[Release] Logitech Harmony Hub Driver v0.1.20230311

I know how to add the driver and have that working fine for the last couple weeks. But can someone walk me through how I would update the existing driver to this newer version?

Go into your Drivers section, the open up this driver. Within the driver editing window, click the IMPORT button. This should open a pop-up window with a prepopulated URL. Just click IMPORT and save. That should do it!

1 Like

That worked perfectly. Thanks for the help. :grinning:

1 Like

@ogiewon Thank you very much for this excellent driver!

@ogiewon I have been using the driver for nearly a year without a problem, thanks for creating it. Something happened about 2 weeks ago that Hubitat is showing the TV as being on when it is off & off when it is on. Is there a way to reverse this??
I just had to reverse the rule in RM to turn off lights when it thinks the TV is on instead of off, but would be good to fix it. Thanks.

Did you upgrade your version to the latest one? In the newest version, released 3 days ago, I ADDED a new Switch Capability to the Parent Device. This will be ON if any activity is ON, and OFF if all Activities are OFF.

That is the only change recently. There is a Child Switch device created named "PowerOff" which has the exact opposite logic, and always has. The PowerOff 'switch' is ON when all Activities are OFF, and it is OFF if any Activity of ON.

Again, this hasn't changed since releasing the driver over a year ago. In any event, you have two system-wide devices you can choose from that indicate the status of the Harmony Hub, with opposite logic. Something to satisfy everyone, eh? :wink:

Thanks for the quick reply, I haven't updated the app since I installed it in February. I guess I copy the new version from GitHub & paste it over the current one??
I guess it will it check the current status when it is saved?

Yes, that will work. Make sure you copy it from the RAW GitHub page to prevent getting any strange formatting characters.

You can also simply paste the raw URL into the IMPORT button/feature within the Hubitat Driver Editor for the Harmony Hub Parent driver.

It will re-synch everything between Hubitat and the Harmony Hub. Go into the Harmony Hub Parent device, and click SAVE. That will make it communicate with the Harmony Hub. Watch your Live Logs to see if there are any error messages.

Hi @ogiewon just something i've noticed, when i turn my tv on with google home with the built in Harmony activity for Google the child device changes state in HE and turns on and the parent activity updates correctly but the switch in the parent stays off? If i could change channels i'd ditch the google integration all together so that's the only reason i've kept it.

I've put the new driver in. Still have the same issue, it's out of sync. The dashboard shows 'Harmony Hub-Power Off' is 'Off' & 'Harmony Hub-Watch Foxtel' is 'On'
Should I go to 'Devices' - Logitech - 'Harmony Hub-Watch Foxtel' & turn it 'Off'?

Nope, that doesn't correct it

If you have any "Activity" child currently ON, the "PowerOff" child should be OFF. So, that part makes sense to me.

Are you saying the your "Watch Foxtel" Activity was actually OFF during this testing? I am a little confused.

@welby1978 - I think I have found and corrected the issue you highlighted. This same problem would occur if one turned on the system via a physical remote control as well. I believe the state of the Parent device's "Switch" attribute should now be kept up to date correctly, regardless of how the system is turned on or off.

Please give the latest version a try and let me know if it resolves the issue.

Thank you for the feedback!

@greghoward1962 - Please update the driver code to the latest version and let me know if this helps resolve the issue you're seeing. Again, I am a little confused by the issue you've described, so I am not certain if this latest version will address it or not. Instead of using the Dashboard, please verify the status of the Parent Device, and the corresponding Child devices to determine if a problem still exists or not. I would prefer to focus on troubleshooting the Harmony Hub Parent driver first, and then the Dashboard second (if necessary.)

I've just arrived at work, so I'll have to further investigate when I get home. Thinking about it over night it could well be that the Harmony is not in sync, the Dashboard is indicating what the harmony state actually is?
Just to confirm to you what I'm seeing, my wife is still asleep, so the TV is not being used. I've logged into my Cloud Dashboard & the Harmony is showing that the 'Harmony Hub - PowerOff' the switch is On & is Green. No other switch is on

Yep that's fixed it, thanks mate.

1 Like

Yes, that makes perfect sense! Remember, it is a PowerOff switch (not a Power switch). When this switch is 'on', the power is off the rest of the system. In other words, "PowerOff" is the current active Activity.

If you'd prefer to reverse this logic, you can change your Dashboard tile to use the Parent Device's Switch attribute. I just added the Switch attribute to the Parent, along with a Default Acitivity user setting. If this switch is turned ON, then the parent will activate the default Activity (if one has been selected.) The Parent's switch attribute also can be used to turn off the current activity, if desired. It also reflects whether or not any activity is ON or if all Activities are OFF.

Again, the "PowerOff" Activity Switch behaves as follows...

Thanks, I understand the logic to it, thanks. I might change it otherwise in another 6 months I'll be wondering. Thanks again

@ogiewon I see lines with this I’m my log.

warn failure message from web socket failure: No route to host (Host unreachable)

Any idea why? Rules using that hub is working.

Are you experiencing any issues with the integration other than those warning messages?

Have you reserved a static DHCP address for your Harmony Hub? The warning message you’ve posted above indicates that the Hubitat hub cannot connect to the Harmony Hub, I believe.

No, I don’t experience any issues and the rules I have using that Harmony Hub is working.
Yes, I have a reserved IP to my Harmony Hubs. I have also restarted the Harmony Hub.

My other Harmony Hub also show the same warning.