[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

@jpage4500 Joe do you know where the backup to device file gets saved on an Android phone. I created a backup to my phone and loaded a different dashboard from the hub to fix some problem(fire stick). When I went back to load the backup for my phone it shows nothing there. Any thoughts?

Also, it would be nice if we could name our backups to the hub. They all seem to overwrite each other.

You can do this. Before clicking 'save to hub', click on Filename and you can change it.

Lol, I can't tell you how many times over had to run around to all my dashboards shuffling backups without knowing this.

The backup files (on device) are saved in the app's folder - which doesn't require any additional permissions. I don't see how it'd get deleted aside from uninstalling the app though.

Besides the local and hub backup options, you can also save the file to any public folder on the device as well as external cloud options like Google Drive. Just select "Save to other..." on the backup screen and you should see a list of apps that will accept a text file as input. If you have Google Drive, it should show up as an option. If you have a file manager installed it should also show up as an option.

I don't know what happened, I just started from scratch, took 2 hours but discovered all kinds of apps that I forgot to add to the dashboard

I have the OpenWeatherMap driver installed on the hub.

It returns data as it should and is added to the MakerAPI.

When I try and add a weather tile to the dashboard I get this message.

I’ve looked on the help page, but can’t see anything to help.

You don't have to add anything to the dashboard. The "BLC forecast" device should get sent to the app via MakerAPI and will be automatically handled/displayed.

It can take up to 10 minutes for the new device to be discovered by the app. To speed that up, hit more options -> refresh all devices

Then, just look through your devices to find "BLC forecast" (assuming that's the name of the device in Hubitat)

If you don't see it can you double-check that it's checked in MakerAPI? That's the most common mistake

RE: Hubigraphs radar tile support - I'm getting closer. I noticed that if you just enter the URL portion into a Web Tile it uses the entire screen.

ie: if you look at what's coming back for this device via MakerAPI it looks like this:

{
    "name": "Hubigraph Tile Device",
    "label": "Hubigraph Radar Tile",
    "type": "Hubigraph Tile Device",
    "id": "1120",
    "date": "2022-07-11T14:04:40+0000",
    "attributes": {
      "Graph": "\n    <iframe style=\"width: 100%; height: 100%;\" src=\"http://192.168.0.201/apps/api/705/graph/?access_token=REMOVED\" data-fs=\"false\" onload=\"(() => {\n      const body = this.contentDocument.body;\n      const start = () => {\n      if(this.dataset.fs == 'false') {\n        this.style = 'position: fixed; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; z-index: 999;';\n        this.dataset.fs = 'true';\n      } else {\n        this.style = 'width: 100%; height: 100%;';\n        this.dataset.fs = 'false';\n      }\n  }\n  body.addEventListener('dblclick', start);\n})()\"></iframe>\n     \n",
      "dataType": "STRING",

Just enter the URL portion, http://192.168.0.201/apps/api/705/graph/?access_token=REMOVED into a Web Tile

I could have the app automatically do this.. I imagine most of these Hubigraph tiles work this way (a link back to your hub).

but the app thinks it's off when it is on and says it is 'playing' when I turn it off?

Are you using some Roku Hubitat driver so it reports the device's status (playing/etc)? I don't have one to test with but if you can send me what MakerAPI sends when the device is playing I should be able to fix it. There's a few ways to get that info including this page.

Can I have the app with the same dashboard on multiple devices? It's most convenient to use on my phone, but I would like to have a wall mounted dashboard so that guests can turn on lights and what not as easily as possible

I have 2 wall mounted tablets and a couple of devices running the app - all with different layouts. I just have a single MakerAPI instance which 'feeds' the apps all of the devices I have selected there (I don't use MakerAPI for anything else so I just have the devices that I want to view with the dashboard selected here).

For a guest dashboard or just to make it child-proof here's some options:

• If you don't want to view some devices on a given tablet, you can hide them
    • long-press on any device -> hide tile
  • Once you have the tiles setup how you like them, you can require a PIN to open edit mode again. That way, no one can re-order devices or change options without the PIN
    • more options -> PIN protect edit mode
  • Enable Kiosk mode to keep users from accidentally exiting out of the app
    • more options -> kiosk mode

It's not perfect but I'm still improving it. Let me know if there's anything that doesn't work or could be better.

version 1.0.1606 (beta)

• try to fix auto refresh for tiles like date/time
  • add Hubigraph Tile Device logic to pull out URL from iframe
  • minor fix for Calendar (ical) all-day events

I'm seeing the date/time tile on my tablet not updating again. This one's been frustrating because it works perfectly on my test phone but there's something different on my Fire Tablets causing it to break. Anyway, I'm going to push out a small fix to see if I can get it figured out.

I could have the app automatically do this.. I imagine most of these Hubigraph tiles work this way (a link back to your hub).

If you have a Hubigraph device tile I'm also testing out a change which removes the <iframe ... HTML and just loads the URL directly. I haven't fully tested this out so please let me know if you see any issues.

Any idea what could be happening to the alignment of my dashboard. It was properly centered on the screen a few minutes ago but now when I turned on the phone it's leaving a gap at the top.

Solved...Kind of. So I was playing in the hidden tile folder and it dumped everything hidden into my dashboard. After re-hiding everything I didn't want my alignment shifted back to to the top of the screen like it's supposed to be. Have no idea why it did that but it's back to normal. So moral of the story is add some things to the dashboard and get rid of them. When the dashboard reshuffles the tiles around it just may fix the problem.

I’m away at the moment so haven’t had a chance to update and try this yet. Will it be possible to use a custom icon, rather than video thumbnail for the tile? The YouTube videos I link are TV channels so a thumbnail would not identify them the way a channel icon would. Thanks

Is it possible to have an icon displaying a cam feed (updating once per second) then when you click that icon it opens an external app?

Yeah, that was something I was going to add - I'll make a note of it so I don't forget

1 Like

The reason this doesn't show up as a thermostat is it doesn't list Thermostat in its capabilities. It lists several other capabilities but that's the one the app is looking for.

See this page

If I look for ThermostatMode here's what this device would look like:

I'll include that in the next release

1 Like

Thanks @jpage4500

One issue is that it should be heat only (no controls for cooling). I’m not sure why there’s any cooling set point specified, as the system doesn’t support it (though I guess the driver does)

In the UK we mostly have heat only central heating as there’s little use for AC apart from in the car - it rarely gets warm enough…….apart from this week/next week when we may hit a new record due to the current heatwave

You're right.. the app is looking at the thermostatMode and expects it to be one of the following

// thermostatMode - ENUM ["auto", "off", "heat", "emergency heat", "cool"]

Your driver is reporting something else and the app defaults to 'auto' in that case

"thermostatMode": "economy",

Yeah that’s correct. It does report thermostat mode correctly so we see auto, economy, off, day off, away etc as shown in the tile image I posted. I’ll take a look back through some posts made when I first added this into hubitat as I recall there was a similar issue getting it to display correctly in sharp tools

I have noticed the last few days. we have been having some intermittent internet outages. Even though I have the app set to auto, it seems to be staying on cloud, even when I'm on my local network. I can go to the hubitat app on local, and local stuff still works fine. Any ideas what's happening?

I've just ran the update and tried a couple of the YouTube channels I use - it works great so far. When I saw the url you gave as an example, I wasn't sure whether it would work for me as I use the embed url's that YouTube provides. As an example for Sky News Live:

https://youtu.be/9Auq9mYxFEE is the video url. Whereas:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/9Auq9mYxFEE is the url from the embed code that I use (right click 'copy embed code' provides an iframe to use with this as the source url)

Anyway it works and for the first few I've added, the resulting thumbnail happens to be the channel icon so will save me assigning a custom icon.

1 Like