[Release] Logitech Harmony Hub Driver v0.1.20230311

hello,

i followed the instructions for the home controls here

but when i press the button, my logs show

dev:6202020-12-22 09:08:42.474 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method div() on null object on line 206 (parse)

dev:6202020-12-22 09:08:42.462 pm debug[type:automation.state?notify, data:[f031933c-eb76-4fcf-a91a-f79f3e56bbb3:[status:1, on:true]]]

dev:6202020-12-22 09:08:42.456 pm debugparsed: {"type":"automation.state?notify","data":{"f031933c-eb76-4fcf-a91a-f79f3e56bbb3":{"status":1,"on":true}}}

dev:6202020-12-22 09:08:41.656 pm infoUnhandled data from Harmony Hub. json = {"type":"control.button?pressType","data":{"type":"short"}}

dev:6202020-12-22 09:08:41.652 pm debug[type:control.button?pressType, data:[type:short]]

dev:6202020-12-22 09:08:41.647 pm debugparsed: {"type":"control.button?pressType","data":{"type":"short"}}

and nothing happens. the button presses are programmed in Button Manager to do basic light toggles, and activate 1 scene. I also tried using Simple Automation Rules just incase it was a problem with the app, and still no luck. Any help? thanks so much.

Yeah the addition of the home control buttons is awesome!!! I'm using one for my switchmate (via switchmate.py and maker api) to control my fireplace and then some sylvania outlets for xmas lights!!!

Now I don't have to shout at alexa at night time anymore before going to bed, I can just use the buttons on the remote !

Do you have the device Id for that button set correctly in the parent device?
In this case it would be “f031933c-eb76-4fcf-a91a-f79f3e56bbb3”

1 Like

Hi, small issue here and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure it out.

I have the 2020-09-20 version working well for quite some time with the 4 home control buttons also working.

When I try to update the driver code to 2020-11-23 version, (I'm trying to get the +/- dimming buttons on my Harmony Home control remote working).. the 4 home control buttons stop working, and pressing home control buttons no longer shows up in the event logs although the WatchTV/Play music etc still show up.

I did a file compare between 2020-11-23 and 2020-09-20 just to check that I wasn't missing any hard coded configuration data... but I can't seem to track down what's causing my issue..

Thanks much.

Hmmmm...:thinking:

I just verified that my Hubitat hub is running the 2020-11-23 version of the Logitech Harmony Hub parent driver. My home control buttons are still fine. I am using SmartThings virtual devices mapped to those buttons via the SmartThings to Harmony integration.

Thanks for replying...

Pretty sure I'm missing something very obvious.

I'm using Child Switch driver 2020-01-25, which I didn't update because I didn't see any changes in that file so I left it alone.
Is this the one I should be using?

screenshot

below the red line is while on 2020-09-20 before I update the parent driver and it will show button 1 is pushed.

Above the red line is if I update parent driver to 2020-11-23, and pressing button 1, it doesn't respond.

If I just copy paste in back the old driver file again, the home control buttons start to register again..

Did I need to update something else?

Below is debug log for parent driver 2020-11-23 showing errors,

and..
Below is debug log for parent driver 2020-09-20 showing NO errors,

Thanks for the help.

This was the key! Thank you for the detailed error log. While I am not sure why it throws an error for you, but not for me, I have added some additional code that I hope will prevent that particular error from occurring. When that error occurs, the code exits and does not complete the rest of the normal tasks, including sending the normal button events. I have uploaded a new version to my GitHub repository. Please try to the 20201228 version and let me know if at least the original functionality is restored.

Please try the 20201228 release I posted this morning which 'should' help with the error you were seeing in your Live Logs. Hopefully, this will correct the problem.

Okay. I think I am missing something.
I installed the parent and child drivers, and created the devices.
How and what do I add to a dashboard to make this work?

Add the automatically created child switch devices which represent each of your Harmony Activities.

Okay. That makes sense.
Are the options just to have a switch? No other controls? (inputs, channel options, device controls?)

The Parent Device has some limited controls for the current active Activity. Volume can be adjusted either up or down, for example. However, the Harmony remote cannot set an explicit volume level (just like a Harmony remote control can only adjust volume up and down.) The volume level on the parent will always snap back to 50%. If you set it above 50%, the volume will be adjusted up...and vice versa.

If you know the specific device commands, you can send them using the custom command - deviceCommand() and passing in the correct string. These commands can be sent regardless of what Activity is currently selected.

There are numerous examples in this thread. I know it’s long...but there are some nuggets in it to be found.:wink:

This integration is not meant to replace a true physical Harmony remote control. A Hubitat Dashboard will never be more effective than the actual physical remote control.

1 Like

Perfect!
This works.
Thank you so much, I'm now back to original functionality I had with 2020-09-20.

Question, was this update supposed to make the +/- dimmer buttons work?
If so can you tell me if there was something else I needed to do to enable that functionality? The buttons have no effect for me as of right now.

Thanks again.

What type of 'Virtual Device' do you have assigned to those buttons? Most of us are using SmartThings Virtual Dimmer devices. These can be dimmed and brightened via that button on the remote. This information can then be sniffed by the Hubitat Hub and will show up as custom attributes on the parent device.

Just want to express my gratitude to the devs who contributed to the "home buttons" feature!

I have been tearing my hair out trying to fix issues with the Home Extender freezing when trying to control my Z-Wave lights. On top of that, I recently removed my Hue Bridge from the Harmony Hub trying to fix a different problem, and couldn't add it back ("not detected"). I was about to throw the thing in the lake!

I came across this thread as I've been using HE for everything the Harmony couldn't do. Now the HE does pretty much does everything in the house except home theater IR (the Harmony Elite remote is pretty excellent despite everything else).

Thanks to the clear instructions, the "home button" solution is working flawlessly and means I can ditch the Home Extender! The only downsides seem to be a) a second or so of delay in the round trip from the button press, and b) things stop working if internet goes down. Both are minor compared with the troubles I was having before - so again, thank you!

1 Like

where can i find that? i went to your github and it shows the last update as v0.1.20200920

you are amazing! that fixed it. i appreciate your help.

1 Like

What did you have to do to get those buttons working? I had them working a few weeks ago and nothing has changed on my end but now I cannot control the brightness of the devices assigned to the home control buttons. I used to see bulb level changes in the Hubitat logs but they no longer show up.

What version of the Harmony Hub driver are you using? There was a very recent update that corrected a similar issue reported with the previous version. Make sure you’re running the latest version, 20201228, from a few days ago.

I just imported the most recent version from your GitHub:

• version : v0.1.20201228

My Harmony Hub did reboot recently because Dominion replaced our meter. That caused the home control buttons to quit working. I logged into the Harmony app as suggested elsewhere and the home control buttons went back to working but the + / - still aren't doing anything.