[RELEASE] HubiThings Replica

Locks & Garage Doors are hit or miss in functionality, but you should be able to see them regardless.

Please confirm you are authorizing them first in the OAuth Child application from the configuration section:

And each OAuth is location dependent. Confirm your location is correct.

Do you see any devices in the OAuth and just locks and the doors are missing?

1 Like

I only have 1 main location where all of my devices are in in ST. I see a lot of my devices in the list but not all of them specially lock and garage door opener

Please send private DM with a screenshot of the OAuth list.

REPLICA 1.3.05 RELEASE

New release Replica 1.3.05 supporting ST Scene mirroring, 200+ ST devices. Install instructions here with HPM updated to match.

Replica 1.3.05:

• Support for ST Scene replication.
  • Support for 200+ ST devices.
  • Increased OAuth device subscription from 20 to 30.

Replica Scene Knob DH 1.3.0:

• Used for ST<->HE Scene mirroring.
  • NOTE: A SmartThings virtual switch will be created, and it must be added to the SmartThings Scene 'actions' in the mobile ST app and set to update the switch to 'Turn on' when the scene is triggered as shown:

SAMSUNG DRIVERS+ BY DAVE

Please see here for new @djgutheinz device handlers and information.

Update 2023/02/26: Release 1.3.06. Change log here.

2 Likes

I just found this thread and will be working on getting this working on my HE.

I had a ST a few years back, but removed it once I got all my devices switched.
I recently bought an Induction cooktop and an air fryer range.

Would love to be able to tell if the light or oven has been on for more than x minutes.

My wife sometimes forgets to turn them off.

1 Like

Samsung Refrigerator Driver

• Requires Replica_Samsung_Refrigerator driver plus two children: Replica_Samsung_Refrigerator_cavity, and Replica_Samsung_Refrigerator_icemaker.
  • Added installation steps: None
  • Design Notes:
    • If a child does not install, attempt the Configure Command on the parent device.
    • Not all commands are available on all of the large number of years/models of Samsung Refrigerators.
    • Design does not support scales nor patries.

Github Location: HubitatActive/HubiThingsReplica Drivers at master · DaveGut/HubitatActive · GitHub

Readme: HubitatActive/README.md at master · DaveGut/HubitatActive · GitHub

3 Likes

Just want to say this is awesome, blown away by the UI of the app. Right down to the little details with icons it is all awesome and flows perfectly. Did not even really need the instructions it was so intuitive.

I saw a lot of talk about this but never realized what it was. I only have a lonely Fridge and Oven on the ST Cloud and was using the drivers that had to be polled. Now I can get real time updates on the door sensors and temps. I am not even sure what I am going to do with it yet!

Nice work @Bloodtick_Jones and all who helped. Thanks @djgutheinz for the Fridge and Oven drivers. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I did notice one thing if it hangs anyone else up. When you are adding a device if you go to change the name of it before creating, you have to click off the entry box and let the page update itself before you click the Create button. I think this is just the way Hubitat is with apps. The first time I clicked the button right away and it I thought it was doing something but then it didn't create the device. Next time around I figured out my mistake.

EDIT: So when company is over people always somehow manage to turn the stove top on with fat bellies. I have the stove with the front knobs. I don't know how they manage to press and turn the knob without knowing it... But anyway... might put an indicator light on top of the cabinet or do an announce with Echo Speaks when the stove is turned on.

6 Likes

First, thank you for the kind words. It has been fun working with Dave and others on this project. :slight_smile:

...and to your statement on name fields, yes - you need to click out of the text field before the application will accept the change. I have not found a way to avoid this, but open to suggestions if someone does!

2 Likes

REPLICA 1.3.06 RELEASE

New release Replica 1.3.06 supporting ST Natural order sorting for device input dropdown selectors and large device lists greater than 25 items. Install instructions here with HPM updated to match.

Replica 1.3.06:

• Natural Order on device input dropdown selectors.
  • Natural Order with device lists greater than 25 items using the jQuery DataTables widget.
  • Replica UI device list warning for HubiThings defined in HE but missing ST device (Not Authorized).

Possible HubiThings Device List errors:

Offline: SmartThings device has been declared offline by ST. This is also available as an event attribute in each Replica Device Handler.
Solution: Check ST UI to determine device status for resolution.

Not Authorized: ST device assigned to the HE device is no longer available.
Solution: Select new ST device for subscription in OAuth application and then return to 'Configure HubiThings Devices' and use the 'Replace' function to update the HE device [if required].

No Rules: The HubiThings device is missing 'rules' to describe mirroring between ST<->HE. This is required when not using Replica Device Handlers as child devices.
Solution: Use 'Configure HubiThings Rules' to match ST attributes/commands to HE attributes/commands as required.

SAMSUNG DRIVERS+ BY DAVE

New Samsung Refrigerator Driver

Please see here for new @djgutheinz device handlers and information.

Update 2023/03/14: Release 1.3.07. Change log here.

3 Likes

So i migrated to the C8. Replica migrated mostly but im.not getting device updates in Hubitat from ST. Device control is working fine and if I manually refresh a device it syncs its status.

Tried reauth and removeling readding devices.

Any thoughts?

The update events all come from the OAuth app. It should look like this if authorized correctly:

I don't have 'my' C-8 yet, but there isn't anything special that would prevent from working to my knowledge.

If OAuth looks funky, just hit the 'Delete API' and redo the authorization. It will remember all your devices so you will not loose anything after the new authorization completes.

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response and that looks to have fixed it.

1 Like

Just discovered this App and I am so hopeful of it. Looks like my Fridge and Dishwasher are good, however my oven is not.

I have a flex oven where it can change between one oven, or put the divider in and get upper and lower.

I also have the Flex Washer and Flex Dryer (Upper and Main)

any plans to get these done? Anything I can do to help? (knowledge is very limited)

Oven driver is in final simulation at my house. This next week probably. Washer-dryer will be two weeks out from oven.

Hello I'm trying to install Hubithings Replica I get an error SmartThings API ERROR: groovyx.net.http.ResponseParseException: status code: 403, reason phrase: Forbidden when trying to create API in HubiThings OAuth is there a fix for this?
John

Setting aside the Parse exception for the moment, the 403 forbidden suggests that you might be using an incorrect or not fully authorized Personal Access Token (PAT). That's where I'd start.

1 Like

After i upgraded to the C8 one of my OAuth instances failed for a bit before recovering on it's own.

The OAuth will attempt to update its token every ~three hours. The token is actually good for 24 hours, so it would need to fail updates several times before you have problems. I have seen DNS resolution failure with the SmartThings API as the primary reason.

Update 1/22/24: With the release of Sonos Advanced Controller, which provides a superior feature set, is native to Hubitat, and runs locally, this Replica driver will no longer be actively maintained,

=============================

RELEASE - Replica Sonos Driver

The driver can be imported from this link.

Why create a Replica Sonos driver when Hubitat has a native Sonos integration? The short answer is that the current Hubitat integration lacks certain useful features that are present in SmartThings' implementation. This replica driver provides a way to bridge those gaps until a better solution becomes available.

Advantages

• This driver makes tracking the system topology easier by more clearly specifying each speaker's groupRole (primary, auxiliary, ungrouped) as well as IDs of the groupCoordinator and the overall group. This is helpful when creating complex automations on larger systems where groupings are frequently modified and/or there are multiple groups to manage. The IDs are particularly useful when using the Sonos Control API to modify group members and more.
  • Your Sonos Favorites (playlists, stations, etc.) can be played by ID, Name, or even randomly if neither ID or Name are specified.
  • The Favorites data is updated whenever there is change in them. By default, they are stored in a State Variable, sorted alphabetically by title. There is, however, a preference setting to create a JSON attribute that can be parsed and used in Rules or webCoRE if desired. This is disabled initially as the Favorites data is quite large and can stretch the length of your device page interminably.
  • The latest Sonos Edge Driver from SmartThings has a frequently requested preference setting (available only in the ST app at this time) to set a default queueAction (Append, Replace, Insert, or InsertNext) for each device. Most people will choose "Replace," thus ensuring that the queue is cleared before a new Favorite is loaded. Again, that selection has to be made in the ST app itself, but the setting is respected by the replica driver.
  • Additional group controls include Set Group Volume, Group Volume Up, Group Volume Down, Group Mute, and Group Unmute are available. Correspondingly, there are attributes that provide the current state of Group Volume and Group Mute.
  • In the same manner as the native HE integration, trackData is provided in an accessible JSON format and provides album, artist, tile, and album art information that can be used in a dashboard tile.

The following capabilities are not supported, as they are not currently available in the SmartThings Edge driver (beta).

• playModes (Shuffle, Crossfade, Repeat, RepeatOne). These will be hopefully be coming in the future.
  • Join/Leave for creating and managing speaker groups. This is possible via the Control API or by running a local service like the very popular node-http-sonos-api.
  • Play Text (Capability exists in SmartThings, but is not currently exposed by the API).

Known Issues

• This replica driver is intended for use with Sonos speakers running in SmartThings via the Sonos driver for Edge, which is still technically in beta. As the older groovy DTH driver is being deprecated in the very near future, it will not be supported, even to the extent it may work.

Using this driver will not impact your current Hubitat integration. You may test/run this driver concurrently. Just give your HubiThings Sonos devices unique names and avoid sending duplicate commands to your HE and replica devices.

3 Likes

We had a power outage earlier today and things went a bit sideways with the OAuth and Hubitat Package Manager, so I think it was an issue with Hubitat not being shut down cleanly versus an issue with Replica.

After a proper Hubitat restart, I was able to get both of my OAuth entries working again (as well as HPM).

2 Likes