[RELEASE] Lights on Motion Plus (dim before off, remember individual bulb states, etc.)

If you are manually installing, I'd make sure you're using the correct "raw" URLs and not the "pretty"/formatted URL from GitHub. These, in order, should be the ones:

1. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RMoRobert/Hubitat/master/apps/LightsOnMotionPlus/LightsOnMotionPlusParent.groovy
  2. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RMoRobert/Hubitat/master/apps/LightsOnMotionPlus/LightsOnMotionPlus5.groovy

If not, maybe try rebooting the hub and trying again? Also, make sure that you're in "Apps Code" (not "Drivers Code") and have only one copy of both the parent ("Lights on Motion Plus") and child ("Lights on Motion Plus (Child App) 5"; you may have a 4.x or earlier version too if you want but only one parent) code.

Same issue, very odd. Tried rebooting and still no use. Tried both importing the URL and pasting and saving the code but doesn't want to work either. By manual installation are you inferring there's an alternate way of installing? Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes, he is. You can install it (and many other apps) with the Hubitat Package Manager. It will also keep apps updated for you.

1 Like

Dang. I don't know how you do it, but you really have more energy and output than any person or android that I can think of. Really cool, and thanks for the update!!

1 Like

Did you install the "parent" app first?

Yep I've got HPM. Searched there initially but couldn't/can't find it in there. Feel like i'm missing something obvious.

Sure did. Or tried to, at least :\

1 Like

My apologies, I thought it was on there, but it is not. You are installing under "Apps Code"?

Yep definitely. Same process i've used to install every other app, only this one has this particular error. Could potentially have something to do with the most recent firmware update. Weird.

1 Like

I am also getting "Unknown exception occured while saving App code"

Hubitat Elevation® Platform Version2.2.3.135
Hardware Version Rev C-7

Do other apps save fine? I tested adding this app code to a hub (not a C-7) that didn't already have it and was able to do so successfully. I'm not sure if the problem above could actually be related to the app code--seems like something might be going on on the hub--but if anyone figures anything out here, I'd be curious.

@bertabcd1234 FYI the parent code is also failing to save for me on the C7, child imports and saves fine. Same error as above. Very well could be a C7 issue, my C5 is having issues at the moment or I would try to import/save on that hub as well.

Hmm. If the parent code isn't there, I don't think the child apps should save (it should complain that it can't find the parent). :thinking:

So I still had the previous version on this hub, but wasn't actively using. Once removing that old code (both parent and child), the child code no longer saves. Parent produces the same error though.

Unknown exception occured while saving App code

If you're not actively using any version, I don't suppose it matters, though my suggested upgrade path was updating the parent code and adding the child code as a new app. With everything gone, though, I'm not sure why it would be complaining about anything. The child not saving makes sense, though. Sorry I don't have good answer for the rest! (Maybe overnight maintenance will do something here that will help?)

Yep no worries, I was just giving it a test in the event it's a platform issue. Given multiple people report the same error and the code loads fine on an older hub, I'd take an educated guess that it could be a bug in the underlying platform.

EDIT: My C5 is back up and tested the import, it also fails to save with the same error. So what I said above may be incorrect.

Updated to latest version: 2.2.3.142
Still getting "Unknown exception occured while saving App code" when trying to install parent app from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RMoRobert/Hubitat/master/apps/LightsOnMotionPlus/LightsOnMotionPlusParent.groovy

I’m also seeing the same error when trying save the app code. (On C-7 with 2.2.3.142)

I'm not able to reproduce this on any of my hubs. Just curious, did you follow the upgrade instructions (update parent code in place, add v5 child as new app, and keep 4.x child app unless you don't have any 4.x child apps) if you are/were using v4, or is this a totally new install? I'm still not sure what an app could do to cause this error when saving, though. :thinking:

I am trying a fresh install (never had the app installed) on a C5 running 2.2.3.135.
I tried to import from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RMoRobert/Hubitat/master/apps/LightsOnMotionPlus/LightsOnMotionPlusParent.groovy When I tried to save the code I received this error:

Unknown exception occured while saving App code

Hope this helps.

I was able to reproduce this on a new install on a C-4. If anything, it seems that the app-code saving is immune to this problem once you get it saved successfully. I'm still not sure why it's happening (did they change something recently?), but I just uploaded a change that may fix this (and unless I made a typo should still let you see 4.x child apps if you have those, though in that case you were unlikely to have this problem in the first place since you should have in-place-updated the parent app).

2 Likes