[Release] Logitech Harmony Hub Driver v0.1.20230311

Yes.

2 Likes

Hi, it seems that I'm on version v0.1.20210725 and the buttons stopped working.
Is it related to the v0.1.20221230 issue?

If you’re on v0.1.20210725 still, then there is no way a newer version caused a problem with your old code. Did you upgrade your copy of the Parent driver? If not, then please do NOT change it at this time, until we sort through your existing issue.

Which buttons exactly stopped working? If you’re using the “Home Control” buttons on the remote, and these stopped working, then please explain how you integrated those button. If you used the SmartThings workaround, then that would probably explain the issue as ST may have finally shut down their old Groovy based Logitech Harmony integration. There is a new Logitech integration with SmartThings that you may need to use in order to make the workaround work again.

Hi ogiewon, thanks for your reply.

Not that I'm aware of. I'm updating the hub regularly, but I guess that this does not affect your driver.

The 4 Home control buttons. They stopped working this past week.
I'm using them to control lights in my home.
Yes, I remember some workaround with SmartThings.
Can you please point me to the new workaround?

Here you go

2 Likes

There is a discussion that probably should be over here.

I must be having a brain meltdown because I can't find the driver code anywhere. When I go to GitHub it's all read me files.

I just got a Harmony Hub to try to set up an outdoor audio system and was hoping to integrate it into habitat. Anyone have a link to the driver. I promise I've looked for it.

Here you go.

Code

1 Like

Appreciate it. Going to read now and figure out how to work this.

I'm using the Home Control buttons and have re-linked Smartthings in the past few days after the original home control buttons stopped working earlier this month.

After re-linking, I noticed that Smartthings keeps disconnecting in the Harmony app every so often and as a result the Home Control buttons stop working :

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, is there anything that can be done about it?

Thanks for an awesome driver.
I just got a projector lift that work with RF, I have a broadlink RM4 Pro, if I add it to hubitat, can I assign the lift buttons to the harmony hub and use it in scenes?
trying to minimize the number of remotes (Harmony, phone, etc etc)
thanks again,

Sam

Not exactly sure what you mean by the above… Are you wanting to use the “Home Control” buttons found on some Harmony Hub-based remote controls? If so, read the following for the latest workaround.

Thanks, I will give that a try once I get the Broadlink to learn my RF codes.
what I want to do is basically create a scene that has a step to lower the projector lift and to raise it when I press off.
my guess is that the device will be in Hubitat and broadlink but I don't know how to make it appear in the harmony hub.

thanks!

It will never appear in the Harmony Hub, nor will any Hubitat devices. The best we can hope for is to use the Harmony remote’s Home Control buttons as “Button Devices” inside Hubitat as a trigger to control other Hubitat devices, like the Bond devices.

they show up... I used the Smartthings integration.

That is because there is an official SmartThings to Harmony Hub integration. There is no such official integration for Hubitat, Home Assistant, etc. Logitech stopped accepting new official integrations years ago.

Philips Hue, Lutron Caseta, Roku, and SmartThings are all official Harmony hub integrations.

Here is the complete list

If you have this working via SmartThings, then there really is no reason to change it. It can keep working, even if you move the rest of your home automation over to Hubitat.

I don't have a smarthing hub. There's a trick to add the devices to smarthings and then have them show in Hubitat, I'll look for it and send it to you.
Thanks,

Sam

A SmartThings hub is not required to use SmartThings with a Cloud to Cloud integration.

I am aware of the integrations between ST and HE.

My point is since you seem to have your Bond devices showing up in ST and then in Harmony, there is no reason to stop using that method.

I have 5 Harmony Hubs. All the home control buttons stopped working a while ago so I re-logged into smart things through the mobile app and the buttons worked again on one Harmony Hub. When I tried to fix another Hub, I think it broke the link on the first Hub as those buttons aren't working again. Anyone else having this issue with multiple Hubs?

Ouch! Looks like mine is out of date !! 3 updates behind! What does "BREAKING CHANGE: " mean??