[RELEASE] Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) -- HubitatCommunity

I’d settle for markdown or even a means of just extracting the last section of a text changelog.

1 Like

I'll take it under advisement :slight_smile: as they say...

I'd like to finish 1.8.6 since it's "done" or would be if I didn't reorder Bundle install ahead of Apps and Drivers which restarts all my testing.

Once 1.8.6 is out and settled, I'll relook at this. I could be over analyzing because "allow html" is a visceral reaction. Years of training takes over :smiley: Traditional sanitization would block the very thing you want.

But I'll need to think it through.. "under advisement" :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 11.36.00 AM

3 Likes

ouch! three minutes have passed and I am stuck at the following:

but it did install... I had to close out

2 Likes

bounce out & back in -- I think you'll find that it actually did install, but I also ran a repair just to be safe

1 Like

I updated 3 of my hubs and they all went smoothly. But that error is way out in left field... meaning it's probably an artifact of HPM updating HPM while HPM is in use.

I Soft Reset back to "yesterday" and did the upgrade again...

app:689 2022-06-10 12:00:40.950 pm debug Updates complete
app:689 2022-06-10 12:00:26.558 pm info  Upgrading Hubitat Package Manager
app:689 2022-06-10 12:00:19.419 pm info  Upgrading Hub Information
app:689 2022-06-10 12:00:19.099 pm info  Downloading Hubitat Package Manager
app:689 2022-06-10 12:00:18.799 pm info  Downloading Hub Information
app:689 2022-06-10 12:00:18.480 pm debug Performing update
app:689 2022-06-10 12:00:15.655 pm debug prefPkgVerifyUpdates
app:689 2022-06-10 12:00:09.688 pm debug Updates available

It went smoothly (again) and resulted in:

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 12.03.18 PM

What I mean by this is that it CAN upgrade smoothly.. I don't know what factor would cause it to throw an error. Internet Connection too fast? The upgrade copy of HPM loads too fast?? Internet Connection too slow? HPM checks progress every 2 seconds and if both the upgrade and the check occur simultaneously... I only have wild guesses I'm afraid, although they are similar to messages I saw from Dominic a year ago... but only because I looked :smiley:

2 Likes

Same here.

Edit: same occurrence on my production C-7 and on my dev C-5 (both at 2.3.2.124). On both, not only did the HPM update hang (with same error), but the Hub Info update did not occur. Repaired HPM, then did the Hub Info update again (which did not occur, apparently) and all was then well.

Gigabit internet here.

Same error here too.

Line 3831 is:

for (installedFile in completedActions["fileInstalls"])

It's the 3rd of 4 elements of a "rollback" system and as you can see, it's for Files. Numbers 1&2 are Apps and Drivers while number 4 is for Bundles. In other words, completely unrelated to upgrading an App.

Line 3831 in v1.8.5 is:
def destApp = destManifest.apps?.find { it -> it.id == app.id }

which is a much better match to the error message because it's a line within "copyInstalledItemsToNewManifest", mentioned in the error, AND there's a closure in that line.

This line of code is at 3956 in v1.8.6 This continues to look a lot like the code moved while running. There's a loop in that code (find) and if, during one of the iterations, the code moved, it would probably find it wasn't in a loop anymore, throwing the specific error of No Class Def(inition) Found

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError This exception indicates that the JVM looked in its internal class definition data structure for the definition of a class and did not find it.

Clearly that isn't true, but does make sense as "some random error caused by the code swap."

HPM has a separate and specific mechanism for installing the HPM Manifest and I will look at the possibility of installing HPM itself a little differently.

Of course the all too obvious solution is to just not update HPM for a LONG time :smiley: Since I'm done with my own list of wonderful things, this looks attractive :smiley:

1 Like

@csteele Hello, All the sudden I am getting the below error, any ideas?

It’s a bad or missing manifest. Bptworld has been pulling his apps out of HPM and putting them into his Bundle Manager. To make it go away try the new unmatch option in HPM.

5 Likes

i had same problem with update hanging then it thought i had two versions of hpm intalled but only one was actually. i had to go into hpm and manually remove the manifest for both versions.. i will update manually for now.. doing my other hub as we speak.. not suprising running into issues trying the update the app you are running.

1 Like

For me, it was simple... Start Un-Match, pick BOTH instances, then click Next/Done all the way. Fixed. HPM itself doesn't need a Match Up.

4 Likes

I am not seeing Un-Match in HPM. Where and how to Un-Match? I am running HPM 1.8.6.

EDIT: I found it in Settings at the bottom. I guess the first 2 times I looked there my eyes failed me!

1 Like

search is not working to install. i get this page.. selecting next just shows busy for a sec ... ie spiinning icon and returns to the same page.. nothing relavent in the logs.

guess it did install the code. no indication that it did however..

I just tried to update HPM and got an almost identical, but not quite the same error as those above.

@csteele Hi, I submitted a pull request a few days ago to add a Tag to the settings.json for HPM. Would you be so kind as to approve it? I'm going to be gone for a while and was hoping to get my HPM stuff all squared away before I leave as my access will be very limited.

Thx.

The PR was against the old set of repos.

I added "Tasmota", to settings.json on the HubitatCommunity repo.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Updated to 1.8.6 and found the switcheroo to bundles-first! Thanks, @csteele!

A normal update went a bit awry with this, though:

So I hit "Repair" and it reinstalled everything and now appears fine, including the library install from the bundle and the new Fob install (which is the only one updated to use the library at the moment).

I'll see if it behaves on the next update, but I feel happy enough to start migrating my other drivers to using the library feature. :+1:

1 Like