[RELEASE] Inovelli Device Drivers

I think we need to back up a bit here. the dimmer child devices are for setting default dimmer levels and one for disabling local control thats it. Furthermore the child devices are created in the dimmer driver preferences, you do not create them yourself.

It sounds to me that you are talking about wanting a double tap to activate a scene. this is something different, am i correct?

I was attempting to do this with the non dimmer scene switch and using the child driver (without the level wording)

Once I tried on the dimmer switch, I got two child devices created (one for local and one for zwave) I think I am on the right track now. Wonder why the non dimmable switch doesn’t seem to work.

Just need to play with it some more to fully understand its potential.

Yeah, I’d like to get the double tap , triple tap etc.. working. I assume these are treated as buttons. I see them in the events, but when I create a rule to perform a task based on the “taps”, it doesn’t seem to react to them.

It looks like both scene enabled switches (dimmer and on/off) use the same child device driver "switch level child device". It just creates the child devices based on the toggled setting in the switch driver preferences.

As far as the tapping goes certain taps correspond to a "button".

2 taps UP on the switch registers as button number 2 PUSHED in the button controller app.

2 taps DOWN on the switch registers as number 2 button HELD in the button controller app.

And so on...

Just dont use button 1 it is obviously reserved for the OEM

1 Like

What are the chances Inovelli will be supported natively on HE?

I've talked about it in the past, but it has kind of been put on the back burner. I'm 100% ready to make any adjustments the Hubitat team sees fit in order to get them there.

@mike.maxwell @bravenel @patrick Sorry - I'm not sure who to tag, but I'd love it if Inovelli devices were natively supported. It looks like there's a desire on the Inovelli side to play nice with Hubitat, perhaps?

1 Like

Actually, I just reached out to @mike.maxwell. Our office was supposed to send him out some samples and seems like they haven't. I'll ask them again to send them out.

6 Likes

Thank you!!! Would love to have this native!

2 Likes

Sorry for the "Me too"... But me too! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My house is full of these switches and dimmers, they work wonderful, and when they dont inovelli is right there to help, it would be great to see them native

Any movement on this? I've seen an increased number of issues with my switches and with them not being officially supported...that's not helping.

Does anyone else have the dimmers reporting off/on multiple times? I've had it cause some serious loops in Motion Lighting.

Hey @jrfarrar -- I'll personally check on this tomorrow. I know some were sent maybe two weeks ago (or at least were supposed to). Feel free to PM me as well if I get side-tracked, but I've sent an email to our internal customer service guy to double-check what was sent.

Sorry for the confusion here. Eric M. has definitely asked us a few times about this.

Eric
Founder | Inovelli

1 Like

Inovelli Christmas showed up today, so we'll get to these, I have a huge backlog currently...

7 Likes

@Eric_Inovelli

Ive been using the NZW97 to control my garage doors but seeing the following error in the logs coming from the driver. It still seems to be working but this error keeps repeating in the log and thought I would report it.

I'm using the latest hub firmware.

Interesting, do you know if you have an association for group 2 that is set to the hub node id (1)?

BasicSet shouldn't be sent to group 1 and I will probably just remove that parsing method as it isn't needed.

I've never messed with the associations on zwave. I do everything through the hub. So basically add to the hub and use. Not sure though if this could have happened some way.

I do see that you made an update to the driver. Going to give that a try and see.

The update didn't fix it. You have to add one more parameter. Not sure what the integer value is for though. But this handles the event.

def zwaveEvent(hubitat.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicSet cmd, Integer value)

Eric you need to put the mportURL in the meta for drivers.
For apps the importURL can be in the your credits/license.

definition (
        name: "Shelly ${deviceType()}",
		namespace: "sgrayban",
		author: "Scott Grayban",
		importUrl: "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sgrayban/Hubitat-Ports/master/Drivers/Shelly/Shelly-RGBW2.groovy"
		)

Yeah, I put the importUrl in before it was specified to put it into the meta information. Back in the day you had to copy & paste it into the import text field.

I will update them as soon as I get the chance.

1 Like

Strange, that update should have removed the error and replaced it with:

Unhandled Z-wave event

I chose that route rather than parsing it since it isn't used.