[RELEASE] HubiThings Replica

I don't think there is a replica driver completed for smoke/CO detectors available yet. Right now, I am in the middle of moving, and it will probably be a couple of weeks before I have time to develop on the platform.

Q: Any reason you are keeping these with ST and not moving them to HE? I had three of these on HE prior to the move, and they performed well.

Anyway, if you can wait, I can work on it when things are not in pieces.

Good point. I think I will just move them to Hubitat. Thanks

Thanks so much for this, I have everything functioning perfectly, with one challenge.

I can't control the range's oven light from Rule Machine. It works as expected from the device page, or a button on the dashboard. For my microwave hood, the light can be set from the 'actuator' function, but the range doesn't have that.
Looking in the Hubithings rule section, I don't see a command for 'setbrightnesslevel' or similar.

Is anyone controlling the light this way, and how did you do it?

What Replica driver are you using for this?

I'm using the ReplicaSamsungOven, installed and updated from HPM. The ReplicaSamsungOvenCavity child is installed as well, but that doesn't have light controls.

Contact @djgutheinz or review the updates in his support forum channel. He supports that solution.

I have reinstalled Replica, and get a fail when I try to configure API. I have deleted and regenerated the Smartthings token with no success there. What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Here are some recent log entries after soft reset.

Hi @bloodtick_Jones

First of all I want to congratulate you on the HubiThings Replica, excellent, great immediate control of Samsung appliances.

I would like to make a request if possible.

I worked for a while with @djgutheinz to improve the drive that controlled air conditioning (Samsung HVAC 1.2.9), and one facility he had implemented was x_hubitat_extra_attributes.lightStatus and x_hubitat_extra_commands.setPanelLight, which allowed we to know the status and turn the air conditioning display on and off.

This is very useful for those who want to leave the room dark at night.

Please, would it be possible to restore this functionality in the Replica Samsung OCF AirCon drive?

Thank you very much.

Have you solved this problem? I installed Replica for the first time today, generated the API token and am receiving the same error message. Not sure why.

I had only selected Devices when requesting the PAT. FOr some reason this wasn not enough. I sselected more authorization options and it wored fine. Not sure which one solved it.

1 Like

I have not solved it yet. I did try adding more options with no success, but I may go now and experiment with adding more. Thanks for your input.

Yes. I went back and selected all of the options in the PAT, then it gave me access.
Thanks much sedonarider.

1 Like

Still getting my feet under me after moving household and getting 10+ years of things back in place. I will take a look and see what is possible, but will take some time to respond back on this request.

3 Likes

Good morning
I have read this entire post and I am very impressed with your knowledge. Thank you very much for sharing your work with us. Congratulations!!
The app works perfectly, I had a few devices that were left on the Smartthings hub; now, they are all accessible via Hubitat. I would like to know why the app limits it to 20 devices.
Thanks again!

Hi Grimard,

While there is a 30 device limit per Oauth (a restriction imposed by SmartThings), HubiThings Replica allows you to configure multiple Oauth applications with as many as 30 subscribed devices each, so you can add as many devices as necessary.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 07-01-30 HubiThings Replica

While there is no formal limit on the number of SmartThings devices you can connect to Hubitat via HubiThings Replica, from a practical standpoint, too many devices —or too many noisy devices, such as energy monitoring plugs—could potentially impact hub performance.

I hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Hi, tanks a lot for the answer!

Hi, I would like to know if I mirrored some hubitat devices on ST hub, if I could be able to use the healthstatus capability of those devices? On hubitat, this capability is not there and I would like to use it so I would like to know if ST hub could read those capability or if its just returning the capabality as the Hubitat hub read it... I have some ST devices that are mirored on hubitat hub and those capability works fine so just asking!
Thanks!

The healthStatus is one way only from SmartThings (ST -> HE). There is no HE -> ST solution since as you state, HE doesn't support this attribute in its native drivers. The topic has been discussed with Hubitat support a couple of times, but really went nowhere. Not sure why this concept is so difficult, but not my circus, and not my monkeys.

To add to a community driver, you only need to add to the metadata section and then some logic to set:

attribute "healthStatus", "enum", ["offline", "online"]

1 Like

thanks, its as I tough :slight_smile: yes I made a request for it to be added to native but not sure if it will be done (I must not be the first one). For the line of code to add it to drivers, I add the capability "HealthCheck" to metadata with the attribute "healthStatus", "enum", ["offline", "online"] but I cannot see the capability so it must missed something to update it. Since I m not a dev (make my best to learn but...) I cannot make it works for now.