[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

It's on my list - just thinking through how to do it. I can do tall-only tiles now which was the biggest hurdle for this one.

The current button device type layout fits 1-4 buttons evenly on the tile (horizontally) so it won't work for the tall only layout. I removed that 5th button to make room for the popup icon; I always thought that 5th button didn't really look good there anyway. But, it should be easier to fit 5 buttons evenly on a tall tile.

Sounds good!

just FYI - I did push out an update earlier, 1.0.739. I've been pulled in several directions this week so I didn't have much time to work on the app -- most of the changes I made were smaller, behind the scenes things. But, I did try to work on some visual issues I noticed while testing this afternoon.. things like:

• device state updates not showing.. I wasn't able to consistently reproduce this one but at 1 point noticed the websocket (what I'm using to get HE 'push' updates) get disconnected in a non-expected way and the app didn't reconnect. So, I fixed that in case it happens again.
  • some visual artifacts like extra/empty space at the bottom of the list.. this is an artifact of the grid that supports tall tiles. For now, I'm only using that grid if you have any tall tiles
  • importing config files could result in mixing some device fields.. it happens more on virtual devices (ie: folders, images).. long-story short on this one - the initial version of 'export' didn't save ALL of the device fields so I needed to merge imported devices with what was in the config file. But, for a while now I've been exporting everything so there's no need to do any merging.
3 Likes

version 1.0.743 (beta)

• support tall button layout
  • make text sizes more consistent

It's not the pico layout yet but should be a functional way to show 5 buttons on the screen.

I tried to figure out a good way to keep this from happening. The best I could figure out was to keep the text size from getting larger than the largest size that "55%" could fit in. Hopefully the result is a more consistent text size when looking at different text values side by side (in any display size). It does mean that single digit values won't be as large as before.. but, if you have "1" next to "68%" they should have the same text size.

If it creates any problems let me know.. I can always make it an option to disable this logic too.

4 Likes

Looks good to me... previously as tile sizes got smaller a single digit value got progressively larger (to the point where it would overlay the title text). Now single and double digit tiles appear uniform at all sizes.

So I have .743 on my tablet and there is still a lot of unused real estate on the temperature tiles. I'm not sure this was supposed to be changed yet but it's the same as it was weeks ago.

The app isn't finding any devices for me. It looks to me like it thinks the maker api device ID is 34 when it's 684 for my setup. Suggestions?

11-27 16:56:03.079 11078 11134 D HD_CustomInterceptor: 1) GET http://192.168.x.xxx/installedapp/configure/json/34
11-27 16:56:03.230 11078 11134 D HD_CustomInterceptor: DONE: 1) 151ms http://192.168.x.xxx/installedapp/configure/json/34
11-27 16:56:03.234 11078 11078 I HD_HubitatManager: login: IP:192.168.x.xxx, appId:34, Access Token:true, Cloud Token:true
11-27 16:56:03.246 11078 11078 D HD_HubitatManager: createNetworkEndpoints: connecting to LOCAL IP: http://192.168.x.xxx/apps/api/34/

Hmm.. I don't know. The app fetches this page: http:///installedapp/list and looks for "Maker API" entry and then gets the app ID from that link.

You can manually enter the app ID.. the field is hidden by default but can be displayed by clicking on the "Login Help" button and "Show Advanced" link in the popup.

I do have supporting multiple Maker API instances on my TODO list.. not that this is what's happening in your case though. If you have any ideas why it's happening let me know and I'll try to fix it in the app. Or, if you sent me the HTML of that page I can look too.. maybe the page is different on different versions of HE?

@jpage4500, just found this post the other day and installed! Is there any way to add the ability to sort tile to a position we want on our dashboard? So far I like it , very cool app!

Yes. Change to Edit mode in the sidebar that appears when dragging the left border. Now long press on the tile you wish to move and drag it to the position you want it in and release it. Now exit Edit mode at the top of the screen.

It gets a little trickier when folders are involved but basically the same thing.

1 Like

@LosinIt Outstanding, Thanks I was not sure that they would stay!

1 Like

I have a C-5 firmware 2.2.4.148
I it on two devices with the same result
Entering http:///installedapp/list brings me to the apps page.
Not the wrong ID is coming from.

Entering the maker api device ID manually worked.
Thank you

Can you create multiple dashboards? For example, one for the living room, one for the bedroom etc?

@jpage4500, if I could do a request? Is there any way that you can add the ability to arrange the tiles so that I can place them where I want on the screen? I can now get them in the order I choose thanks to the help from @LosinIt. What I am trying to do is place them all to the left of the screen in the order I choose. If this is already there and I have missed it, where can do I find the setting to let me ? thanks.

As @Losinit pointed out, when you swipe right from the left edge of the screen, there is an "Edit Mode" choice. Click on this (you'll see an "Edit Mode" banner at the top of the screen) and then you can long press on any tile and drag & drop it (even into folders). Click 'Done Editing" on the banner when they are placed where you want them.

@Tony Correct I can do that but the tiles keep moving to the top row and filling in the screen top row to right then next row and so on. I am hoping to place them all on the left and have the empty screen on the right or say around the edge of the whole screen..

When in Edit mode as opposed to Sort (at least on my devices) the tiles won't move until I place them individually wherever I choose; they will stay put when Edit mode is done.

Really? You can place them all in a single, left-justified column? My experience is the same as @sky320's and I don't know how to change that.

Ah, no. I see now what you mean. The order of placement can be customized, the flow cannot,

1 Like

No sir, still fills screen from top down, I guess the best wat to describe what I want is like the home screen of android devices or iOS you can place the tile in any open screen spot and they will stay in that spot not just the order. I guess I am not explaining myself clearly. Thanks for the guidance and help . I will photo shop what I am trying to do.