[Release] Logitech Harmony Hub Driver v0.1.20230311

In the HUbitat Hub's Settings-> Network Setup page, you'll find a link at the top for Network Utilities.

See if you can ping the Harmony Hub's IP address from the Hubitat Hub. Are they both on the same VLAN? Are you sure your Harmony Hub is at 192.168.1.32?

One more thing to check... What version of firmware is running on your Harmony Hub? Make sure it is up to date.

Thanks for the quick response. Orbi showed my IP address ending in 32, but when I went into the harmony app, it was 36. I changed it and now can see everything. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Will this still work if/when logitech decides to kill cloud servers?

It is 100% local… so maybe it will continue to work…. :thinking:

The question is how well will the Harmony Hub behave once Logitech shuts down the servers?

2 Likes

Managing devices and activities uses Logitech’s cloud servers, so I would assume no updates will be possible. BUT Logitech is saying that its goal "is to keep service running as long as customers are using it," per a representative in this article. I use home hubs for their IR functionality, and there are other options out there, so I’ll be happy if I get a few more years of use out of mine.

2 Likes

Hey dude, Happy New Year!

In the new "breaking version" is there an adjustment by webcore to set bulb and socket level?

I noticed that you can only press the dim button so many times before it thinks you have dimmed it all the way.

Setting the Smartthings virtual device did NOT change the level in the Hubitat driver..

Looks like I may need to dig deeper to find why this isn't reflected in the logs. One would have to figure that it's a two way connection between the Harmony and Smartthings and this level should be reflected on both devices, like a setpoint change on ecobee.

The only change was to use built-in Hubitat drivers for the child devices.

Hello all - there's a note in the DTH about how to make the light switches on the Harmony remote work, but it sounds pretty involved. Something about getting IDs from SmartThings and so forth. Can someone please point me to more information or perhaps someone has done a write up or a step by step on this which I haven't found yet?

I have the Harmony Ultimate hub and have been using it with ST. I have it so that when I click one of the bulb switches on the remote it sets a virtual switch on, which then causes webCore to turn on a light. And same thing with a press and hold, but to turn off the light. I'm hoping to do the same with HE but don't see how yet. I still have ST running so I can fetch IDs if I can understand the process. Although hopefully this is just a one time thing, and don't need to keep ST in my system afterward (because I am looking forward to tossing it!). Thank you! :smiley:

From the 1st post in this thread…

And today Samsung killed off pretty much every Groovy ST SmartApp. I am surprised that your Harmony Hub is still working on ST. In any event, it probably will not be for too much longer. The workaround for using the Home Control buttons depends on the old ST Harmony integration.

One user did figure how to use Home Assistant’s Emulated Hue with Harmony Hub to regain the use of those Home Control buttons.

Indeed my ST pistons stopped working. However, for whatever reason, the bulb buttons on my Harmony Ultimate remote are still working to turn the lights on and off.

Is there any other way to hook into those button presses. For instance, maybe Harmony can call IFTTT when the button is pressed. For these two buttons, it is not important at all that I have them trigger anything in webCore. It is sufficient if I can just use them to turn on and off a virtual switch in HE... Possible??

I could have sworn that you can use four (mostly) dead hue bulbs to get the guid and that will allow Hue on the Touchscreen and Pistons on the Home Control buttons

If anyone is interested, I also found a pretty cool way to use iR to directly open up apps on the fire stick or Android TV. Also you can run programs like a curl to webcore with a button press.

If the ■■■■ hits the fan and there are no ways to emulate hue devices (or buy dead ones) This option will also be great.

For those familiar with LIRC and irexec. Go learn some buttons off a product you DON'T own.

After that edit the irexec.conf in the etc/lirc directory to tell irexec what to run on each button press.

Set up pistons for your buttons and use the run piston URL for curl

Also, you would want to set up at least one global variable to make sure the rocker button will adjust level (not set level) for the last bulb/socket you pressed.. The + key would be 10 and, minus on the rocker would be -10 (or whatever you want)

-----If you have experience with webCoRE, and can suggest a piston for the held rocker button, go ahead and post it. -------

Finally, edit your buttons in the Harmony app to use the buttons you learned and assigned for each piston.

Since these will be "Activity based" you can also have more fun with them. Like a Movie toggle for a HC button if you enter the activity "Watch Plex" or whatever.

I am running my lirc/irexec on a Pi Zero W and a Windows Media Center iR transceiver.

Truthfully, I can see this working very well in tandem with Hue. Although, this method can be used exclusively and you can finally get all your dead Smartthings devices off the device screen.

If interested, pay attention to THIS post because I'll be posting webCoRE import codes for buttons and the rocker pistons.

If you require LIRC support, try the ArchLinux LIRC Google search result, it was perfect for my troubleshooting.

For Fire Stick/Android TV control, you'll want to get platform-tools and use 'adb monkey' to launch the package name. (Stand by for further instructions)

While learning buttons, the most current version LIRC screws up the learned remote file. You MUST take the second column of zeros out. Otherwise, irw won't see them (when testing) and irexec won't do anything.

This is going to be the most future proof suggestion for the home control buttons.

Order those Raspberry Pi's and the WMC transceivers now! Time is running out if you use them regularly.

Stay tuned to this post for edits, and I will probably start my own thread to make sure I don't go off-topic on this thread.

---------- EDIT ---------+

New thread:

This is a bit off topic for this thread so, I'm including all instructions on my own thread.

Yes, as I mentioned, this is probably the best way that I know of…

Please remember that Logitech has discontinued any development or sale of their Harmony remote control products. This is a dying product.

Can someone please explain the "Hue blub hack"? Can this be done with an LIFX bulb?

If you are speaking of what I am trying to do:
Either emulate a bulb or buy "bad led" hue bulbs and steal the guid to get them active to continue to use home control.

@JJJS said he had a 'ghost hue' not sure what he meant, looking forward to hearing back from him.

I think this could work, provided the bulb can be installed somewhere where I don't have to worry about someone turning off the switch. Unless this can be done with a virtual switch, but I don't think so because I think this trick relies on built-in integration between ST and Lifx (or Hue)?

But I assume this would require keeping SmartThings around, right? I was looking forward to ditching it now that I am fully running on HE.

No virtual switches on Hue, as far as I know.

The first thing I would do is check that it's giving you a guid after you prepare the remote hC buttons with the Harmony app.

It's supposed to, but I don't know yet. You can test it for all of us.

The other thing to test is if the hC buttons responds while it's unplugged/unscrewed, especially with dimming.

I don't have a Hue and no plans to add it. I do have LIFX bulbs tho.

" check that it's giving you a guid after you prepare the remote hC buttons with the Harmony app" - sorry, what do you mean by "prepare". I'm happy to test for everyone if I have instructions on what to test and how.

Another idea I am looking into is there is a project what allows HE and ST devices to talk to each other. So I might then keep the ST around (sadly!) and have the Harmony HC button toggle a virtual switch in ST, that HE can then see the state chance and use that as the event to tap into.

The home control buttons have to be assigned. That's what I meant by preparing.

If you look at my thread, this solution is going to work long past the Harmony and doesn't require a smart home hub.

Just a Raspberry Pi, a remote receiver and some time to set it up.

@abuttino and @HDGuy - Feels like it might be time for a new thread to discuss this in more detail. Thanks.

2 Likes