[RELEASE] Lighting Group Controller

Hi Everyone,

for a while I have been trying to work out the best way to Group my lights with physical buttons to turn them on/off set different settings based on button pressed and time of day etc.

Im posting here about this app as i finally feel like I'm at a point where i have achieved the goals I set out with!

What Can It Do?

• Quick Setup
  • Controls Brightness, Color Temperature and Color
  • Can disable different Lights at different Times of day (when the on button is pressed) - For instance I like to have all of the lights on including the Ceiling Light during the day, but Turn it off at night and only have the up lighters on.
  • Dim and Brighten by holding buttons (on controllers with 4 or more buttons)
  • Set up a "scene" to run when quick pressing Dim or Brighten Buttons
  • Snapshot current lighting conditions for either Top level settings or Timed Settings - This is great! ask google set set some lights to specific brightness, set some colours, turn off the over head light, make sure its all haw you like it and then snapshot that for your evening "scene"

So How Does it Work?
To get yourself up and Running you simply select a push button device to control the lights and the light devices you wish to control.

at this point you now have a simple switch, from here the possibilities are endless!
Set your top level settings with a nice default.
Next setup some "scenes" for when turning the lights on in the evening
Next (on a 4 or more button controller) set some button overrides to (for instance) always jump to full brightness when quick pressing the brighten button.

This app was previously Physical Light Controller, don't worry if you are already using this, i have provided an upgrade path, which should get you moved right over to this new version!

What Hardware Should I Use?
I have been using this with mostly hue dimmers, they are great and relatively inexpensive, i also have a few Xiaomi buttons, they work great too!
In terms of bulbs i have a mix of some smart plugs, some brightness only, some color temperature, and some color bulbs. these can all be mixed and matched with the app and work well together.

Im in! how do i get it?
The easiest way is to find it on Hubitat Package Manager, you should be able to find it by searching for Lighting Group Controller and then scrolling down until you see "Lighting Group Controller by Eliot Stocker"

but if you prefer the manual way, please install both manager.groovy and button-setup.groovy from my github repo here:

Show Me!

3 Likes

I'm getting the following error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: invalid time value on line 594 (method prefInit)

I'm trying to group 6 Innr flood bulbs and control them with a Hue Dimmer.
Thanks!