[Release] Logitech Harmony Hub Driver v0.1.20230311

I am so close to getting this integrated. But I may be confused about its capabilities. Does this not make it possible to trigger automations when buttons are pressed on the remote? For example, if I press the Play button on the remote, can I have it dim my lights? It appears that after I've added the driver, it allows me to send commands from the Hubitat interface to the harmony hub, but button presses on the remote can not kick off a trigger in Hubitat. Am I correct in that understanding?

I see that I can trigger automations when an "activity" is selected on the remote; like "Watch Netflix"; which is one of the Child Switches that were discovered. Those activities appear to be behaving like light switches in hubitat.

Also, I've gone all the way through the setup process, including the Smart Things integration portion so that I can use the light bulb and socket buttons on the remote. But I'm really only using the light bulb buttons. I've identified the Device ID's for the buttons on the remote and placed them in the "Home Control Light 1" and "Home Control Light 2" fields on the harmony hub parent device. How do I specify which lights should turn on when those buttons are pressed? Essentially, I've followed the instructions perfectly right up until it starts talking about "Webcore". That's where I get lost. It doesn't mention how to specify which physical dimmers to change when I press those buttons on the remote. What am I missing here?

Correct. The Harmony Hub does not send any data for normal remote control “button presses”. The Harmony Activities do send data, which is what this integration is primarily focused on.

Exactly!

At this point, you can simply treat the Harmony Hub Parent as a normal Hubitat “Button Controller” device. Thus, use any of the normal Hubitat built-in apps that can use a button pushed or held event as a trigger for an automation. Basic Rules, Notifications, Rule Machine, etc…. There is no need for webCoRE.

THANK YOU, very much, ogiewon. That was incredibly easy to install. I look forward to doing some further integrations with this.

1 Like

Migrated recently from Smarthings.. having some issues with this seeing my Harmony Hubs (2 on the network) any troubleshooting tips? ASUS router. IP is configured correctly, doesn’t seem to populate the child devices.

Error in log for both hubs is the same
dev:7422022-03-10 04:48:34.712errorjava.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host (Host unreachable) on line 417 (method updated)

Hubs are on 4.15.290

Are they on some different network setup compared to the HE hub? E.g. different subnet, etc

1 Like

Resolved this by back tracking through this thread.

Its an ASUS mesh network with 4 nodes.
I used the “bind” option to bind the 2 harmony hubs to the node that the Hubitat hub is connected to.

For future reference for others, for ASUS routers navigate to “AI Mesh 2.0” then click each node to locate the harmony hub(s). Click the little link icon and select your node to bind to (this should be the same node your Hubitat Hub is on) To locate the IP of your hub(s) go to the Harmony app and select about/versions.

This resolved the issue for me and the child devices immediately populated.

2 Likes

So, did ST disappear as a Home Control option for anyone else? I was able to get 1 of my hubs setup and working to control HE devices this morning. I went in to do another hub, and it kept telling me “no compatible devices found” when I’d try to add stuff. Thought I’d let it sit for awhile and work out the problem, now ST is gone as an option to add.

Good riddance lol

1 Like

I wonder if the current ST - Logitech integration only supports 1 Harmony Hub? Just a guess.

You set up a second instance of the harmony hub driver in habitat for a second harmony hub..i.have two.

Yes, of course…. But that wasn’t the question as the issue is on the SmartThings side. :wink:

I’m not sure what the deal is, I got this all working via HubConnect a week or so ago. I was able to get back into it, ST was already added, so it wouldn’t add it when I went to add device, but it had no devices, so it didn’t show up in that list. I was able to get to it from Harmony Setup>Add Edit Devices>Devices>ST

But when I re long in or refresh, it just says this. Maybe the system is down right now. Probably a ST thing.

I was blocked the last time I tried to set up Device control w/ST several weeks ago, was never successful. Got it set up today, though. Maybe Logitech/Harmony are down again coincidentally and setup is blocked again until they fix/reboot something.

One thing I noticed - I don't have "Home Control" on my list in the Harmony app - what is that? Is ST hiding under it?

Oh, and just checked, I have ST integration enabled on two hubs in my house (one set up maybe one to two years ago, second set up today), so appears you can have more than one hub w/the ST integration.

1 Like

Interestingly, last night three of the four virtual switches showed offline in the Harmony app, and none of them were working from the remote. They are showing online again today, haven't had a chance to test today, but all four switches are showing online again in the Harmony app. All four switches were also showing "On" when they were off, so that was a little strange.

I got the chance to test w/the remote, and at first just three of the buttons worked, then tried again later and the forth was working again as well. Seems like the Harmony app is getting out of sync w/the four devices somehow. Right now three of the lights are on, but the app shows all four as being on. If it keeps working from the remote I won't really care what the Harmony app shows, but it is a bit curious.

I would like to thank ogiewon for the excellent driver and his patience with my questions.
I promised I would write up my experience setting up the Home Control buttons with this driver so that others could learn from my experience. Sooo.....I read this tread from start to finish (honestly most of the posts) and I did deviate a bit from the author's direction and experienced no success. I reached out in private chat to Ogiewon and discussed what I was trying to do and was directed to follow his steps that brought him success. I followed the directions given and using a Smartthings account I was successful and got the buttons working right away ( now experiencing a problem similar to danabw's last post now).

The TLDR is, Follow the directions, you will probably experience success a little quicker!!

2 Likes

Hello, recently have had either of both of my harmony hubs stop reporting activity to hubitat. One is an elite with home control buttons and when this happens, the home control buttons no longer work. The hubs "presence" reports not present. I'm assuming this is your driver's way of reporting losing connection to the hub. (smart btw!) Harmony hubs both have a static IP. I did notice, if I toggle debug logging on, then click refresh button, they reconnect, presence changes to present and all is well. I've now left debug logging on to see if that keeps it from happening, but this may be a quick fix for others with issues.

Glad to hear you e found a way to get things communication again. One quesrion - Are you running the latest version of the code? I know early on there were some improvements made with regard to reconnection methods.

1 Like

2021-07-25 on parent
2020-01-25 on child

1 Like

Thanks - Mine keep losing connection/Home Control buttons. I'll give this a whirl. FWIW, aslo have everything involved on fixed IPs.

Don't know if I was just too impatient, but for me maybe just toggling Debug Loggin On/Off did it?

Turned on Debug and saved. Hit Refresh once, waited about 5s, then again, waited another 5s. Nothing happened. Also refreshed the browser page.

Turned Debug logging back off and then Presence beccame Present again.

Wonder if I can just write a rule to turn debug on/off and do a Refresh every week or so? Not even sure if there's a way to turn on Debug logging for a device from a rule...

But...Home Controls don't work again after these attempts. Worked at first when I got them set up some weeks ago but stopped working at some point.

I turned Debug Logging back on just in the unlikely case that would do anything, and still no dice.

So Presence and above actions don't seem to matter in my case, as far as I can tell. Sad face for me. :wink:

OK, very strange.

I decided to set up a rule using the remote home buttons just to see if that would work. Sort of just trying anything at this point... :slight_smile:

It worked (turned off a light), but noticed that another light turned on when I pressed the button on the Harmony. So killed the rule and sure enough all four home-control buttons are working as I had assigned them to originally in the Button Controller app.

Weird...maybe it took a few minutes for a server-handshake to happen on Harmony's end?

Think this may help? :wink: I've set it up.

1 Like