[Release] Logitech Harmony Hub Driver v0.1.20230311

Worked like a cham. Thanks :slight_smile:
If I may bother you a bit more, I'm also trying to set my lights to change bulb tempature/level automatically per mode (Day, Night, Evening) and not with a push of a button.

I already set modes via mode manager and now I'm trying to figure out how to set this up

This is getting off-topic for this Logitech Harmony Hub integration thread. Probably best to start a new thread, as you’ll receive a lot more answers from experienced users.

Yeah, no problem. Thanks again for your help :+1:

1 Like

Ogiewon, I have a little problem I am trying to figure out, I am creating a dashboard in Sharptools for Harmony Activities that if the Spouse wants to use here tablet to control the TV she can do so without searching for the remote (I may hide it from time to time...her opinion..lol) Any way I can create a channel up and down switch and etc but the issue is how can I get the TV guide to come up via a virtual switch?
The Harmony Remote has a button on it that when pressed will display the tv guide that your cable box has on it. (it is set up when the device is added in the harmony set up for that activity.)
I would assume it would use the "Device Command" button in the Parent Device Page, I am assuming that I would need the associated device Id and the actual command. Is there a way to figure out what that command is?

Looking to ensure I do not suffer anymore "Remote " withdrawls , Thanks for your time.
B

There's a post earlier here that explained it, I can find it for you.... I think it may have been as simple as the debug logging being turned on....

This was it, you need to tweak the code temporarily to output the command listing.

1 Like

Cheers sburke, I was just , on your previous reply, searching and have noted what duane.and had done and I will review what ogiewon has provided. I am sure my answers are in there. Thanks for the gentle guidance.
B

1 Like

Good day, I am wondering if you can assist, I am following your guide and trying to get a virtual switch to turn on the guide feature for the DVR. I can in the Parent device using Device Command add the command wanted and the DeviceID in to that box and press that button and the guide appears on the tv, this issue I am having is getting that to work with a virtual switch. I tried to mirror your commands (edited for what I wish to accomplish) but, still didnt work. I am assuming its how it have it entered and looking for a little guidance if you have any.

The Harmony Parent device page and the command that works,

My rule that I created, and the device command entered,

Do you or anyone else see the issue?

Thanks
B

The command looks fine, perhaps try turning on some of the logging options (shown as a drop-down just below the actions in your last screenshot). Just to see whether the rule is getting fired and what, if anything might be happening (or not).

Roger that, stby will let you know.
Thank you
B

1 Like

I get this when logging events and actions;
dev:1342022-01-01 18:08:37.709 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_ogiewon_Logitech_Harmony_Hub_Parent_419.deviceCommand() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [Guide', '70626942] Possible solutions: deviceCommand(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object) on line 5107 (method deviceCommand)

no real java experience, but assume it is the values it is having trouble with.

Did you type the quote in when you were setting up the rule? Is so, try removing them, just enter the value Guide and the device id.

I was trying that earlier and didn't make a difference.
same error without the quotes [Guide, 70626942] .

Have you got a screenshot of the actions screen for the rule? I'm wondering if you setup two parameters in the action, or just one that includes both values.

Here's an example where I have already setup one parameter, and am then creating the second. Don't worry about the context of the rule, I'm not turning off the tv when adjusting the volume, was just the one I had open.

I tried it the way you suggested and no luck.
here is the screen shot of the actions screen.

Ah, not two actions, two parameters for the same deviceCommand, let me see if I can get a couple more screenshots and steps

ahhhhh so yeah my error and once I set two parameters up it worked, Thank you for taking the time to walk me through that. That is freaking awesome, I can see how it was getting messed up now.
Well apparently you can still teach an old dog, cheers mate!!

1 Like

Nice work, glad you got it working.

I have been playing around with this recently as I try and setup a few controls on my dashboards. You may want to consider using a virtual button if you intend to do a few more, only to keep the number of devices down. But if it's only one or two, switches are just as good, as long as you set them to auto-off quite quickly after you switch them on.

I have tried a virtual button for stepping up the volume but it doesnt seem to work as I intend it to.
I will revisit it tomorrow as I had a rush of *&^% to the brain just now on why it may not and maybe I can fix it.
The volume up and down were not working correctly but that may be due to me using the denon amp to control and not the Harmony driver.
I will follow up with results tomorrow, it will be good to start off the new year increasing the SAF.
Have a great day.
B

1 Like

Hi, I've had this driver for a few years now, only to do something when the remote is turned off at night. I'm wanting to do a bit more, using it to turn my TV on when we are away as part of a few routines to make it look like we're still home.
I tried to turn the TV on & didn't work. However looking through her ther version I have is quite out dated.
In ordrer to update the driver, do I simply delete the current version & past the latest in it's place?
Or is ther a bit more to it??