[RELEASE] HubiThings Replica

@Bloodtick_Jones

Correction on my last post... The cameras and doorbells ARE triggering motion inside ST... There is some issue getting that data to Hubitat through the integration...

I tried something else. I created virtual motion sensors inside ST and then created routines to activate them upon motion from the Ring devices... Those routines worked perfect each time...

I then add those virtual motion sensors to HubiThings and used the replica motion sensor... The motion events did not show up in the HubiThings devices...

So I'm back to thinking it is something in the HubiThings integration... Maybe a setting or something I am not doing right... Although I have deleted, re-added and tried several things with the app...

As a side note, my ST presence sensors are working fine in HubiThings and sending data... Its just not getting motion events...

Do you see the devices 'subscribed' in the OAuth section under status of HubiThings?

They are all subscribed... The actual Ring devices and the virtual motion sensors I created in ST that are also connected to routines in ST. Those routines activate motion on the virtual devices and mirror the Ring devices in ST... I can subscribe to all of them but the devices on my Hubitat hub don't seem to get the motion events...

I anyone else using HubiThings to mirror motion? Maybe there is a specific thing with just that type of event? Like I mentioned, I get presence sensor updates just fine... I don't have much else in ST to play with other than that... I do have a bunch of TV's but I'm using @djgutheinz 's local TV drivers for those...

There shouldn't be any specific, the SmartThings API gives an option to 'subscribe' to all events a device supports. HubiThings uses that by default and your really can't change without changing the Groovy code. I have motion sensors that work fine and that 'test' you did setting this to your device logs that information regardless of the type of event.

Can you setup a virtual switch in ST and toggle that on and off and see it change in HubiThings? If that works (which it should/will) you probably can then trigger that on/off similar to your virtual motion sensors.

Ok, weird test results here...

I created a virtual switch in ST not connected to anything else... I subscribed it in HubiThings and created a "replica switch" mirror device... I did NOT initially enable any logging.... I would switch the virtual switch in ST on and off and got no mirror response in the Hubitat device. I even hit "refresh" the in the Hubitat replica device and it never changed from the off status even though the ST virtual device was on.

I then enabled logging... I unchecked the "disable info logging" and checked the "enable event and status info logging" as you showed above...

I switched the virtual device in ST off and on with no status change on the Hubitat replica switch... However, this time, when I hit refresh from within the replica switch device, the status changes and would match the ST side.... I switch it on/off in ST and nothing changes in the Hubitat device until I manually hit refresh again on the Hubitat device page... A page reload does not change anything... I have to hit "refresh".

When I do hit refresh from the Hubitat device page, it refreshes all the devices I have subscribed to and prints that in the log... Outside of that log entry from the refreshes, no other logging was observed no matter if i had it enabled or disabled...

OAuth appears to be working and I even re-authorized that to be sure... I'm debating removing the entire app and re-installing but don't want to mess up my presence automation...

UPDATE - For anyone who is having issues with this app... After all the tries and messing around with various things, I deleted the replica devices (all of them including the ones that were working) and removed the OAuth child app.... I re-installed it, re-authorized through Samsung and now ALL the devices in ST are working and mirroring to Hubitat correctly...

It was something messed up either with the app or how OAuth was setup or something... Didn't get it working until I deleted and re-installed that portion of the app...

Thanks @Bloodtick_Jones for guiding me through different tries!

1 Like

REPLICA 1.3.12 RELEASE

New release Replica 1.3.12 supporting GitHub issue ticket support for new device requests.

Install instructions here with HPM updated to match.

Replica 1.3.12:

• Bug fix for dup event trigger to different command event (virtual only)
  • GitHub issue ticket support for new device requests

Replica Samsung OCF Microwave Hood 1.3.1:

• New Device Support

Replica Multipurpose Sensor 1.3.2:

• Supports capability "IlluminanceMeasurement"

Replica Location Knob 1.3.5:

• Weather Icon updates

SAMSUNG DRIVERS+ BY DAVE

Please see here for new @djgutheinz device handlers and information. These are available in HPM for installation and updates.

1 Like

@Bloodtick_Jones hey. Just following up if there is any way to turn off the display light from the ac? (my ac is in the bedroom)

Can you go to the new driver development section of the latest Replica and upload the json information for review? The last time I checked there was not a method to modify the display light. This might have changed.

I am able to toggle my Fanimation fan on and off successfully, but I am not able to set the fan speed properly. No matter what value I set it to, it always makes the fan spin very very fast. Is this a known issue? Is there anything useful that I can provide to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance

As I recall, Fanimation is one of SmartThings' integrated services and not driver-based. Assuming you are able to control the speed of the fan through the SmartThings app device page, do you typically set it by changing the Fan Speed (i.e., 1, 2, 3, 4), the Fan Level (i.e., 32%, 66%, 99%), or is some other method or nomenclature involved? If it's one of the first two, have you tried both methods in your Replica device?

If you're still not having success, your next step would likely be to open the HubiThings Replica app and click on "Support for New Device" at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions.

2 Likes

Hi I might have posted this in the wrong section and should have been posted here being it seems related to HubiThings Replica everything seems to be working fine but I noticed an error in my log below not sure what the cause is or what has to be done to fix it any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
John

Ok this app is amazing. I was in the process of migrating to Hubitat from smarthings but there are a couple devices that would have been hard to integrate with hubitat. This bridged that gap for me and it was much appreciated.

2 Likes

Hi Didn't get much for response on this question above for the errors should I just delete the virtual devices and maybe re connect to them to resolve the errors?

What type of virtual device is throwing the error? That does not have a familiar method call of a Replica device driver. Not sure how to help.

Thanks, yes I wasn't sure what the cause was but it some mode switches I set up with HubiThings Replica. What I'm trying to do is use replica with some SmartThings virtual switches that I created in SmartThings for modes such as arm, unarm and Home so that when Hubitat changes modes it replicate in SmartThings, so when Hubitat changes modes to say armed Hubitat would turn the arm switch on in the SmartThings app. Reason is the wife still likes the SmartThings app. it seems to work fine but I get these errors in the log wonder if It should toggle the switch rather than just turn them on when mode changes. Sorry hope what I'm trying to explain makes sense.
Thanks
John

A little confused on your configuration, but you are correct that HubiThings is throwing the error by attempting to call a method on Hubitat that the device does not handle. BUT we should be able to figure it out.

Can you select/find the Hubitat device that is dev:182

If you click on 'dev:182' it should highlight the device name and you can then go to that device and send me the 'Type' of the device to troubleshoot.

Depending on the 'Type' we can change the 'Rules' to select the correct methods in the HubiThings Replica application:

No problem. I used the HubConnect application for years doing exactly the same thing.

Just paying it back to the community with this application. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

delayed response by me, but thanks for your answer.

"have you tried both methods in your Replica device?"

Can you please help me understand exactly how to do this? Thanks in advance!

My apologies for not responding sooner. I've been out of pocket for a few weeks.

In the SmartThings app, go to the device page for your fan and note what controls are provided by the Fanimation service. On the device page for my fans, I have two options to control speed as shown in the image below; (a) a "dimmer" or Level control, or (b) a Fan Speed Control,

These correspond to the controls on the Replica device page in Hubitat:

If your controls don't match either of these options, or don't work for you when you try them, open the HubiThings Replica app and click on "Support for New Device" at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Hello Community. I have several First Alert Smoke CO Detectors configured in ST. I am connecting them to HubiThings ST HUB Replica. Which Hubitat Device Type should I choose in the Replica list?