[Release] Logitech Harmony Hub Driver v0.1.20230311

Thanks for your work. I have tried the new code out and weirdly it is still the same behavior. I checked debugging and it is clearly only calling your volume change routine 1x but volume changes by 2. I also tried changing repeats to:

1 => changes by 2
2=> changes by 4
3=> changes by 5
4=> changes by 7

When I use the remote is does only go up by 1 so don't think its a remote setting. Isn't a big deal either but weird.

Hmmm, that is a little strange.

Not sure what else it could be other than the harmony hub just sending too many IR pulses when called via the webSocket interface. As a test, if you use your smartphone as a Harmony remote control and click volume up and volume down on the phone's touchscreen, how much does your volume change?

I also have a lot of difficulty with complex rules, but if you can accomplish the task you need to with multiple, smaller rules, there’s nothing wrong with that!

2 Likes

Tried that out sorry to say I have no good news for you lol. It changes by 1.

Got this set up last night. As a recent convert(ish) from SmartThings, and a user of the man in the middle server, what's the effective strategy for getting individual device control, and not just activity control through Hubitat?

Glad to hear! If I recall correctly, the official SmartThings to Logitech Harmony Hub integration only supported Harmony Activities as well, correct? It did also support mapping ST devices to Harmony to be able to use those devices in Activities and map remote control buttons.

You could give this KuKu Harmony port a try. I have not used it, so no firsthand experience to share with you.

Thanks! Dead on. Official integration exclusively used activities, while the XMPP integration gave granular control.

I actually stumbled on the port of KuKu Harmony a little while after posting, initially it wasn't showing up despite searching. Seems to be functional as well. It would be great if this or another app were able to fold both in together, though I know that's not a small feature request XD. Personally the activities are rarely what I need given the range of devices controlled (TV, HT, Aircon), since only one can be active at once. I'd rather not turn off my AC just because I'm watching TV, or get stuck when the TV needs to cycle inputs to resume displaying from my PC (how Vizio is able to claim that's normal use is beyond me).

All,

I have just released a new version of the Logitech Harmony Hub Parent Driver. This new version includes the addition of the "Switch" Capability to the Parent Device. I have also added a new user preference for a "Default Activity". Together, these allow the Parent Device to be used to Turn On (the Default Activity) and Off the system without needing to use a child device. Thanks @yototogblo for your request and for helping to test this new feature.

Please let me know if you have any feedback.

Dan

3 Likes

Thanks for very quickly adding this feature. It works great!

For everyone, the beauty of the switch capability is that if any activity is running (i.e. the remote isn't powered off), the parent device would now reflect that. You can then add the parent to your dashboard and quickly see the status of your TV and turn it off. In my case, I called the parent activity "Living Room TV" and so, can easily control my Living Room TV from my dashboard. It also works great using Alexa or Google Home of course.

1 Like

I know how to add the driver and have that working fine for the last couple weeks. But can someone walk me through how I would update the existing driver to this newer version?

Go into your Drivers section, the open up this driver. Within the driver editing window, click the IMPORT button. This should open a pop-up window with a prepopulated URL. Just click IMPORT and save. That should do it!

1 Like

That worked perfectly. Thanks for the help. :grinning:

1 Like

@ogiewon Thank you very much for this excellent driver!

@ogiewon I have been using the driver for nearly a year without a problem, thanks for creating it. Something happened about 2 weeks ago that Hubitat is showing the TV as being on when it is off & off when it is on. Is there a way to reverse this??
I just had to reverse the rule in RM to turn off lights when it thinks the TV is on instead of off, but would be good to fix it. Thanks.

Did you upgrade your version to the latest one? In the newest version, released 3 days ago, I ADDED a new Switch Capability to the Parent Device. This will be ON if any activity is ON, and OFF if all Activities are OFF.

That is the only change recently. There is a Child Switch device created named "PowerOff" which has the exact opposite logic, and always has. The PowerOff 'switch' is ON when all Activities are OFF, and it is OFF if any Activity of ON.

Again, this hasn't changed since releasing the driver over a year ago. In any event, you have two system-wide devices you can choose from that indicate the status of the Harmony Hub, with opposite logic. Something to satisfy everyone, eh? :wink:

Thanks for the quick reply, I haven't updated the app since I installed it in February. I guess I copy the new version from GitHub & paste it over the current one??
I guess it will it check the current status when it is saved?

Yes, that will work. Make sure you copy it from the RAW GitHub page to prevent getting any strange formatting characters.

You can also simply paste the raw URL into the IMPORT button/feature within the Hubitat Driver Editor for the Harmony Hub Parent driver.

It will re-synch everything between Hubitat and the Harmony Hub. Go into the Harmony Hub Parent device, and click SAVE. That will make it communicate with the Harmony Hub. Watch your Live Logs to see if there are any error messages.

Hi @ogiewon just something i've noticed, when i turn my tv on with google home with the built in Harmony activity for Google the child device changes state in HE and turns on and the parent activity updates correctly but the switch in the parent stays off? If i could change channels i'd ditch the google integration all together so that's the only reason i've kept it.

I've put the new driver in. Still have the same issue, it's out of sync. The dashboard shows 'Harmony Hub-Power Off' is 'Off' & 'Harmony Hub-Watch Foxtel' is 'On'
Should I go to 'Devices' - Logitech - 'Harmony Hub-Watch Foxtel' & turn it 'Off'?

Nope, that doesn't correct it