[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

I'll probably put bluestacks on one of my servers and feed them that way. The wyze bulbs will probably be given to my parents.

I think I've seen that color picker issue as well on my smaller Vizio 'remote control' tablet. Anyway, I should be able to reproduce (and fix) it.

Is the image URL issue known? There's one I know about using mjpg (motion JPG) which I know can be supported - just have to implement it. If it's something else let me know.

The image is a still from a local weather outlet. You can see it in the Hubitat's dashboard. Here's the link:
" https://cdns.abclocal.go.com/three/wls/weather/extended.jpg "

Local camera link doesn't work either.

hmm.. works fine on other devices. I wonder if this is where Glide (image loading library) requires API 19 (4.4) to work. If you try to change icons - do you see any images show up in that dialog? Guessing not if Glide isn't working.

Hope isn't lost as there's other ways to load images from the network.. just might require me to build in some alternative logic for pre-19 devices.

Does everything else seem to work on the Relay?

1 Like

So far, any external images or video streams and the color picker (or manual hex color entry). I'll do a full test later tonight. The functionality of the buttons is unaffected.
To me, this is a huge Improvement!

I always wondered how would Andy on Windows 7 compare in performance to a little Android 7.1.1 box with 4GB RAM.

just a heads-up - I'm working on some improvements to changing device icons. In addition to offering a search of iconsdb.com I'm also going to add a bunch of good smart-home icons to this list by default. I'll try to come up with some choices for most of the common device types out there.. the screenshot below is just an example of what I could find but I could use help from anyone who has some good images they can find and share.

I am trying to keep the images in .png format with a transparent background because that way the tile background color will come through. But, if you have a jpg with a solid background color I can convert it.. anyway, just send it directly to me (email or DM) and I'll add it to the collection. Oh, I'm also using square images.. I'm using 256x256 for most images but anything close will be fine (not too large or too small)

5 Likes

Damn...those are pretty. :smiley:

I have the thermostat tile on the dashboard. It shows the correct temp -- can't adjust. I can adjust from the native dashboard, though.

Is the thermostat on? Right now you can only adjust the setpoint if it's in heat or cool mode (not off or auto). If so, can you send me a log and I'll look?

I sent you the log. It seems I can control the temp -- but, the tile doesn't update. It's stuck on 75 degrees,

Thanks for the log! I see the command being sent: setCoolingSetpoint/74.5 but don't see any updates coming back to the app.

I just tested this myself and after the setCoolingSetpoint/82.0 request I get an event that looks like this:

handleDevicePushUpdate: {"descriptionText":"null","deviceId":"371","displayName":"Nest (3rd floor)","hubId":"0","installedAppId":"0","name":"coolingSetpoint","source":"DEVICE","unit":"null","value":"82.0"}

Does the thermostat change at all when you do this? Could you try doing it on the Nest device itself in HE?

The thermostat does change. The tile doesn't show it. It does work in HE dashboard.

hmm, so the app isn't getting a push update confirming the change. I see other devices receiving push updates so that's working.. just seems like the Nest driver isn't receiving updates. I'm guessing the HE dashboard is polling which is why it's working?

version 1.0.562 (beta)

• add a group of curated icons
  • fix: tapping on a valve will open/close
  • lower API to 18 to support 4.3 devices (needs testing on older devices)

I started a collection of icons that can be used instead of the default icons. These are stored on a shared folder so I'll try to keep adding more icons over time.

I also found and fixed a bug when tapping on a valve - it'll now prompt to open/close

1 Like

Works well in 4.3
Icons are super-small when Tile Size is set to "Small".

Upgraded to the latest - when trying to change icons, it dumps to home screen on both tablets.

The Thermostat still has same issue for me. Tried it on both tabs, in case it was a cache issue.

I have the same issue. App is still running but reverts to home screen. I tried clearing cache, force stop and cleared data. No help.

I tried on Android 4.3 Wink Relay and on my Android 10 phone. Both pick and save new icons just fine so far. Also tried Android emulator in Windows 10. Also no problems picking new icons.

One of my machines is a file server -- so it doesn't use the horsepower it has. I'll goof around with it in the next few days or so. Mounts should be here Monday.