[Release] Logitech Harmony Hub Driver v0.1.20230311

The Logitech Harmony App on your mobile phone has no Hubitat integration options that I am aware of. My Logitech Harmony Hub driver simply requires one to manually add a virtual device in Hubitat, and assign the IP Address of the Harmony Hub to the user preference settings and click save. It then connects directly to the Harmony Hub via webSockets and will automatically create a child device for each Harmony Activity. The Harmony App on the phone is not used for this integration.

That's some good feedback. Glad to hear it's working fine for your setup.

I did this while connected to the harmony hub via the computer. It's been a year or better, and I'm at work, so I can't connect, but I can certainly check and confirm when I get home. I just feel that it was something that I did for some reason. My computer is off due to bad storms last night with a power outage. If I can get my husband to press that button, I'll check my home computer to see if I can find it.

Add this to your, "What else can I automate List".
Or cross it off your list now if your pc supports WOL.

I ..... LOVE YOU

1 Like

shucks

4 Likes

It'll be nice to be able to run commands in an event. I'm surprised I never looked into this. I haven't been able to look .. being at work and all, but I should, cuz I'm definitely not getting any work done. Could this be modified for a shutdown as well? Oh WHY can't the day be over? It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Unfortunately not. Wake on Lan can only do just that..wake. I know others have been able to do shutdowns (and a bunch of other pc related things) with eventghost on ST. I haven't had a need for this myself so I never really looked into it.

We had severe weather and power outages last night. My computers suffered from that power outage at 3 am. I might look into that.

I looked into my harmony app and there's not a place to add the connection. So many things in the beginning required this, I'm obviously mistaken about having to do that here.

Hey @april.brandt, I’ve ported the TRIGGERcmd app from ST just last night, I’m using this for shutting down my PC. I’ll hopefully be sharing today once I’ve tested it fully. You can pay for this, for multiple PCs, but for a single PC it’s free.

2 Likes

[GASP!] Fer meee? Awh! NO WAY!

2 Likes

Hello, I am old (69 yrs) and was wondering if there is a easy way for me to get my Harmony Hub to work with HE? Like maybe just a couple of files in a zip file that contain the Apps Code and the Drivers Code? I can read and comprehend, but I am really a noob when it comes to HE; just got my Dashboard setup for Alexa and TP-Link Integration...So, any help would be greatly appreciated...

@rmscholbe

The driver you need, along with detailed instructions, can be found at @ogiewon's GitHub. Here's the specific link for the Logitech Harmony Driver that he has written:

Thanks for the link. How do I apply the update from PrayerfulDrop Update logitech-harmony-hub-parent.groovy?

@ogiewon would know for certain, but I think those changes have been merged already into the "Master" branch Logitech-Harmony-Hub driver -- so the driver you downloaded already has them.

OK, I will do a look and see and then ask @ogiewon if necessary. Thanks for your help!

Those changes have already been merged into the main code base. Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

A weird one @ogiewon - but i've noticed on my dashboard I have 2 switches for 2 "activites" so I can tell whats going on at home when im not there. Since the 30-9-19 (thats how we do the date here) was the last activity this driver has seen. Im in a house of 5 ppl so thats not really the case.
I didnt have time to test anything this morning, but will look at it tonight. The only thing ive changed is updating to 2.1.5 HE.
I will check the hub firmware, the driver/app firmware and try and get to the bottom of it tonight.

Working fine here.

1 Like

I ended up running the initialize and the websocket closed and opened and the activity started reporting again.

1 Like