[RELEASE] Kuna Lights Controls

HI Al
I've finally gotten around to a bit of cleanup and documentation on my Kuna light package. This allows your Kuna lights to integrate (as on/off switches) into Hubitat. Additionally you can enable/disable the Kuna (phone) notification system (which is useful if you want to get alerts on your phone when you are away from home but wasn't to silence them when you are at home)

It's worked well for me for a while now but, as always in a new release, there are probably problems.

Instructions are in the github repo but basically install the app and the device driver and then run the app to add your lights. If it seems to be working smoothly I'll eventually merge it into the excellent Hubitat Package Manager

https://github.com/loghound/hubitat/tree/master/kuna

2 Likes

Reserved

Awesome! Got it added up and controlling on off. Pretty awesome the amount of info it pulls from the Kuna servers there.

Only thing I've had an issue with is controlling from my dashboard. Tried bulb and tried switch there. It seems to send the trigger, but doesn't want to update the current status of the light. But I'll say it could be my network, I keep getting disconnect from the camera when trying to view it, I need to tweak my WiFi a bit still.

Hello @loghound
First of all, I wanted to say thank you for the app and driver.
Installed all works , as per documentation.

Now, I'm going to see how I can make use of this. In the past, we have just used Kuna to send us a notification if anyone is at the front door - but it doesn't come in a timely manner for us to turn on the back and forth speech from the device....

sadly notifications through hubitat don't work and probably never will. I don't even think they support notifications through IFTTT

As i mentioned you can control lights (on off) and you can globally enable your phone notifications (e.g. what Kuna sends out) -- I use the later to turn them on when my wife and I are both gone and off when we are at home.

@loghound, is there any possibility for the cameras to be integrated?

1 Like

Just found this app. Thank you! Also just found the url to pull the current camera image if you are authenticated. Have not had a chance to look at the code yet.

https://server.kunasystems.com/api/v1/cameras/"serial_number"/thumbnail/

Looks like the guy over here got Kuna thumbnails to be populated consistently

Anyone with more experience able to port this to Hubitat?

I'm trying this (and substituting my Kuna device serial #) but getting an empty frame instead of an image ... it looks like I'm not authenticated? But this is after signing into the Kuna website, so I thought I should be authenticated.

Can anyone who has this working confirm if I'm following the correct steps?
Thanks!

I'm having the same issue. Dashboard icon just displays an hourglass after I try to turn it on or off. Any fixes for this?

Trying going to https://server.kunasystems.com first. It should ask for authentication again.

Thank you, that worked. I was signing into my.getkuna.com.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.