[RELEASE] Life360 Tracker - Works with the Life360+ app!

New version on Github...

Parent:
V1.0.4 - 08/06/19 - Just changed some wording

Child:
V1.2.7 - 08/06/19 - Changed trigger from lastLocationUpdate to address1. Changed the 'Free' version to use the two places from Life360 (Home, Work) and combine them with 'My Places'. If using the 'free' version be sure to remove any 'my places' that reference Home or Work. It also 'skips' the first on the move message so it doesn't state just departed and then immediately say moving near.

1 Like

Arrival and Departure push has stopped working in this version. On the move works.
Logs to follow in PM

New version on Github...

V1.2.8 - 08/10/19 - Changes to try and fix 'Track All' issues. Added 'Places Not Allowed' Alerts.

Needs testing! :wink:

New exception

app:41612019-08-11 11:35:58.283 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method contains() on null object on line 321 (userHandler)

Did you go into each child app and re-save? Needs to populate that object. Adding more code to stop this.

thanks

edit:

Please give the new version a try @doug

V1.2.9 - 08/11/19 - Fix for 'Places Not Allowed'

1 Like

New version on Github...

V1.3.0 - 08/15/19 - Changed trigger back to lastLocationUpdate. Working on Departure delay.

I updated the app, added the 2 drivers and loaded the user app but am still getting these errors.

dev:2612019-08-26 10:25:51.648 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_BPTWorld_Life360_User_386.extraInfo() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.Long, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.Float, java.lang.Float, java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Integer, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [Home, No Data, 75, false, 1566822329, false, false, -27.215593, ...] (extraInfo)

dev:2622019-08-26 10:25:52.512 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_BPTWorld_Life360_User_386.extraInfo() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.Long, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.Float, java.lang.Float, java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Integer, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [Home, No Data, 99, false, 1566821735, false, false, -27.215525, ...] (extraInfo)

deleted the app, reloaded it all, went to login and get this error now
2019-08-26 10:34:21.094 pm errorLife360 initializeLife360Connection, error: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

app:5862019-08-26 10:45:00.957 pm errorjava.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out on line 172 (listCircles)

*** deleted everything, rebooted, reinstalled everything. Now it seems to work again.**
Wouldnt of touched it if I didnt see the errors in the log though

Hopefully some helpful info. I was getting an error about this line:

TRACKER CHILD APP:
427: int timeMoving = timeMove * 60

Ended up realizing that timeMove was a required input...however if you don't select any alert for moving, either speak, or log/etc then that number never gets filled out. By simply selecting LOG and saving the child app it solved the issue. Maybe a default of "timeMove" in case no one ever selects it.

Thanks. I'll take a look.

Edit: New version on github...

V2.0.1 - 09/06/19 - Fixed bug with timeMove

WOW, that was quick! :rocket:

1 Like

While we are at it. :slight_smile: I can't get my child tracker to work. I have a Child Tracker app that all I need is for it to turn on a switch when a user arrives at a place. In the logs I see the travelling, I see the updates. However it seems when they finally arrive at the place...the updates stop. For time to be considered at place I have 3 minutes. However after a minute and a half of them being there the updates stopped coming in. I'm thinking without the next update it can't do the math to figure out the 3 minutes has elapsed. Anyway I can help diagnose this?

I currently have a rule checking the attribute of the user and comparing that to a string that does do what I need...so I've worked around it. Just thought I'd bring it up.

Check the Life360 device and see if the current data is coming into there. The app can only read what Life360 with states is providing. If there is no current data, then something may be up with that phone/life360 combo (maybe going to sleep).

Hope this helps

You've been doing a great job on this Bryan - thanks,

2 Likes

It is. In the logs of the user device I see the address updates. Once a user arrives at the location, those address updates stop. Then the logging just continues to show "not present" until the next "moving" updates. Does that make sense? Once the user starts moving again the address updates start again.

Those "not present" messages just continue with nothing else. Until the user leaves the place.

Right, so you are saying that Life360 itself stops updating? If you go into Life360 on your phone, does the location match what's in HE?.

BTW, the events log doesn't show me anything (sorry!). I need to see Why not just When something happened. Only way to see that is a debug log. :wink:

No, the app itself stays current. While I don't right now have copies of the debug logs. I can tell you what happened. I saw the logs as she was driving, the logs were showing the movement. Then once the logs showed she had arrived AT school. The debug logs stopped. She's still there...the debug log only shows this now:

However, tell me what you want turned on and I'll do it. Just debug logs for that user?

So this is just for one user in your house? Definitely a phone issue then. But again I would need to see a debug log... not a big white box. :wink:

Well yes...BUT I only have a Tracker app for 1 user so I never tried it with another. I will turn on debug logging for that user and collect them. Thanks! And sorry I didn't have more info.

Hi all. I have just seen this thread and I have installed the app.
I am using the free version of Life360 and have installed the latitude and Longtitude of 3 locations.
I have defined a new virtual presence sensor and defined that in the app.
The problem I'm having is nothing is happening. Life360 is working OK as it is setting my status to away/home OK.
Any ideas what I'm missing to get this to work?
I have set it to send push notifications on arrival and departure.

I would need to see a debug log please