that’s the practiced method to write this.

Sorry Automation Logic same tag same call. lol

1 Like

No need to apologize :slight_smile: I was hoping you’d seen something I hadn’t.

Nope that was the only thing that caught my eye.

1 Like

Hey Adam

Some where the set level number is not between 100 and 1 .

Scott

Not sure how to get the uptime in the hub, but I'm still using 0.86 driver and no slowness yet. Just informing it, I'm not dead yet :grin:

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: I had different logic in a prior version—took it out during simplifying to locate slowdown. I’ll take care of that in a future release.

I just mark a note in my calendar. I’m glad yours is running smoothly!!

1 Like

Hey Adam

Thank you for the back logs. I did notice on dimmable controller when changing a set value of dim it would jump to 100 then to the preset.

Scott

Interesting. I’ll look into it. Thanks!

Today I noticed the slowness in the hub, fortunately my wife was sleeping

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Did you device go offline, or did your router update DHCP info/self-heal/reboot around that time? I’m trying to diagnose this and find patterns.

I’ll release the version with telnet/socket option in the next few days.