[RELEASE] HubiThings Replica

Glad that worked. Curious why the API delete didn't work for you. It should have.

On the C8 - I had mine too close to power cables and it would effect the z-wave very negative. I am not an RF expert so didn't pretend to understand why. Make sure no ghost nodes are there but assume you have read that everywhere already.

Thanks for the comments. Yes, you're correct - I don't believe there was anything written on here about the C8 that I've not read and tried. I have no ghost devices and 80% of the Z-wave devices are connected directly. Funny enough, the devices closest to the hub are causing the most issues, changing routes regularly and become unresponsive during that time. I've tried moving the hub around without noticeable improvement.
Good luck.

I used to lead the design of aircraft modification for added receivers/transmitters. I had an Electromagnetic interference / Electromagnetic compatibility team that handled the details, but through osmosis I learned some things. If I was still doing this, I would ask one of these engineers for a free analysis as a favor (sigh).

Here are my thoughts (based on osmosis) on what is happening when upgrading the the C8 with antennae.

• You get more transmission power (which can be adjusted for Zigbee but not Z-Wave).
    • This can interfere with near by receivers (basically jam).
  • C8 near to another system's antenna can also cause near-field antennae effects. Closeness here is likely inches, not feet.
  • You get greater at-antenna sensitivity for the C8 receiver/antenna combo (not adjustable).
    • Easier to get interference (jammed) from other systems too close.
    • Can also be impacted by non-shielded signal and power cables carrying noise.
  • Things to watch out for that may (or may not) cause issues:
    • power cables too close
    • too close to Router, Zigbee/Z-Wave devices (transmitters / nearField antennae effect).
    • Any other transmitter / emitters in the near area of the C8.
    • To close to speaker/TVs, Alexa devices, UPS systems.
3 Likes

I am dead in the water for my SmartThings and HubiThings. I am trying to resolve in SmartThings community - but from a HubiThings perspective,

SmartThings behavior: Unable to control devices. Unable to get list of compatible devices from the App. Tried deleting/reloading application with same result.

Hubitat: I was able to run and reauthorize the O-Auth app - but my device is still listed as unauthorized? Hubitat message when trying to control:
HubiThings Replica asyncHttpPostCallback setSmartDeviceCommand status:408 reason:Certificate for doesn't match any of the subject alternative names: [mobile-ticket-tester.commandalkon.tools]

Anyone seen this and have a fix in SmartThings?

Completely lost here.

The OAuth token (not PAT) is used for getting the device lists in OAuth HubiThings. I would expect it to have permissions to fetch (get list of devices) and authorize from the entire location without error.

However, only the PAT is used in the setSmartDeviceCommand command and technically you shouldn't need to have the device authorized in OAuth for setter commands in Replica.

So from your description - both are failing you. Reading the ST forum thread gives some description this is an Android app and I am only iOS device house. Not sure if this helps or hurts.

Issue resolved. For some reason my ASUS router went insane (only on the SmartThings cloud interface?). Rebooting the router resolved the issue. Do not know why. If not frequent, do not care why.

Add to any troubleshooting: Reboot your LAN Router.

2 Likes

REPLICA 1.3.09 RELEASE

New release Replica 1.3.09 supporting 'warning' for late OAuth refresh but token but is still valid. A token is valid for 24 hours, but is attempted refresh every 3 hours. If the refresh is unsuccessful the 'warning' will be shown in the corresponding the 'Replica Location Knob' device authorized in that location.

'Replica Location Knob' was updated to support SmartThings Weather, Forecast, airQuality and Alert notifications.

Install instructions here with HPM updated to match.

Replica 1.3.09:

• Support for 'warning' for late OAuth tokens.
  • UI bug fixes.

OAuth 1.3.09:

• Support for 'warning' for late OAuth tokens.

Replica Location Knob 1.3.2:

• Updated to support SmartThings Weather, Forecast, airQuality and Alert notifications. See below for detail list of possible attributes.

SAMSUNG DRIVERS+ BY DAVE

Please see here for new @djgutheinz device handlers and information. These are available in HPM for installation and updates.

Location Knob attributes populated by SmartThings Weather:

webCoRE piston example to watch Alert attribute which receives the raw alert message in the data construct of the alert event:

3 Likes

Just bought a 2x4 Led light panel for my pool table.. Really nice light and priced right.

I am able to control it through the SmartThings app.
Trying to figure out if there is a way to add it to Hubitat.
I looked around the Replica app to see their is a way I'm not finding it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia-Lighting-2-ft-x-4-ft-Smart-Adjustable-Lumen-Integrated-LED-Tunable-White-Troffer-Light-with-hidden-motion-sensor-CPXC-2X4-TUWH-120-M2/320752012

The device is probably a Color-Temperature Bulb (description "tunable-White".

See this link:

2 Likes

hi guys and thank you @Bloodtick_Jones for the driver. So I have a samsung air conditioner which I connected to Hubitat via hubithings replica app. However when I tried integrating that AC into the Homekit with the homekit app, it shows up as an incompatible device. Is there a workaround for this?

Hubitat is very strict on what it allows to integrate in the Beta solution as described here. The Replica (or any community) drivers will not work.

You probably could toy with some of the native Hubitat Virtual Drivers and build limited functionality. The HomeBridge solution could be another direction.

Thank you! But I understand I need an apple hub in order to run homebridge, right? Otherwise I cant seem to find a QR code to scan from that homebridge app.

I am not running HomeKit or HomeBridge so this question would be better in the Hubitat HomeBridge Topic.

A quick primer is HomeKit is a Framework and runs on an Apple device (AppleTV for example) and vendors need to be Apple authorized (Hubitat for example) to play nice with that framework. Hubitat is currently in Beta attempting direct integration permission.

The HomeBridge solution runs on a device like a Raspberry Pi and is a 'workaround' to that integration authorization permission. The Hubitat HomeBridge application connects Hubitat to HomeBridge.

It is messy...and probably one of the very few reasons that Matter makes any sense.

Update:
I am an Apple household and workaround all the HomeKit stuff with SharpTools to build custom dashboards to integrate directly to both SmartThings and Hubitat and prevent all the hops.

1 Like

Hi - first of all wanted to thank everyone for the great app. I'm a former SmartThings user who finally made the move to HE. Very happy so far. I have been using Hubithings Replica for a few months to integrate my HE with a Brilliant Tech controller, through SmartThings. Quite a bit of work but worth it given ease of use of the Brilliant control panel.

I'm having two issues I'd like to get this group's view on:

1. seem to be getting random triggering of all lights in the house, at seemingly random times.
  • After closer review of the past logs it seems to coincide with a set of logs stating "Hubithings Replica 'Device ABC' cannot find 'replica' setting cache to ignore."

• This happens for many, if not all of the devices connected to the HE. Later, it states that "Hubithings Replica received 'Device ABC' status trigger:level >command:setLevel:x. Later a command to turn on is sent

1. the other issue is related to a Yale lock. Sometimes, not always, unlocking manually from the inside, the system seems to want to unlock again, and you can hear the gears attempting to unlock but unable to move the lock, since it's already unlocked.

Appreciate any guidance anyone can provide since other than this, the integration is working great!

thanks in advance

Are you using the Replica Drivers or using a mirroring function with a Virtual Driver? The Replica App will refresh all device settings every 3 hours to ensure concurrency. Often times a virtual driver will reflect back and could exhibit random (3 hours) trouble. You can 'similuate this condition' with the refresh button on the main UI.

In the rules section, you can ignore the refresh by updating the rule using the 'Disable periodic device refresh' button as shown here which should add the 'caution' icon as shown:

Same question/guidance for the lock.

thanks for the quick reply. I believe I had created virtual ST devices and then linked them with the actual physical device through the replica app. I'm realizing that I may have done extra work since the app allows you to create a ST virtual device based on the HE physical, is that correct?

As a result of creating rules individually I only created the most basic rules (on/off/dimmer if applicable), so no health status, or other for locks.
wondering if I'm better off deleting the virtual ST devices and starting from the beginning.
thank you again

For a virtual ST switch/dimmer the 'new' virtual dimmer solution in Replica would be better. And you don't need to use 3rd party virtual solutions since this uses the native ST solution.

For the virtual ST lock...honestly don't know the best direction and probably trial and error. The way locks work between ST and HE is dissimilar and problematic. There is a lot of logic with the ST Physical -> HE Virtual in the Replica driver to make that work. Doing the HE Physical -> ST Virtual will not be as robust.

Got it. Went ahead and deleted the virtual dimmers I had created and used the replica method, as you suggested. Have only done a few to test, but so far it seems to work perfectly well.

With respect to the lock, I have three and only one acts strange. Will delete and try again.

Thank you!

1 Like

Before I go to deep down the rabbit hole..

Turns out this device is a BlueTooth device.

Does Repica support devices connected to the ST App that are connected via BT.

If you can you see the device in the HubiThings OAuth device subscription picker, then it should be supported (only exception known are the Samsung Tags which have no data). If the device is not in the list, then sorry it isn't supported.

1 Like