[RELEASE] HubiThings Replica

Wow thank you again for such a detailed response. I haven't seen anyone else break this down like you have so I appreciate it.

Here is the thing about the Logitech Harmony Hub Driver: When used for a dimmer switch the buttons only control ON/OFF. The dimmer rocker in the home control section does not work when using the UUID method that you described. If I am wrong about this please correct me but I just tried this and could not get the dimmer function to work.

Edit: I just thought about this idea: What if I created the Virtual Dimmers in Smartthings and used the Hubitat Harmony Driver UUID method to control the on/off functionality in Hubitat but I also send the Smartthings Virtual Dimmer to Hubitat via Hubithings and use rules to control the dimming functionality of the endpoint device? Sorry if I am not articulating my idea very well but let me know if you understand and think that's possible.

Logitech Hub Driver does but the implementation is a little clumsy as a result of the way the Harmony remote works. If you look a the parent device, you can see the values as bulb1Level, bulb2Level, socket1Level & socket2Level.

I couldn't begin to tell you how to use RM to solution this, but here is a webCoRE piston that makes it a little easier to duplicate (more than one remote) and assign devices to each button.

To note, I have always found the rocker switch to be hit or miss in reliability even with the ST Groovy solution was allowed. More of a toy button, then something to except to work.

This should work but you might get weird echo effects at low light levels.

2 Likes

New driver: Samsung Washer. Available at site below. Does not (yet) include flex compartment control. HELP can be accessed by selecting WASHER HELP from upper right of the device's edit page.

Updated driver: Samsung Oven and Cavity. VERY IMPORTANT to read the help file accessed by selecting OVEN HELP from the upper right of the devices edit page.

Near future:

• Samsung Dryer
  • Dedicated thread to cover Samsung Appliances (to reduce garbage here)
  • HPM inclusion as library HubiThings Replica Samsung Appliances

'HubitatActive/HubiThingsReplica Drivers at master · DaveGut/HubitatActive · GitHub'

4 Likes

I was wondering if it is possible to use HubiThings to send push notifications to phones with Smartthings installed. I'm using HubiThings to control the Smartthings location mode and I was wondering if it could also push notifications to Smartthings as well. It would be helpful for me as I have people at home that exclusively use the Smartthings app.

There is an undocumented ST API that at least did work but there is no promise from ST that it will always/continue to work. I think it broadcasts to an entire location and not individual device.

Are you using the Replica Hub or Replica Location driver to control the mode?

1 Like

Coming back on this - Replica Location Knob was updated version 1.3.1 to send push messages to devices with HPM updated.

The 'deviceNotification' command will take either 'text' or a JSON in the format:
{ "title":"the title", "message":"the message" }

or you can use 'sendLocationNotification' with the parameters directly.

I have no idea what the various alert types do:
("ALERT","SUGGESTED_ACTION","EVENT_LOGGING","AUTOMATION_INFO","WARNING","WARNING_CLEAR","FLASH_TOAST","OPTION")

On iOS they all seem todo the same thing.

Here is a webCoRE piston to show usage in three different methods:

4 Likes

Wow this is amazing. Thank you so much! Don't have time to test right now but will over the next few days.

1 Like

Works great! I did notice that SUGGESTED ACTION messages give an OK option that will open Smartthings if selected. Other than that they all seems the same. Don't think FLASH TOAST, or EVENT LOGGING worked for me.

1 Like

I have created a separate repository Read-me for the Samsung Applicance, color and CT bulb and motion sensing doorbell. The objective is to reduce the load on this thread. I will monitor both threads for issues with drivers.

Link:
"[Release] Hubithings Replica DaveGut Drivers"

4 Likes

Question about Dryer and Washer, Do I use the same driver for upper and lower? (Top Washer / Main Washer) As I have the flex Washer and Dryer? (actually after I create the Main for both I cant create the "Sub" version. Looks like i might need a child driver like the Dual Flex Oven.

I will have to add the child to the mix for the flex systems. I will get with you via PM for some data I need to validate performance. Dave

1 Like

REPLICA 1.3.08 RELEASE

New release Replica 1.3.08 supporting more native Virtual SmartThings device solutions and Push Notifications. Now includes Virtual ST support for:

• Virtual Switch
  • Virtual Dimmer Switch
  • Virtual Button
  • Virtual Contact Sensor
  • Virtual Garage Door Opener
  • Virtual Motion Sensor
  • Virtual Multipurpose Sensor
  • Virtual Presence Sensor
  • Virtual Siren

Includes the 'rules' to allow for easier one click mirror function of physical HE devices back to ST.

Install instructions here with HPM updated to match.

Replica 1.3.08:

• Support for more SmartThings Virtual Devices.
  • Refactor of deviceTriggerHandlerPrivate() to support.

OAuth 1.3.08:

• Support for more SmartThings Virtual Devices.

Replica Location Knob 1.3.1:

• Updated to support SmartThings push notifications. Please see here.

SAMSUNG DRIVERS+ BY DAVE

Please see here for new @djgutheinz device handlers and information. *Now available in HPM for installation and updates.

3 Likes

Edit: I managed to sort the issue below out. I deleted the 2 instances of OAuth I had and added a new (single) instance of OAuth. (I previously had 2 instances because of the initial device limit.) All is well with Hubithings again. I wish I could say the same about the C8 hub. Hubithings is, without doubt, one of the most robust apps available for Hubitat - I did not lose any settings or rules when deleting the OAuth apps.

I am currently so frustrated with the C8 hub, I feel like throwing it in the swimming pool. My home automation turned into a nightmare the day I received the thing 2 months ago. I have what appears to be a perfect Z-wave network, but the Z-wave devices fail to respond 30% of the time, causing all sorts of issues like cold showers.
I've tried every suggestion on the forum repeatedly with no improvement. Things would seem to be fine for a day or two, and then all hell breaks loose.

Long story to get to the HubiThings issues, I believe, were indirectly caused by the C8 battle. In an attempt to resolve the C8 issues, I wiped the hub and restored it from a backup. Following that, I have the following error in both of my 2 AOuth instances:
Action: Token Invalid! New OAuth Authorization is required to restore!

When trying to delete the API, nothing happens, with the following error in the log:
app:8082023-04-28 10:53:25.747warndeleteApp() error: groovyx.net.http.ResponseParseException: status code: 403, reason phrase: Forbidden
app:8082023-04-28 10:48:47.250warnHubiThings OAuth asyncHttpGetCallback 'getSmartSubscriptionList' status:403 reason:Forbidden - rescheduled in 15 minutes
app:8082023-04-28 10:43:39.439infoHubiThings OAuth executing 'updated()'
app:8082023-04-28 10:42:22.907warndeleteApp() error: groovyx.net.http.ResponseParseException: status code: 403, reason phrase: Forbidden

Trying to re-authorize without deleting the API-key, takes me to the Samsung website, but I get an error "unauthorized client" on the Samsung website.

Any ideas about what the issue could be, please? (And by the way, restoring the hub didn't help with the Z-wave issues.)

1 Like

Glad that worked. Curious why the API delete didn't work for you. It should have.

On the C8 - I had mine too close to power cables and it would effect the z-wave very negative. I am not an RF expert so didn't pretend to understand why. Make sure no ghost nodes are there but assume you have read that everywhere already.

Thanks for the comments. Yes, you're correct - I don't believe there was anything written on here about the C8 that I've not read and tried. I have no ghost devices and 80% of the Z-wave devices are connected directly. Funny enough, the devices closest to the hub are causing the most issues, changing routes regularly and become unresponsive during that time. I've tried moving the hub around without noticeable improvement.
Good luck.

I used to lead the design of aircraft modification for added receivers/transmitters. I had an Electromagnetic interference / Electromagnetic compatibility team that handled the details, but through osmosis I learned some things. If I was still doing this, I would ask one of these engineers for a free analysis as a favor (sigh).

Here are my thoughts (based on osmosis) on what is happening when upgrading the the C8 with antennae.

• You get more transmission power (which can be adjusted for Zigbee but not Z-Wave).
    • This can interfere with near by receivers (basically jam).
  • C8 near to another system's antenna can also cause near-field antennae effects. Closeness here is likely inches, not feet.
  • You get greater at-antenna sensitivity for the C8 receiver/antenna combo (not adjustable).
    • Easier to get interference (jammed) from other systems too close.
    • Can also be impacted by non-shielded signal and power cables carrying noise.
  • Things to watch out for that may (or may not) cause issues:
    • power cables too close
    • too close to Router, Zigbee/Z-Wave devices (transmitters / nearField antennae effect).
    • Any other transmitter / emitters in the near area of the C8.
    • To close to speaker/TVs, Alexa devices, UPS systems.
3 Likes

I am dead in the water for my SmartThings and HubiThings. I am trying to resolve in SmartThings community - but from a HubiThings perspective,

SmartThings behavior: Unable to control devices. Unable to get list of compatible devices from the App. Tried deleting/reloading application with same result.

Hubitat: I was able to run and reauthorize the O-Auth app - but my device is still listed as unauthorized? Hubitat message when trying to control:
HubiThings Replica asyncHttpPostCallback setSmartDeviceCommand status:408 reason:Certificate for doesn't match any of the subject alternative names: [mobile-ticket-tester.commandalkon.tools]

Anyone seen this and have a fix in SmartThings?

Completely lost here.

The OAuth token (not PAT) is used for getting the device lists in OAuth HubiThings. I would expect it to have permissions to fetch (get list of devices) and authorize from the entire location without error.

However, only the PAT is used in the setSmartDeviceCommand command and technically you shouldn't need to have the device authorized in OAuth for setter commands in Replica.

So from your description - both are failing you. Reading the ST forum thread gives some description this is an Android app and I am only iOS device house. Not sure if this helps or hurts.

Issue resolved. For some reason my ASUS router went insane (only on the SmartThings cloud interface?). Rebooting the router resolved the issue. Do not know why. If not frequent, do not care why.

Add to any troubleshooting: Reboot your LAN Router.

2 Likes

REPLICA 1.3.09 RELEASE

New release Replica 1.3.09 supporting 'warning' for late OAuth refresh but token but is still valid. A token is valid for 24 hours, but is attempted refresh every 3 hours. If the refresh is unsuccessful the 'warning' will be shown in the corresponding the 'Replica Location Knob' device authorized in that location.

'Replica Location Knob' was updated to support SmartThings Weather, Forecast, airQuality and Alert notifications.

Install instructions here with HPM updated to match.

Replica 1.3.09:

• Support for 'warning' for late OAuth tokens.
  • UI bug fixes.

OAuth 1.3.09:

• Support for 'warning' for late OAuth tokens.

Replica Location Knob 1.3.2:

• Updated to support SmartThings Weather, Forecast, airQuality and Alert notifications. See below for detail list of possible attributes.

SAMSUNG DRIVERS+ BY DAVE

Please see here for new @djgutheinz device handlers and information. These are available in HPM for installation and updates.

Location Knob attributes populated by SmartThings Weather:

webCoRE piston example to watch Alert attribute which receives the raw alert message in the data construct of the alert event:

3 Likes