[Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)

Got the basics working on my wifi controller. THANKS!

I am having trouble figuring out the presets. Can I set a custom preset? Also I thought I read there was a warm white preset, but all I have is fades and strobes of different colors.

Thanks again!

Custom preset, as in the page with 16 squares in the app?

I’ve never seen a WW preset option—which device do you have? I’d love to add that, if so!

Yeah the page with the boxes...What are the 'send preset' fields for?

I have the basic Magic RGB controller for light strip.

1 Like

There are 21 built-in presets that each device has. Those are the presets in the driver.

Custom ones can be added—I’ve reverse engineered that, but creating a functional UI to make and call them in HE... that’s the tough part. I have a few ideas that I will experiment with once I get the driver in a more stable spot.

2 Likes

So Brand New to Hubitat, I installed your drive for my devices, but how do I add them? I go to devices and click Lan and it says its handled in the apps section, what app do I need. Thanks Look forward to using your driver.

Welcome aboard!

To add devices:

1. Go to Devices in your Hubitat
  2. Click Add Virtual Device
  3. Enter your device name and network name, select MagicHome Wifi (device type) for your proper device type.
  4. Click Save.
  5. For Server (I need to fix that text to say Device), enter your MagicHome device's IP.
  6. Port can most likely be left at 5577.

That should be all! The other settings are just extra. I've been working on another release soon--- you may see some slowdown with the currently listed version---I'm aware of the issue and working on it. Let me know your experiences.:slight_smile:

1 Like

got it working, but one question. the Device Network ID what is that? (I just put in the IP address there for now)

And whats the difference between Device Name and Device Label?

But otherwise it seems quick I like it. never got it working in ST and already have it working here in under a min. LOL love it.

One thought, could you make a reset called alarm or something, so if alarm is triggered then run preset. Or it that something I would have to do in rule machine?

The Device Network ID is just something hubitat can use internally to access the device. You can put pretty much anything here. I use this field to organize my devices in spreadsheets (since I often change the names of devices)

Device name tends to be the actual name of the device (e.g. MagicHome Wifi RGB + CCT...), while device label is what you call the device. You don't need a Device label, and HE will default to a device name if one isn't provided.

(ST was always promising they'd release the necessary protocol to make it work, and never properly did... HE took about a week to do so :slight_smile: )

You can actually call a preset with HE. I think this post from earlier should be helpful:

Let me know if I can help with anything else :slight_smile:

1 Like

So this morning I was looking at the log file and all of my devices that use this driver are giving this error:

[error]java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot execute null+0.4 on line 545 (parse)

Thoughts?

1 Like

Yes. Impeccable timing. I was just sending you a DM.

0.85?

You seem to have caught me in the act. :grin:

I'm still testing every device for slowdown. Links for everything are now updated.

I won't have cross-device test results until tomorrow (April 13), so there might still be slowdown in the newer drivers.

Fingers crossed. A lot of code changes in this one, and I removed some features that were a little too dreamy.

4 Likes

Hey Adam, fantastic work on the driver. Thank you so much.
I installed Ver 085 for the RGB strips, and seeing this

dev:11992019-04-13 12:32:07.109 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_MagicHome_MagicHome_Wifi___Controller_085__RGB__1458.setLevel() is applicable for argument types: (java.math.BigDecimal, java.math.BigDecimal) values: [20, 1] Possible solutions: setLevel(java.lang.Object) (setLevel)

dev:11992019-04-13 12:31:51.454 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_MagicHome_MagicHome_Wifi___Controller_085__RGB__1458.setLevel() is applicable for argument types: (java.math.BigDecimal, java.math.BigDecimal) values: [50, 5] Possible solutions: setLevel(java.lang.Object) (setLevel)

Thanks! This is helpful. I’ll reach out to staff and figure out why setLevel sometimes is sending two values. I’m pretty sure this happens if a Color Temperature has been sent to the device.

In the meantime, to fix this, I think you could delete your device and re-create it.

Also, I haven’t noticed slowdown with the other drivers, so I’d say they’re safe to use. Let me know how they handle!

On some devices, I'm seeing slowdown.

I'm not sure which ones, yet. This will take some time to debug.

In the meantime, if you experience slowdown, I offer an alternative:

Install this as a separate driver. I was running it reliably for a couple weeks. There's also another alternative version that I can send if this one causes slowdown for you.

Edit:
I think I've got it! I found the recursive loop. Testing and fixing.

1 Like

Weepeeee!

Aaahhhhhh :pensive:

Weepeeee!

Ok, I will wait. I don't want to die today by my wife :rofl:

1 Like

Smart man.

Still doing tests. :slight_smile:

1 Like

0.86 is up! It adds some checks in the parse(...) method that's fixed the slowdown for me—and hopefully you. I'm still trying to figure out why exactly this happens. A few ideas that I'll be testing in the coming week.

@vjv — I've also changed how some of the methods receive parameters, if you're willing to test how multiple hubs handle the link with this. If it's not working for you, I think I can fix it if not. Buying another hub in the next week or so for development only. :slight_smile:

If the slowdown is gone, I'll start adding features back in the next versions.

1 Like

Testing it now, thanks!

If I don't reply in 24 hours consider me dead. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I am looking for original firmware for magic home controller . Mine is rgb with 24 ir remote controller zj wfmn-a v1.1. Last version was 33.v6