[Under New Management] iRobot Scheduler

Personally want to thank @dman2306 for the extensive testing to squash bugs.

1.3.1 - finalized logic fixes for unique use case scenarios (thx dman2306 for being a patient tester)

Hello, after a year with the 980 that I got on the release date(sep 2015), I changed to Neato, now with the release of the upgraded Neato clone, the roomba s9, I came back to irobot but I got the braava m6 too. I miss the laser of Neato, one of the reasons I left roomba was neato can clean on total darkness, but with the s9+ and m6 linked cleaning, I sacrificed the darkness cleaning for the comfort of not mopping. I always do the cleaning during the night(not the bedrooms). Now the question is, with this integration, can I setup some kind of rule in RM to turn on some lights then turn off them after cleaning ends?

Thanks.

Yes you should be able to monitor the switch on/off status. While Roomba is cleaning it’s device is on. All other activities (docking, charging, stopped and error) the switch will be off. You could also use RM against the custom attribute for cleaning status.

1 Like

Excellent! I was reading the rpi part of the installation and it looks confusing to me, I will try to install it. Thank you.

1 Like

New challenge, this doesn't currently work with Braava mops... I'm going to work on that!

Really? Interesting let me know if I can assist. :grin:

Yup. The json is different. For example it’s a mop so it doesn’t have a bin... almost have it working.

2 Likes

Nice, I didn't installed it yet because I have the m6 and it doesn't works, thanks.

I’m testing with an m6.so far so good. I should have it working by next weekend.

It seems to be working for me if you want to try out Hubitat/Roomba at braava · dcmeglio/Hubitat · GitHub and let me know how it goes. Wouldn't mind someone else giving it a test before I submit a pull request!

1 Like

There is one cool feature of the built in roomba app that I'm trying to find a way to reproduce with your app... Basically, I want to vacuum first, then run the mop. This is built in functionality of the iOS app. It doesn't appear that I can:

1.) Not specify a schedule, looks like I have to specify at least one day/time
2.) Trigger a switch when the vacuum finishes so that I can kick off the mop

Thoughts on something like that?

Are you using another instance of Rest980 for the Brava using a different port? If so I could create a custom command for Brava devices to watch for a specified Roomba device to finish. Let me noodle based on your answer.

Yup. I am running it on the same pi but on 3001.

Be careful with the moping robot... it can’t detect stairs and will fall right off. I haven’t even used my moping robot yet because my basement isn’t ready yet. I won’t run it upstairs cuz it’ll fall right off my staircase.

Interesting detail, I had the 380t and it has stairs sensor, never tried the m6 near stairs yet... thanks

I have the 380t! It does?! I thought I had read it doesn’t have sensors for stairs. Maybe I’m misinformed then. Thank you for the reply.

They have 2 sensors, but I believe if you stretch the pad to much it will not work, not sure

1.3.2 - Added basic support for Braava m6 (supports notifications for tank being empty instead of bin being full) - thanks @dman2306

@aaron

Your app has worked spot on for quite some time now. I do have a request (if possible). I am using a workaround using RM, but would like to have it natively in the app.

I have three bedrooms and a bathroom that I do not use my Roomba in. It has thick carpet and there is usally something laying on the floor and such that she gets stuck on. Anyways long story short, I have contact sensors on each of these doors. I have triggers in RM on each of the 4 doors that basically turns on/off a virtual switch that is used to Restrict Cleaning Schedule in your app. So if all doors are closed, the switch is off and Roomba runs on schedule and/or presence. However, if a door is left open, the switch is on and restricts Roomba.

My question is there a chance you could add contact sensors to restrictions and if one is "open", the app will not run???

Thanks,

Scott

Edit: I have tried to "restrict" her entry into these rooms using the maps that the Roomba app creates, but they look nothing like real life. I am still trying to figure that out :smile:

1.3.3 - changed app name to iRobot Scheduler and added contact sensors for cleaning schedule restrictions

@spalexander68 - please give a try and report back if there are any issues.