[RELEASE] Magic Cube

Introducing 'Magic Cube'
Take control of your Xiaomi Mi Cube. Control devices based on Flip, Slide, Knock, Rotation and Shake.

Special thanks to Keith G. (@veeceeoh) for bringing the driver needed for this device over to Hubitat!

Features:

• Control devices based on Flip, Slide, Knock, Rotation and Shake.
  • Abilities: On/Off, Toggle, Dim, Set Level, Set Color and Change Mode
  • Uses the Xiaomi Mi Cube Controller device driver by @veeceeoh
  • Tutorial for driver can be found at ([Release] Xiaomi / Aqara device drivers)
  • Uses the 36 button setup
  • Ability to pause any child app
  • Parent/Child App structure
  • Create as many child apps as needed

App can be found on my Github:

V1.0.1 - 03/15/19 - Added Change Mode, Toggle, Dim and Set Color to device options.

I like the interface, nice and clean. Would adding dimmer capabilities explode the size? I use the included button app currently and setting dimmers by mode as well as the start dimming command on rotate are super useful. I guess I can chain some RM commands, hmm maybe call them from events like motion, Pico button, or cube command. MISO, Multiple Inputs Single Output. I already use room occupancy app like this. Things to think about, thank you for the app.

Thanks.

I originally was thinking devices, lights (level, color), dimming, etc., but the more I thought about it ... this thing is just another remote control. Just about everything I would want it to do is already setup in RM for one reason or another. So like you said, just link it to the device that controls that rule. No need to reinvent the wheel. :sunglasses:

Oh and my favorite use for the cube so far is to turn the tv volume up or down by rotating it. Magic! lol

Awesome. I'm going to put a different pizza type on each side, and when I roll the die, it will trigger the Dominoes API to order that kind of pizza :laughing:

New version on Github...BIG update, Huge ... very very big :grin:

V1.0.1 - 03/15/19 - Added Change Mode, Toggle, Dim and Set Color to device options.

Just taught my wife how to use the 'cube'. Her words... 'Now THAT's cool!' lol

• Knock to turn on the entertainment center
  • rotate right to turn the vol up
  • rotate left to turn the vol down
  • shake to turn the entertainment center off

:grin::grin::grin:

I can just imagine the fun if there is a cat in the house.