[RELEASE] Life360 with States - Track all attributes with app and driver. Also supports RM4 and Dashboards!

I am very sorry if this is duplicate - I tried to search this thread...

I have installed the driver code from Ported folder - installed the Ldriver and Lapp - then activated the app - it allows me to login to life360 and then it gives me a DONE button to press and thats it. No circle selection that I see in others posts here.

Am I supposed to only install the driver from Ported folder - and then install the Life360 Tracker parent and child app from the Apps folder?

thanks, TODDL

Looks like new users won't have their places detected by Life360 with States. It finds my circle, but nothing comes up for the places. I saw similar users mentioning it about the built in life360 app, you needed to go to the site before the app would detect your places, and now this is no longer possible...

Same thing happened to me when I accidently put in the wrong password... double check that.

Been using this app/driver combo for a while, thanks to all for the hard work. Wanted to share some of my code 'alterations' I did to create a second basic tile. I've also added the lock attribute for other uses in Node-Red. My basic tile looks like this:
Hubitat-Dashboard-Tile

The look-feel of this tile is directly inspired by mrloofer's AT_Presence solution when I was a lost soul using Smartthings/Webcore prior to Hubitat. I wanted to keep the presence tile the family was used to.

The only relavant CSS used in my dashboard's Advanced->CSS file is .tile{text-shadow:none} as I prefer not to have text-shadow in my dashboards - flat GUI fan.

Thanks again for such a great Life360 interface apps and drivers!

Same for me.

Life360 (Free) is installed and working on my phone.
Tried this app using my email and 100% sure the password is correct as it finds my circle but nothing for locations.

Exactly the same as the built in-app and you can't fix it as the web logon for Life360 has been removed.

Am I doing something wrong!
Does anyone have a workaround if it's not me!

Cheers

1 Like

in the phone app, on the places tab, have you added a place, call it something like "Home" for your home?

Yes, I have and its Called "Home"

Notice on the far right of 'Home' there is a little 'Bell' icon. Click that to highlight it. That is the Notification on/off icon. Only the places that have this turned on will show up in Life360 with States (same goes for the built-in app). Right now you have none turned on, so nothing will show in 'Locations'.

Ok Thanks for the Clue. Solved it.

1/ Impossible to Activate the "Bell" Icon on your own.
2/ Join someone else to your circle then you/they activate the bell. (Then you can remove them if you wish).

So someone else has to be joined before you can activate the bell!

Its all up and running now. Thanks for your help

As a side note: Pretty sure this fix will work for the built-in Life360 app as well.

1 Like

I came here to request the same thing, multiple circles. Scrolled up till I found this post. Is this a feature that will be supported in the future? Thanks!

@bptworld Just wanted to say thanks for the work on this. I finally decided to add this back to our Hubitat and its been working really cool. Only using the free version but its cool to see the stats of each of us moving around. Took some time to sort out how to get exactly what I wanted and layed out, the CSS code was a bit of here and there stuff to make it happen.

PS: Even the wife thinks its cool...

1 Like

Hi,

just wondering if I'm missing something obvious.. trying to determine how useful the displayed data is, but can't seem to find a decent way.

As a test, I've had data/wifi disabled on the phone for a good while. Yet still these highlighted figures don't look any different to me. Seems it's quite difficult to tell the difference between when a user actually sends any info to to Life360 or whether there's been no signal/updates for ages.

Any ideas please? Ta!

Looking at the code... I thought I had something, but no, sadly not. Might need to wait for Bryan to come back from vacation.

1 Like

That said, watching the device edit page and the live updates coming through, the tile attribute and the lastUpdated attributes only seem to be about 30 seconds apart at any one time, they both appear to move forward at roughly the same time. So I suspect they are being updated regularly like you would want, probably just one trying to be read before it has finished being written, so not a major issue I would think.

While I'm here, a small request I've been thinking about is....

It would be nice to have the avatar able to be represented as a circular image, much like the avatar on the Community pages. Looks like there is a radius setting in CSS, hopefully there is something we could introduce when producing the tile? Maybe even with a preference setting to turn it on or off...

Not really sure how it works. But the top and bottom is that the life360 device isn't getting any info (can't - internet is disabled) but the values above keep updating. Beats me :smiley:

Ok, starting to get what you mean, internet is switched off for the hub and your phone, or at least one of them, but the tile / lastUpdated appears like it is getting updates, but would be preferable for it to indicate it has lost comm's in some way, either between the HE hub and Life360 and/or Phone and Life360 servers?

Bingo. At the minute, it could show that the user is still at a particular location, when in fact the last signal was received 3 days ago :smiley:

I've set up a traffic-light style button for now to show whether the location has changed at all recently (green = recent change... Amber... 5 mins ago... Red... More than 10 mins ago).

2 Likes

Life360 with States simply retrieves the data that is available on the Life360 servers. There is no way to tell if a phone is actually still sending data. The only way to tell how current the data may be is the 'Since' field. ie. since : 1629387211 This is the Unix time stamp that my driver converts to 'Since: Thu 11:33 AM'

Nice work around. I may add something like this in the future.

This downloads the image from Life360, upload a circular image in the Life360 app and that's what will be displayed.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments =)

Makes sense. Ta!