Release ical viewer (alpha)

Rebooted the c7 and its working,, don't know what was going on their

Perhaps you could store the list in a CSV on the Hub, there's typically plenty of space left over on people's Hub's I would expect, and as long as it is relatively simple info you want to keep. Would certainly want to warn / ask the user to accept storing the info in plain text, for those security conscious...

But it would provide a local storage option without the limitations a device / attributes impose. I'm wondiering whether you could also store a copy of the calendar events in pre-formatted HTML on the hub storage and render that in an iFrame.... Is that possible....

Does the calendar need to be public for this to work?

Actually, got it to work using the private / public URL.

Nice job. Looking forward to future enhancements. Main thing I would be looking for, which looks like is already on the cards, if that separation of the presentation (tile) and the data, opening up other presentation options to format / style things differently based on personal preference. As well as the option to use the calendar entries in rules of course.

I'm no programmer, so might have to leave enhancements to people like @bptworld who knows what their doing. I'm happy to coordinate updates or someone take it on and develop it under their own name.

I only did basic font-size as it was very heavy on the character count, did have bold for the date, but with only 3 or 4 entries it had busted the count

The WAF was low after I spent around 2 full days welded to the computer, something about not spending time with her and the kids (I wasn't paying attention)

2 Likes

Assuming your calendar is on Google, calendar events can be triggered with this solution:

2 Likes

That is a great solution and very powerful but requires setting up the Google Console, which to a lot of people is just too much. This literally just takes a copy and paste of one line from the Google Calendar setting page.

Very interested to see where @mark.cockcroft and @thebearmay take this!

Also offering to help anyway I can. :wink:

2 Likes

All @mark.cockcroft's inspiration, blood, sweat, and tears on this one. I've just been hanging around and throwing some code at the wall to see what sticks if he gets stuck. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It should just work, that's the whole point of hub mesh. I'll take a look.

Looks like a reboot solved it...

@gopher.ny just rebooted the c7 and it worked. Didn't change anything...

Yeah, all of our calendars are on iCloud and I don’t want to bother trying to sync them/copy them with gcal.

multiple calendar support,

3 Likes

does anyone know if their is a string length max for preferences?
Im trying to add a third ical address but getting a 500 error, works fine with 2

1. If you add the preference but leave it blank do you get the 500?
  2. if you use the value for the second iCal in the third slot do you get an error?

if i have nothing in it it's ok
if i have one ical string it it works
if i have two icals strings separated with a ";" it works
add a 3rd and it gives a 500 error on saving.

tried using diffent combinations of the 3 strings to see if it was one particular but all work on their own or as a pair but not as a 3sum

>1024 characters or embedded spaces?

dont know, need to recrete it and count it in word

why dons this work, i know im repeating but it still should work, it runs upto and including log.debug "filltered" then throws org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.util.ArrayList.values() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: plus(java.lang.Object), plus(java.lang.Iterable), plus(java.lang.Object), plus(java.lang.Object), plus(java.util.Collection), plus(java.lang.Iterable) (getdata)

iCalMap.event = iCalMap.event.values()sort{ a, b -> a.start <=> b.start} //sort the data
log.debug "sorted"
iCalMap.event = iCalMap.event.unique()
log.debug "filltered"
iCalMap.event = iCalMap.event.values()sort{ a, b -> a.start <=> b.start} //sort the data
iCalMap.event = iCalMap.event.unique()
log.debug "fileter sorted again"

edit 3 icals

code to split

try {
        icalinks = icalink.split(";")
        icalinks.each { it ->

Looks like maybe an empty list.... What does iCalMap.event.size() return?