[RELEASE] HubiThings Replica

@bthrock thanks for the valuable information and insight. Fingers cross this get fixed in a timely manner by Samsung.

2 Likes

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me answer if this app can solve a need for me.

The Logitech Harmony remotes have home control buttons that allow you to control devices from specific hubs including Smartthings (not Hubitat, unfortunately). I previously had my lights in Hubitat and connected them into Smartthings using Hubconnect. That allowed me to map the device into the Harmony remote. Is it possible achieve that with this app?

Short answer is yes. Mostly because Logitech (Harmony) has recently updated their OAuth integration with SmartThings to the new ST cloud scheme.

The longer part of this - the Harmony to SmartThings OAuth integration is difficult to make work, but seems to keep working once you have it configured.

This is my suggestion to make HubiThings and Harmony buttons work for you:

1. Delete all integrations with SmartThings and Harmony on both the SmartThings app and the Harmony app. If you have multiple hubs, clear those integrations too. Be sure to clear the old ST automation application that was Groovy based (in the ST app).
  2. In the SmartThings app - configure a new location and call it 'Harmony'.
  3. Install HubitThings from HPM and follow the normal install path. When you go to authorize a location, be sure to pick the 'Harmony' location you made in step 2.
  4. Once authorized for the 'Harmony' location, you can build ST Virtual devices from the 'Configure Virtual Devices..." selection in Replica.
  5. Use the 'Dimmer Switch' virtual device type to build virtual devices (screen shot below).
  6. Now comes the fun part, you need to go to the Harmony app and authorize Harmony to use the new 'Harmony' location and the virtual dimmer switches you just made. This is hit or miss on working the first time or the 20th time or the 3rd day or...

This solution will work without a SmartThings hub.

However, if you have a SmartThings hub, you can do similar tricks with the Mira solution using ST Edge Virtual drivers and/or the Logitech Harmony hub driver (no ST hub required) with its UUID solutions. Step 6 above is the hardest and would need to be done for any of these solutions to work.

I found making a 'Harmony' location works better since the new Logitech OAuth integration will pull in ALL of the location devices, so if you have lots of ST things in a location it gets messy and makes step 6 even more difficult if not impossible.

Open for questions --

Step 5:

2 Likes

Thanks for this detailed step by step and additional nuanced information. Since I wanted it to be local I tried Mira which works but the problem is I cannot create a Harmony home and put the devices in there due to the fact that it requires a hub and must be located in the same home as the Hub.

Therefore all of my Smartthings devices are in Harmony now. If that causes me any issues I will consider switching over to Hubithings and see if it performs better.

1 Like

Ouch, you had to say that. :wink:

But since you did lets chase this rabbit, the only 'local' option would be the Logitech Harmony Hub Driver.

Even with Mira your communication path is:

Remote -> Harmony Hub -> Harmony Cloud -> SmartThings Cloud -> SmartThings Hub -> Hubitat Hub -> Device

With the Logitech driver your communication path is:

Remote -> Harmony Hub -> Hubitat Hub -> Device

The trick with the Logitech driver is you need to assign each button a UUID. The only way todo that is connecting the Harmony Cloud to the SmartThings Cloud and assigning devices (step 6). After that is completed - the Harmony Cloud does nothing.

SO the best'est' option IMHO is to build 'virtual cloud dimmers' and then connect them to Harmony, then use the Logitech driver and assign the UUIDs from the 'virtual cloud dimmers' to the button definitions. In transparency this is what I do. (I did use HubiThings to build the virtual cloud dimmers, but you can do this via the SmartThings API or the ST Android app)

I have a BIG mental problem with the long term security of SmartThings and community Edge drivers. That is just a future security incident waiting to happen. A couple of folks in this thread know my soapbox, but since I have been involved now in 4 major security incidents at work in 3 weeks which will take months to completely block, figured I should say it again.

6 Likes

Wow thank you again for such a detailed response. I haven't seen anyone else break this down like you have so I appreciate it.

Here is the thing about the Logitech Harmony Hub Driver: When used for a dimmer switch the buttons only control ON/OFF. The dimmer rocker in the home control section does not work when using the UUID method that you described. If I am wrong about this please correct me but I just tried this and could not get the dimmer function to work.

Edit: I just thought about this idea: What if I created the Virtual Dimmers in Smartthings and used the Hubitat Harmony Driver UUID method to control the on/off functionality in Hubitat but I also send the Smartthings Virtual Dimmer to Hubitat via Hubithings and use rules to control the dimming functionality of the endpoint device? Sorry if I am not articulating my idea very well but let me know if you understand and think that's possible.

Logitech Hub Driver does but the implementation is a little clumsy as a result of the way the Harmony remote works. If you look a the parent device, you can see the values as bulb1Level, bulb2Level, socket1Level & socket2Level.

I couldn't begin to tell you how to use RM to solution this, but here is a webCoRE piston that makes it a little easier to duplicate (more than one remote) and assign devices to each button.

To note, I have always found the rocker switch to be hit or miss in reliability even with the ST Groovy solution was allowed. More of a toy button, then something to except to work.

This should work but you might get weird echo effects at low light levels.

2 Likes

New driver: Samsung Washer. Available at site below. Does not (yet) include flex compartment control. HELP can be accessed by selecting WASHER HELP from upper right of the device's edit page.

Updated driver: Samsung Oven and Cavity. VERY IMPORTANT to read the help file accessed by selecting OVEN HELP from the upper right of the devices edit page.

Near future:

• Samsung Dryer
  • Dedicated thread to cover Samsung Appliances (to reduce garbage here)
  • HPM inclusion as library HubiThings Replica Samsung Appliances

'HubitatActive/HubiThingsReplica Drivers at master · DaveGut/HubitatActive · GitHub'

4 Likes

I was wondering if it is possible to use HubiThings to send push notifications to phones with Smartthings installed. I'm using HubiThings to control the Smartthings location mode and I was wondering if it could also push notifications to Smartthings as well. It would be helpful for me as I have people at home that exclusively use the Smartthings app.

There is an undocumented ST API that at least did work but there is no promise from ST that it will always/continue to work. I think it broadcasts to an entire location and not individual device.

Are you using the Replica Hub or Replica Location driver to control the mode?

1 Like

Coming back on this - Replica Location Knob was updated version 1.3.1 to send push messages to devices with HPM updated.

The 'deviceNotification' command will take either 'text' or a JSON in the format:
{ "title":"the title", "message":"the message" }

or you can use 'sendLocationNotification' with the parameters directly.

I have no idea what the various alert types do:
("ALERT","SUGGESTED_ACTION","EVENT_LOGGING","AUTOMATION_INFO","WARNING","WARNING_CLEAR","FLASH_TOAST","OPTION")

On iOS they all seem todo the same thing.

Here is a webCoRE piston to show usage in three different methods:

4 Likes

Wow this is amazing. Thank you so much! Don't have time to test right now but will over the next few days.

1 Like

Works great! I did notice that SUGGESTED ACTION messages give an OK option that will open Smartthings if selected. Other than that they all seems the same. Don't think FLASH TOAST, or EVENT LOGGING worked for me.

1 Like

I have created a separate repository Read-me for the Samsung Applicance, color and CT bulb and motion sensing doorbell. The objective is to reduce the load on this thread. I will monitor both threads for issues with drivers.

Link:
"[Release] Hubithings Replica DaveGut Drivers"

4 Likes

Question about Dryer and Washer, Do I use the same driver for upper and lower? (Top Washer / Main Washer) As I have the flex Washer and Dryer? (actually after I create the Main for both I cant create the "Sub" version. Looks like i might need a child driver like the Dual Flex Oven.

I will have to add the child to the mix for the flex systems. I will get with you via PM for some data I need to validate performance. Dave

1 Like

REPLICA 1.3.08 RELEASE

New release Replica 1.3.08 supporting more native Virtual SmartThings device solutions and Push Notifications. Now includes Virtual ST support for:

• Virtual Switch
  • Virtual Dimmer Switch
  • Virtual Button
  • Virtual Contact Sensor
  • Virtual Garage Door Opener
  • Virtual Motion Sensor
  • Virtual Multipurpose Sensor
  • Virtual Presence Sensor
  • Virtual Siren

Includes the 'rules' to allow for easier one click mirror function of physical HE devices back to ST.

Install instructions here with HPM updated to match.

Replica 1.3.08:

• Support for more SmartThings Virtual Devices.
  • Refactor of deviceTriggerHandlerPrivate() to support.

OAuth 1.3.08:

• Support for more SmartThings Virtual Devices.

Replica Location Knob 1.3.1:

• Updated to support SmartThings push notifications. Please see here.

SAMSUNG DRIVERS+ BY DAVE

Please see here for new @djgutheinz device handlers and information. *Now available in HPM for installation and updates.

3 Likes

Edit: I managed to sort the issue below out. I deleted the 2 instances of OAuth I had and added a new (single) instance of OAuth. (I previously had 2 instances because of the initial device limit.) All is well with Hubithings again. I wish I could say the same about the C8 hub. Hubithings is, without doubt, one of the most robust apps available for Hubitat - I did not lose any settings or rules when deleting the OAuth apps.

I am currently so frustrated with the C8 hub, I feel like throwing it in the swimming pool. My home automation turned into a nightmare the day I received the thing 2 months ago. I have what appears to be a perfect Z-wave network, but the Z-wave devices fail to respond 30% of the time, causing all sorts of issues like cold showers.
I've tried every suggestion on the forum repeatedly with no improvement. Things would seem to be fine for a day or two, and then all hell breaks loose.

Long story to get to the HubiThings issues, I believe, were indirectly caused by the C8 battle. In an attempt to resolve the C8 issues, I wiped the hub and restored it from a backup. Following that, I have the following error in both of my 2 AOuth instances:
Action: Token Invalid! New OAuth Authorization is required to restore!

When trying to delete the API, nothing happens, with the following error in the log:
app:8082023-04-28 10:53:25.747warndeleteApp() error: groovyx.net.http.ResponseParseException: status code: 403, reason phrase: Forbidden
app:8082023-04-28 10:48:47.250warnHubiThings OAuth asyncHttpGetCallback 'getSmartSubscriptionList' status:403 reason:Forbidden - rescheduled in 15 minutes
app:8082023-04-28 10:43:39.439infoHubiThings OAuth executing 'updated()'
app:8082023-04-28 10:42:22.907warndeleteApp() error: groovyx.net.http.ResponseParseException: status code: 403, reason phrase: Forbidden

Trying to re-authorize without deleting the API-key, takes me to the Samsung website, but I get an error "unauthorized client" on the Samsung website.

Any ideas about what the issue could be, please? (And by the way, restoring the hub didn't help with the Z-wave issues.)

1 Like

Glad that worked. Curious why the API delete didn't work for you. It should have.

On the C8 - I had mine too close to power cables and it would effect the z-wave very negative. I am not an RF expert so didn't pretend to understand why. Make sure no ghost nodes are there but assume you have read that everywhere already.

Thanks for the comments. Yes, you're correct - I don't believe there was anything written on here about the C8 that I've not read and tried. I have no ghost devices and 80% of the Z-wave devices are connected directly. Funny enough, the devices closest to the hub are causing the most issues, changing routes regularly and become unresponsive during that time. I've tried moving the hub around without noticeable improvement.
Good luck.