[RETIRED] hubiVue iOS, Android, Amazon & Web Dashboard App

You're right ! I did the update on google play but I don't know why it was not 1.1.3. Redid it and now it works. Thank you.

1 Like

@gslender : It's nice playing around with your app. Using another app I was able to include Hubitat Safety Monitor on the dashboard. Any idea how I can manage my Ring Alarm using your app ?

@bravenel is HSM something that MakerAPI can control/monitor? If not, can you add that? If yes, @jbilodea you should have everything you need already - I’ve not played with HSM so don’t really know why you can’t just create a virtual switch device to arm/disarm??

EDIT: Just saw that you have a forum, I'll move my stuff there sorry.

1 Like

Virtual switch

For now, I'm just comparing this tool with another one before deciding which one to use. With the other one I can use directly HSM, no need for a virtual switch.

Yes, I can add support for HSM - but currently it would require a switch

1 Like

hubiVue v1.1.5 Build 268 has been released to Apple AppStore, Google Play, and Amazon App Store, PLUS releases for Windows and Mac Os have been uploaded

2 Likes

hubiVue v1.1.6 Build 273 has been released to Apple AppStore, Google Play, and Amazon App Store, PLUS releases for Windows and Mac Os have been uploaded to the hubiVue.com website.

1 Like

You should list change logs in here

1 Like

That's cool but I'm a Linux guy. Will Linux be supported as well?

If you use the android emulator you could load it up

I have a web version almost ready to launch, and that’s how we will support any other platforms beyond the 5 that we already support.

Fair enough

Linux could be supported though, and we'd do that via https://snapcraft.io/ - do you think you can wrangle up 3-4 Linux users who would help test and use the app?

As requested, have updated the posts and will continue to do that going forward.

2 Likes

I appreciate the offer but most Linux users I know detest Snap. Thanks anyway.

I don't detest snap and I'm not afraid of it either. I choose not to publish using snap because I don't like the T&C. Using vs publishing. @gslender - I can help test on Linux and depending on the technologies, some development too.

No worries - I think the challenges we would have is the open/unlimited nature that is the Linux community, making any target very difficult to lock down without making the app open source etc... I'm sure someone would eventually complain about the use of GTK or needing to support their fav package manager etc.

And so probably why Web will be the best option, as it's a fairly common standard that all platforms have stayed fairly consistent in terms of universal support. The beta version of the web app seems to be working fine - just waiting on some backend MakerAPI changes that the HE team are looking at.... so won't be too far away :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope you're all okay with using Chrome on Linux - or at least a browser that uses the Blink Chromium engine.

1 Like

What about a flatpak version for linux instead of snap. It would reach beyond ubuntu users.