[RELEASE] HubiThings Replica

I was able to use a ST virtual device and just configured it with the Replica SmartThingsHub DH. Give it a try.

There is a MotionSensingDoorbell driver in my repo that I threw together during the early Alpha, but it's limited to button/motion sensor capabilities only. If there's more than can be done on the driver or integration front, I'm sure it would be welcome by everyone.

The latest version of the MyQ integration on ST (EDGE) has been as solid as a rock for me, and it's very similar in concept to the HA integration which has worked for a very long time.

FWIW, the existing ReplicaGarageDoor driver was created to work with the MyQ integration and (hopefully) more.

1 Like

Terrific! I've loaded the driver and will test with the doorbell shortly, but I have no doubt it will work perfectly.

FWIW, that driver was my first effort and strictly a cut-and-paste job, and I have zero pride of authorship in that or any of my drivers. You're more than welcome to add your professional touch to any of them. With people like your writing drivers, this amateur is happily out of the driver business for good.

Assuming this tests out as expected, would you rather add this to your driver repo or have me update mine? I don't care one way or the other myself.

It is now and always will be your driver.

My experience in industry was Project/Systems engineering on complex intelligence aircraft. I manage the sw portion of the project. However, my focus was always functionality to the end user. So, although I am an novice code slinger, I am fairly good at visualizing the functions and function flows.

You should NOT get out of the driver business. If you have time, it is a great learning experience!

3 Likes

NOTICE: We are now live with HPM. If you plan to use HPM for the application and some device handlers, it is very important you first do a "Match Up" and not a new Install. Otherwise you will end up with multiple copies loaded on your hub.

7 Likes

For additional OAuth child apps, do we need to create additional OAuth tokens on the ST side, or can the same token be used in multiple child apps?

Same PAT. Just hit the 'Authorize SmartThings Devices' button again and a new child will build.

1 Like

I tried this version of the driver and while Lock User Manager now opens it does not pull the user codes from the Replica Lock.

I tried putting my Schlage on Hubitat directly but it doesn't work well unless I bring the hub within a few feet of the lock. However it's been working well on Smartthings for 6 years. Not being able to trigger automation based on specific codes has been a major bummer for me.

1 Like

Do I NEED rules? I'm a little unclear about that.

Yes, every device you are replicating must have rules.

The 'replica' handlers will auto populate the rules on (1) first install or (2) from the config button in the DH itself or (3) if you clear the rules from the Rules config - you will see a new button to update rules.

Otherwise - if you use doing it without a Replica HD you must do the rules yourself.

1 Like

Excellent! This was the final piece that I was missing. Everything is now dialed in. Thank you so much for the hard work.

2 Likes

Used Replica Multipurpose Sensor to connect to refrigerater. Doors open/close work perfectly. Renamed the 4 cavities. Does anyone know if custom replica drivers for dishwasher, fridge and range will be available. This interface is cool

2 Likes

Fairly certain that @djgutheinz has it in the works.

I've been able to nicely pull needed info without it though.

3 Likes

Hopefully next week for dryer. I had to develop a means of creating the driver for test w/o having an actual device. I have passed that hurdle. Once I get one developed, I will need people to check it out.

Note: the code and functions will be based on the SmartThing Samsung appliance drivers I developed with the assist of users for testing. I am fairly certain of the functionality and functional flows - just need the final shake out of the porting to HubiThings.

6 Likes

@fieldsjm
Updated Samsung TV Replica. Improved responsiveness on local commands.

Driver: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/master/HubiThingsReplica%20Drivers/Replica_Samsung_TV.groovy

Update installation.

• Install code into driver and save
  • Complete a Configure command to update the replica data.
  • Complete a Save Preferences (just in case)

Note that this driver will log any events sent from HubiThings to verify proper event operation.

If you have had difficulties, read through the Install/Checkout/Notes. They provide procedures to verify the interface as well as check out functionality. HubitatActive/Samsung TV Checkout.pdf at master · DaveGut/HubitatActive · GitHub

Please PM me with any comments or concerns.

8 Likes

planning on moving from ST to HE. i got word of this wonderful app and looks like im closer to jump into HE.

SO with HE "mirroring" my ST hub, would this mean that if the device/s go offline on ST(as is a usual occurence) will it also go offline on the HE hub? thank you.

Technically, virtual devices (which are what the HubiThings devices are), don't go offline, but the online/offline status of the respective ST device is reflected in HubiThings.

You didn't say why your devices are going offline, although of course many battery-powered devices such as button controls, motions sensors and the like are "sleepy" and purposely go offline. If you have a specific concern with online/offline behavior, you'll have to expand upon that further so someone can provide a better answer.

1 Like

that was a HYPOTHETICAL question. ST users would agree devices go offline a lot. so, i was curious to know if this will be the same case with this offline devices on the HE side.

thanks.

1 Like

Okay, thanks. Thought that might be the case, but I didn't want to assume.

2 Likes